SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-04-20, 07:09 AM   #2356
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I read that a new study from Hong Kong exmained the efficiency of surgical masks. As was expected, thse tredcue the ammount of huge droplets beign blown out by people. What they also shiowed however is somethign that cnanot be seen as reassuring: they showed that even finest aerosols blown out by people who during the test session did not cough or sneeze, but simply breated calmy, carried RNA from virus and was infectous. These were so fine particles that they passed through the surgical mask when the individual breathed out.

This means that the much wider openings you need to expect in ordinary textiles, cloth and fibres worn before motu and nose, are almost useless to protect anyone: the individual from the many, and the many from the idnividual.

They found infected aerosol particles being exhaled also by asymptomatci patients (patients not showing symptoms and not sneezing or coughing at all). Asymptomatic patients carrying a surgical maks can infect other people despite their mask.

It needs finer particle filters, there is no alternative. Other claims are simply propaganda.

What i do not understand is why although severla companies stand ready in germany the German ministers do not start to build factories in germany for producing both clinal standard masks and producing certain drugs that we are runnign dangerously thin on. But then, on this they od not get their acts together since almost two decades now. But not even now they listen to the starting shots. Several companies stand ready and are just waiting for it, i read.

Last edited by Skybird; 04-04-20 at 07:21 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 07:17 AM   #2357
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
I'd say the Black Plague has already been there done that back in the 1300's.
It is nice to know being Paranoid doesn't mean We are wrong being Paranoid!

You are real quick to dismiss past History and I think you do that intentionally.
Perhaps you dismiss the lessons of the past?
Or read them to suit your misplaced vision of future events??
Don't know and really don't care.

You have an perspective I find interesting. Perhaps it's the translations?
But I find your perspective skewed.
If this indeed Armageddon? As you tend to preach?
Then just come out and tell us you are the Divine Protectorat to lead us to the New World.

Other then that? It's just babble and ramblings of a tired, secluded hermit.
I do think you have better things to say. I really do.
Why do you try to argue with me if you should better try to falsify the numbers and trends? Martenson is a dman clever man, and all he uses, is simple reason, and logic and proper understanding of statistics. He was right 2007/2008. He now is right with prictaolyl all he has said about the corona crisis again. Having the Austrian understanding of economics that I have, I completely share his view in the financial drama ahead, too. What would have happene dnayway, now gets accelerated by Corona, it is a katalysator. What is coming there has the potential to really shake and rattle and cripple and crumble the whole global civilization. Because different to the middle age, today the world is not regionally autark, but indeed globalised and dependent. Symtpoms will not be limited to local regions, but will travel around the world. In hours.

This will not be like 2007. This will be much, much worse. In fact it already is - and it just has started.
Old 04-04-20, 07:27 AM   #2358
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Rec'd a phone call the person in question said he saw on one of these world news channels there is a second outbreak in China a new deadlier virus! I do not know if this is true or not as this is news to me, oh I can say it was not RT News it began with "A" sorry he said it so fast.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 07:39 AM   #2359
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Beijing's leading doctor warns of a NEW coronavirus outbreak in China after the country reported its first case of someone 'catching the illness from a person returning from abroad'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eak-China.html

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 07:45 AM   #2360
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Beijing's leading doctor warns of a NEW coronavirus outbreak in China after the country reported its first case of someone 'catching the illness from a person returning from abroad'

Typical stupid fools, have they learnt anything?

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 04-04-20, 08:00 AM   #2361
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:

Apologists will be calling for an aid package to China because "we've" infected them. Turkey being a member of NATO allied to the USA and all.
Old 04-04-20, 08:10 AM   #2362
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

US President Donald Trump has said he will not wear a face mask despite new medical guidance advising Americans to do so.

Up to 4,000 prisoners in England and Wales are to be released in an effort to control the spread of coronavirus, the Ministry of Justice has said.

China stops for three minutes to remember the dead.

Mobile phone masts have been torched and engineers abused over "baseless" theories linking coronavirus to 5G.

Old 04-04-20, 08:13 AM   #2363
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Mobile phone masts have been torched and engineers abused over "baseless" theories linking coronavirus to 5G.
Well there you have it no hope for the human race.

Old 04-04-20, 08:19 AM   #2364
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The UK government is not alone in its concerns about warmer weather bringing people out of their homes. Crowds gathered at Sydney's popular beaches on Saturday, breaking Australia's social distancing measures.

Pictures in Australian media show large groups of people sunbathing, walking along beachfronts and surfing. Manly beach in northern Sydney is a particular hotspot.

Gatherings of more than two people are banned in public places, unless they are members of the same household - police there can issue fines of up to A$1000 (£488).

The country has more than 5,500 cases, with almost half of those in the region where Sydney is located, New South Wales.
FOOLS!

Old 04-04-20, 08:28 AM   #2365
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
The UK government is not alone in its concerns about warmer weather bringing people out of their homes
NOW GET THIS IN TO YOUR HEADS YOU THICK AS TWO SHORT PLANKS LOT WE ALL HAVE TO PLAY ARE PART IN WINNING THE WAR SO STAY AT HOME! DO YOU WANT TO RISK BEING KILLED? DO YOU WANT TO LOOSE YOUR JOB BY DRAGGING OUT THE LOCK DOWN BECAUSE YOU THINK THE SUN WILL KILL IT I AM ALL RIGHT?

Old 04-04-20, 08:46 AM   #2366
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
A landlady whose pub was shut down after police were called to a "lock-in" during the coronavirus lockdown said she "wished she'd kept the door shut".

Mandy Mallinson said she had been celebrating her husband's birthday at the Blue Bell Inn in Nottinghamshire.

She admitted six regulars had turned up uninvited, but insists it was not a planned "lock-in".

A councillor said the pub had been visited on successive weekends over concerns it was "flouting" rules.

Nottinghamshire Police were called to the premises in Mansfield Road, Sutton-in-Ashfield, last weekend and used new powers to shut down what they described as a "lock-in".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-52136758
There's a quick fix for that...take her licence off her.

Old 04-04-20, 08:58 AM   #2367
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
As the coronavirus stretches New York City emergency rooms and paramedics to their limits, a regional EMT group has issued new guidelines almost unthinkable even days ago -- if someone's in cardiac arrest and you can't revive them in the field, don't bring them to the emergency room.

The newly implemented order that takes effect Thursday was implemented in an effort to control the surge of patients in hospitals due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Man, not good.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 09:00 AM   #2368
Skybird
Soaring

Actually, for pandemic control, it does not even need a total stay-home-order, it even is encouraged over here to take a dose of fresh air by NOT stopping sports outside. The point is: you have to stay ALONE, isolated, 10m distance to others (the official rule is 2m , i say that is not enough, based on the findings of the MIT). Not building groups. Not staying stationary. Even better if the day is windy, then these huge clouds of aerosols cannot build up. Bicycling is ideal, because you move on average 4x faster than a pedestrian. But keep your distance to others, do not meet with friends, stay alone, stay away from others by 10m, which in the open, outside the town, should be possible.

German states have deliberately decided not to ban bicycles.

Excercising this way even stimulates your immune system, like does keeping your Vit-D and Vit-C levels up to your physiologically possible maximum. In vitro they also showed that zinc can help to prevent the virus to copy itself once it entered a cell, but that was in the lab and in vitro, the problem is how to get zinc into the cell by just eating it. You cannot boost your immune system beyond its natural limit, that is a myth but you can care for keeping its ammo dumb filled up to that max level. Not all vitamines make sense as as nutrion supplements sicn ethey do not work that good if consummed alone and isolated, but a very few ones do and have been shown to reduce the risk of catching infections, depending on the nutrition scenario the individual is embedded in by levels between low 10s to up to 70% probability reduction. Namely Vit-D and especially over the dark half of the year.

However: watch out for the stupids and the uncaring brutal egoists. These are indeed a real threat. When walkign in the green of open meadows or forest, it should be possible to identify these early and avoid them.

Strolls in town I would avoid if not needed, on this I agree. Visiting shop I reduce to doing it once a week only.Places of tourist mass attraction in normal times I would avoid as well (beaches), since the probability of running into ignorrants is higher there, than in any forsaken place in the woods.

Last edited by Skybird; 04-04-20 at 09:10 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 09:21 AM   #2369
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Thirteen residents at a Glasgow care home have died in one week following a suspected outbreak of coronavirus.

Staff at Burlington Court Care Home, Cranhill, said they were "closely monitoring" the health of other people in their care and that "strict protocols" were in place.

All of the deceased residents had underlying health conditions and their families have been made aware.

Two staff members have tested positive and are being treated in hospital.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-west-52165397
Not sure which I'd rather not be in, a care home or a cruise ship.

Old 04-04-20, 10:00 AM   #2370
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:

Beware the herald wave, because there's a Tsunami right behind it.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan