Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-13-21, 03:55 PM   #8476
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean C View Post
Around late February of 2020, I became ill. I mean really, really ill. Fever, chills, cold sweats, body aches ... you name it. I don't often get ill, but this was as bad if not worse than I've ever been. I could not eat or drink more than a few sips every hour or so. It lasted for about three days, during which I laid on the couch. I told my wife that if I didn't start feeling better, I was going to the emergency room. Of course, this was right before Covid made headlines, so I had no idea what might be going on.

Anyway, I got better and I haven't had a problem since (other than coughing up a very small amount of phlegm now and then - but I'm also a smoker). I was classed as an "essential worker", so I worked as usual through this whole thing. I supervised about 100 people, many of whom contracted Covid. And I was in contact with hundreds of other people every day. I think I mentioned before that one former co-worker and dear friend of mine died. But I have not been ill since February, 2020.

I have no known health conditions right now (except migraines, which I've always had). I take no prescribed medications. I am still not sure if what I had back then was Covid. But I'd be honestly surprised if I did not have the antibodies in my system. From what I've read about both the vaccine and the "boosters", I don't see them as being either superior or inferior to natural immunity.

The main point of what I wrote was that I don't have a problem with this or any other vaccine. I think it makes sense for some people to get it. What I do have a problem with is legislation based on incomplete information.

Thank you! You, as well. And please do ask. Believe it or not, almost no one does.
I said the same thing, but then I did some more research. They have given the mRNA vaccines to enough people now, that we know the risks of adverse effects. Even with the swine flu in 76 or the polio vaccines to start with, they knew within a few months of problems before halting and reformulating. There really aren't any vaccines that have adverse effects that show up decades later. The most likely serious adverse effects are anaphylactic shock - typically within minutes. Some student-athletes may want to wait to the off-season over risks of myocarditis, but the risk is something like 9x less getting it from the vaccines than getting it from getting covid.

I still think it should be personal choice, but the data set at this point is large enough that I'm comfortable taking them and giving them to my kids.

NovaVax might be your preference once it starts being used here since it uses a "traditional" vaccine deliver method.

Since I've been vaxed and then got it, I'm probably in almost the best position, immunity-wise. Data is showing that recovering from it and then getting one dose is the best level of immunity.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-21, 05:04 PM   #8477
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Old 09-14-21, 02:26 AM   #8478
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Default For What It's Worth

"What a field-day for the heat
A thousand people in the street
Singing songs and carrying signs
Mostly say, hooray for our side

It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound Everybody look what's going down"

Last edited by Sean C; 09-14-21 at 03:04 AM.
Sean C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-21, 08:50 AM   #8479
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I had COVID twice once before I was vaccinated and again after I was vaccinated. According to the CDC I had a half a percent chance of dying. Oh and by the way the second time was Delta last month, and what a miserable week that was I absolutely exhausted, messed up my taste buds too. I was already feeling like crap but didn’t think nothing of it until I realized whatever it was was messed up my taste. That’s when it occurred to me it was might be COVID. A bottle of water tasted metallic, nothing tasted the same. But why COVID so many times? I work in retail automotive I interact with hundreds of customers each day. Some wear face coverings some, including me, don’t.

Virus protection.

Wuhan institute lab workers.

U.S. armed forces. Know your MOPP levels for biological threats.

This just in COVIDcult science has just proven you can’t spit on mirrors while wearing a face covering. Wear a face covering to protect our mirrors.

Or don’t

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 09-14-21 at 09:38 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-21, 08:59 AM   #8480
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

This spit test in front of a mirror does not show if you are fully protected.

Yes it stops huge and medium sized droplets but the small micro drops pass through.

Furthermore even a simpel tissue,towel or scarf stops these huge and medium sized droplets

I do NOT say you shouldn't wear these N95 or Type IIR(surgical) mask.

They have a good protection-95 % against virus.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-21, 09:06 AM   #8481
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
This spit test in front of a mirror does not show if you are fully protected.

Yes it stops huge and medium sized droplets but the small micro drops pass through.

Furthermore even a simpel tissue,towel or scarf stops these huge and medium sized droplets

I do NOT say you shouldn't wear these N95 or Type IIR(surgical) mask.

They have a good protection-95 % against virus.

Markus
No, N95 masks were NEVER intended to defend against a virus. They are intended to protect people from inhaling 95% of particles 3.0 microns or larger. Virus are sometimes carried by those particles and then become trapped in the masks filter that’s a good thing. But there are no guarantees and it also turns your mask into a breeding ground and if the wearer is untrained in their use may still infect themselves.

Old 09-14-21, 09:13 AM   #8482
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
No, N95 masks were NEVER intended to defend against a virus. They are intended to protect people from inhaling 95% of particles 3.0 microns or larger. Virus are sometimes carried by those particles and then become trapped in the masks filter that’s a good thing. But there are no guarantees and it also turns your mask into a breeding ground and if the wearer is untrained in their use may still infect themselves.
Ok I was wrong.
I based my comment on what I once read about the size on these droplets from a person who sneeze-They have sizes from viewable to so small you only can see them in a microscope.

I think that these 5 % covers these very very small droplets.

Edit
Sometimes I act before thinking-so I made a search "sneeze in a facemask" and found following

"
The most common method of spread for respiratory viruses like the one that causes COVID-19 is through respiratory droplet transmission, in which virus-laden droplets are propelled from an infected person directly onto the mucosal surfaces (found in the nose, mouth, and eyes) of a host. These droplets can also linger in the air and on surfaces.

Cloth face masks help prevent the spread of COVID-19 from sick or asymptomatically infected persons. They also protect the mask wearer from being exposed to as many viral particles, which can reduce the odds of someone getting sick if they’re near a person with COVID-19.

It’s critically important to wear a face mask to prevent the spread of germs. An October 2020 study published in the journal Nature Medicine suggests that widespread use of masks could prevent nearly 130,000 of 500,000 COVID-related death experts estimate will occur by March 2021 in the United States.

However, it’s not guaranteed that a mask will capture every respiratory droplet when someone coughs or sneeze
"
End edit

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-21, 11:50 AM   #8483
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Ok I was wrong.
I based my comment on what I once read about the size on these droplets from a person who sneeze-They have sizes from viewable to so small you only can see them in a microscope.

I think that these 5 % covers these very very small droplets.

Edit
Sometimes I act before thinking-so I made a search "sneeze in a facemask" and found following

"
The most common method of spread for respiratory viruses like the one that causes COVID-19 is through respiratory droplet transmission, in which virus-laden droplets are propelled from an infected person directly onto the mucosal surfaces (found in the nose, mouth, and eyes) of a host. These droplets can also linger in the air and on surfaces.

Cloth face masks help prevent the spread of COVID-19 from sick or asymptomatically infected persons. They also protect the mask wearer from being exposed to as many viral particles, which can reduce the odds of someone getting sick if they’re near a person with COVID-19.

It’s critically important to wear a face mask to prevent the spread of germs. An October 2020 study published in the journal Nature Medicine suggests that widespread use of masks could prevent nearly 130,000 of 500,000 COVID-related death experts estimate will occur by March 2021 in the United States.

However, it’s not guaranteed that a mask will capture every respiratory droplet when someone coughs or sneeze
"
End edit

Markus

I'm a supporter of mask usage. It is just one of the tools in our toolbox. Is it the strongest tool to help not contract or spread COVID? No but it is still a good tool.
Old 09-14-21, 12:51 PM   #8484
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Covid remains a risk, warns Boris Johnson, but says UK better placed to deal with it.

Johnson was setting out plan for tackling Covid over winter in a briefing with Chris Whitty and Sir Patrick Vallance.

Rollout of booster jab for over 50s and younger vulnerable adults to start next week.

PM adds he can't 'rule out completely' the possibility of mandating vaccine passports.

Mandatory face masks and working from home may be necessary if the NHS is overwhelmed.

UK reports 26,628 cases on Tuesday and 185 deaths within 28 days of a positive test.

Meanwhile, children aged 12 to 15 across the UK will be offered one dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid jab, the government says.

Invitations for the vaccine will begin next week and parental consent will be sought for the programme, which is based in schools.

It follows advice from the UK's chief medical officers, who say the jab will help to reduce disruption to education.

Elsewhere, job vacancies have hit a record high as the economic recovery continues and the furlough scheme starts to wind down.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-21, 12:58 PM   #8485
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 09-14-21, 12:59 PM   #8486
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Covid booster jabs will begin to be offered across the UK from next week.

Health Secretary Sajid Javid said he had accepted advice from the JCVI that around 30m people should be offered a third dose - Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have followed suit.

The booster should be given at least six months after a second dose - with the Pfizer jab recommended.

Those eligible include over-50s, younger adults with health conditions and frontline health and care workers.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58550833

Old 09-14-21, 02:08 PM   #8487
Arlo
The Old Man

Old 09-14-21, 03:46 PM   #8488
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

I say we make those fat ass lazy and or diabetic do nothings start exercising. That too will increase their survival chance for heart disease, stroke, COVID, Flu and multitude of other health problems.

Let’s go America morning walk run and excercise program starts tomorrow early. It’s for your own good. Don’t be a bunch whiny brat neer-do-wells. Put the donuts down turn off the tv and come outside and do something productive with your life.

Old 09-14-21, 03:58 PM   #8489
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I say we make those fat ass lazy and or diabetic do nothings start exercising. That too will increase their survival chance for heart disease, stroke, COVID, Flu and multitude of other health problems.

Let’s go America morning walk run and excercise program starts tomorrow early. It’s for your own good. Don’t be a bunch whiny brat neer-do-wells. Put the donuts down turn off the tv and come outside and do something productive with your life.
Yeah ,yeah. We should throw all wheelchair bound people on the ground and make them crawl until they walk then walk until they run then run until they flap their arms and fly.

https://www.wlox.com/2021/08/11/watc...id-surge-miss/

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...re-at-risk-too

https://account.charlotteobserver.co...cid=ab_archive

https://www.advisory.com/en/daily-br...d-young-people

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...ant-hits-young
Old 09-14-21, 04:34 PM   #8490
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Neither adipositas nor obesity type 2 get tackled by excercising. Just saying. You torment fat or diabetic people in vein there.

I am not arguing that one should not excercise if one feels like it, and that it cannot do positive effects for other health variables. It does. But battling adipositas and diabetic type 2 efficiently is not amongst them.

Stop eating on many opportunities a day, and that includes snacking. Eat only twice or even just once a day. Dramatically reduce carbohydrates. Do not exaggerate protein. Sort out bad fats, focus on good fats. Eating good fats - makes you thin. Avoid "lite fat" products. avoid sweeteners. Do not go all vegan or all vegetarian. Avoid meat form animals fed with Omega-6 enriching stuff (soy, corn, wheat). East fat fish, and often. No sugar and sweet, worse: fructose, worse: corn syrup, the worst: high fructose corn syrup (HFCS, this at the latest should be rated as a most toxic poison: it kills, and faster than any other sugar).

Reduce frequency and amplitude of insuline spikes. Thats is the Alpha and Omega of it. Insulkine is what makes oyu fat, and makes you diabetic (obviously I am not talking about diabetes type 1, which is something totally different).

See my Health thread. Its all in there.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan