SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-17-15, 02:51 PM   #1
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Default World war two in a modern version

A story about a dream of making a campaign in CMANO

Got the Game and played some mission. toke a look at this mission editor tried to create some small mission failed. I really wanted to learn how to create missions not small but big ones

At same time I followed the news Crisis in EU-That gave me an idea.

A campaign with several scenarios- WWII all over again but with modern weapon a.s.o

Not going to make a whole novel

Before the EU break England, France, Poland and some other countries exit EU and NATO and create a political and a military alliance.

Germany, Italy and some other countries do the same.

Jump for ward in future

Hostile between Germany and Poland etc

Germany attack Poland and invade the country.

The rest is so to say history.

Just an idea

So if there's any one CMANO-player out there who's brilliant in creating missions and really haven't any idea of what their next scenario should be, then maybe the suggestion above could be something or ?

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-15, 05:13 PM   #2
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Was thinking on one of many scenarios in this possible campaign

The invasion in Normandy

And in almost every missions controlling several convoys-cause German subs will try to sink your merch.

Markus
Old 11-18-15, 03:07 AM   #3
Sunburn
Warfaresims

Downloads: 2

Interesting concept!

Are you planning to make scenarios based on this?
Sunburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-15, 03:44 AM   #4
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Economically Russia is not the powerhouse it was back in the day (still compatable to Germany), nor are the other European states, when compared to the established super power - USA and the rising one - PRC. So you would need significant changes in economics and IC.
Old 11-18-15, 01:36 PM   #5
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
Economically Russia is not the powerhouse it was back in the day (still compatable to Germany), nor are the other European states, when compared to the established super power - USA and the rising one - PRC. So you would need significant changes in economics and IC.

Its nothing but an idea

Breakdown in EU and NATO etc etc

Germany attack Poland(how would such a war be today with modern weapon ?) England and France declare Germany war. Germany attacks Belgium and Holland a.s.o

The political is something the player don't have to think about, it will be a story for him or her to read before they press "play/enter scenario"

Markus
Old 11-18-15, 05:34 PM   #6
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

It's worth trying! As somebody who's recently built his first CMANO scenario, I can tell you the editor is really not that scary and especially if you build shorter tactical missions, it's not much different from ordering a set of missions and ROE for two sides and then testing it a bunch to see how they play out.

I think the real tricky thing is that there's not a 1:1 match between the roles of old weapons and the roles of new weapons, so you might end up with some real fish-out-of-water situations - for example, German submarines today are simply not designed for the role and patterns of operations as the World War II ones, and the platforms and deployments used for ASW to defend against them would be vastly different from the convoy system of old. But well, give it a try and see what you can come up with yourself!

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-15, 01:30 PM   #7
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunburn View Post
Interesting concept!

Are you planning to make scenarios based on this?
No, I have as mentioned above, tried to make missions but have failed maybe its because English ain't my native language and/or I really don't understand the technical things in making scenarios.

I hope that some brilliant would take up my idea and create a campaign consisting of many scenarios-WWII all over again.

I forgot something in my first post, my idea is concentrate around Europe and some part of the Atlantic(from the middle of the ocean)

Markus