SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-13-08, 11:15 PM   #826
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunnutazzo
Hello, I wish back a full power flak, how?
You want to clarify your statement
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-08, 04:11 PM   #827
cunnutazzo
Soundman

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
Could be possible the flak is weaker in OM? If so I want the "original" flak back, with full power. I tried many times to shot planes but my crew isn't able to shot anything, on the other side the planes gunners are snipers
cunnutazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-08, 04:45 PM   #828
Ripper
Watch

Downloads: 4

Has this been tested with Environment 5.0 mod? It wants to overwrite a lot of files in the #4 Ships Reflect portion of the mod.
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-08, 06:12 PM   #829
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Could be possible the flak is weaker in OM? If so I want the "original" flak back, with full power. I tried many times to shot planes but my crew isn't able to shot anything, on the other side the planes gunners are snipers
I will look into it
Old 11-14-08, 06:40 PM   #830
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper
Has this been tested with Environment 5.0 mod? It wants to overwrite a lot of files in the #4 Ships Reflect portion of the mod.
I conducted a code review with EE5 vs OMv500 with the following results

1. E5.0 Install main\Data\Cfg\Sim.cfg conflicts with OM and "MUST" be remove or it will cause major problems for OM

2. Other Clouds - no problems noted

3. Submarines Splash Sound - there are conflicts with a number of OM U-boats that without further evaluation have a potential to cause serious problems. Use at your own risk

4. Ships Reflect - no problems noted

5. Depthcharge Sound - no problems noted

6. EE5.0_Patch_2.0 - no problems noted
Old 11-15-08, 06:57 AM   #831
Ripper
Watch

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper
I conducted a code review with EE5 vs OMv500 with the following results

1. E5.0 Install main\Data\Cfg\Sim.cfg conflicts with OM and "MUST" be remove or it will cause major problems for OM
I removed sim.cfg and sensors.dat after reading this post from Seminole/W_Clear so that's not a problem.

Quote:
2. Other Clouds - no problems noted

3. Submarines Splash Sound - there are conflicts with a number of OM U-boats that without further evaluation have a potential to cause serious problems. Use at your own risk

4. Ships Reflect - no problems noted

5. Depthcharge Sound - no problems noted

6. EE5.0_Patch_2.0 - no problems noted

Sounds good. Thanks.
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 07:44 AM   #832
limkol
XO

Downloads: 210
Appreciate your hard work Lurker. Great mod.
Now I'm curious..........what are serious problems? Really enjoy OM and use EE5, but get a little bit alarmed when I see 'use at own risk'. What exactly is the risk?
Sorry if it seems a stupid question. No offence intended.
limkol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 09:04 AM   #833
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by limkol
Appreciate your hard work Lurker. Great mod.
Now I'm curious..........what are serious problems? Really enjoy OM and use EE5, but get a little bit alarmed when I see 'use at own risk'. What exactly is the risk?
Sorry if it seems a stupid question. No offence intended.
What it means is I have not done a "complete" evaluations on the files that EE5 changes and do not know if the changes will cause "major" harm to OM. When I did a "quick look" at the files using some of my evaluation tools it appeared that the changes "may" be ok, "but" not 100% sure.
Old 11-15-08, 03:45 PM   #834
Bashou0
Watch

Downloads: 0
Default planeattacks

Just curious : those plane attacks in v400 and v500, are they in any way related to reallity..?
I'm asking this because I discovered that, for instance, the whole of the "golf of Biskaye", there are planes on EVERY inch, which is simply impossible. What's more and equal damaging: once those planes has discovered you, and they discover you WITHIN THE SECOND you surface ( also no very likely...this can happen, even with "mal chance" a couple of times, but not every time and on the spot ), they attack you and KEEP ATTACKING FOR DAYS !!!
This is ridiculous.
I kept track of those planes for ruling out the possiblilty they replace eachother, something in reality indeed can happen. But no, it's the same plane, over and over again with an indefinite load of bombs and indefinite gasoil...
What's more : they discover you in haling storm, at night, with nothing but dens rain, you yourself can't see your nose, but, HALLO, there are the planes, whithin the second and on the spot, and recon they can see you as clear as daylight...!
I go on : if you order the crew to engage that target, they seem to be more drunk than a 200 year old Irish ( no offence!). They miss their target by hunderds of meters, and are still shooting at the bow when the planes have an age ago passed the stern.
To continue : in despair you take the flak yourself, only to come to the conclusion that IN NO WAY you gonna hit a plane.

This is for me a dead end. It makes the game increesing bore and their is no fun anymore. So, I would love to hear from someone if all this indeed is to be the way that's foreseen, I'm no longer offering my precious time to this monsun-mod.

Love to hear from someone.
Bashou0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 04:06 PM   #835
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashou0
Just curious : those plane attacks in v400 and v500, are they in any way related to reallity..?
I'm asking this because I discovered that, for instance, the whole of the "golf of Biskaye", there are planes on EVERY inch, which is simply impossible. What's more and equal damaging: once those planes has discovered you, and they discover you WITHIN THE SECOND you surface ( also no very likely...this can happen, even with "mal chance" a couple of times, but not every time and on the spot ), they attack you and KEEP ATTACKING FOR DAYS !!!
This is ridiculous.
I kept track of those planes for ruling out the possiblilty they replace eachother, something in reality indeed can happen. But no, it's the same plane, over and over again with an indefinite load of bombs and indefinite gasoil...
What's more : they discover you in haling storm, at night, with nothing but dens rain, you yourself can't see your nose, but, HALLO, there are the planes, whithin the second and on the spot, and recon they can see you as clear as daylight...!
I go on : if you order the crew to engage that target, they seem to be more drunk than a 200 year old Irish ( no offence!). They miss their target by hunderds of meters, and are still shooting at the bow when the planes have an age ago passed the stern.
To continue : in despair you take the flak yourself, only to come to the conclusion that IN NO WAY you gonna hit a plane.

This is for me a dead end. It makes the game increesing bore and their is no fun anymore. So, I would love to hear from someone if all this indeed is to be the way that's foreseen, I'm no longer offering my precious time to this monsun-mod.

Love to hear from someone.

Operation Monsun aims to deliver the most realistic experience within the "limitations of the game engine". The basis for all my design decisions and direction is based upon historical data.

I am always open to suggestions and criticism as long as it is substantiated with historical data.

As such, to get changes made to parts of the mode require that you substantiate your view with historical data because posts stating that I 'think' it should be or I 'want' it to be will not get any traction.
Old 11-16-08, 07:03 AM   #836
linerkiller
Captain

Downloads: 36

I noticed a problem in the stern cable railing of the type VIIB, they are not supported by the "ramrods", they floats in mid-air....Any way to fix it??
Then, the VIIB and the VIIC had the same turret...why???

But the mod is great as usual!

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
http://www.youtube.com/user/willembrock

Last edited by linerkiller; 11-16-08 at 07:04 AM.
linerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-08, 08:15 AM   #837
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by linerkiller
I noticed a problem in the stern cable railing of the type VIIB, they are not supported by the "ramrods", they floats in mid-air....Any way to fix it??

But the mod is great as usual!

Quote:
noticed a problem in the stern cable railing of the type VIIB, they are not supported by the "ramrods", they floats in mid-air....Any way to fix it??
no

Quote:
I assume you mean "conning tower" and it was a mod design choice on my part
Old 11-16-08, 09:41 AM   #838
linerkiller
Captain

Downloads: 36

Thank you for the fast reply ! I really loves the sinking mechanics of your mod...no more four-second sinkings !

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
http://www.youtube.com/user/willembrock
linerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-08, 11:38 AM   #839
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

All right, I have had a very odd situation in the game....:hmm:

December 1941, Type VIIC, trying to go through the straits of Gibraltar close to the African coast, I meet a small force of british Sub Chasers (3 of them). The weather is good, no clouds, no fog, and I don't get any report from my crew. AFAIK that is exactly the typichal case of the side-effects of the visual sensor as currently configurated, according to what I have readed in the support documentation (Wow, someone who actually reads it!! ) so I know the origin of the problem. But, the problem is that the enemy AI ships didn't see me either , even if going only a few hundred yards close to me. I decided to put a torpedo on one of them, and when he blows out of the water, they finally react and seem to start seeing me.

Is this enemy sensor behaviour normal??
Old 11-16-08, 01:59 PM   #840
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
All right, I have had a very odd situation in the game....:hmm:

December 1941, Type VIIC, trying to go through the straits of Gibraltar close to the African coast, I meet a small force of british Sub Chasers (3 of them). The weather is good, no clouds, no fog, and I don't get any report from my crew. AFAIK that is exactly the typichal case of the side-effects of the visual sensor as currently configurated, according to what I have readed in the support documentation (Wow, someone who actually reads it!! ) so I know the origin of the problem. But, the problem is that the enemy AI ships didn't see me either , even if going only a few hundred yards close to me. I decided to put a torpedo on one of them, and when he blows out of the water, they finally react and seem to start seeing me.

Is this enemy sensor behaviour normal??
As far as I know yes