Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-05-20, 02:35 PM   #3376
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
Well, what are they gonna do? They're talking about easing restrictions here. So they're just gonna shove this all under the carpet and pretend it never happened?

God, sometimes I just HATE politicians.

My guess is they figure the death rate would be far greater because of global economic collapse than COVID-19 virus.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 03:14 PM   #3377
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Only good for today

Vice President Mike Pence said Thursday the White House is working on a transition plan with FEMA.

“I think we’re starting to look at the Memorial Day window, early June window as a time when we could begin to transition back
to having our agencies begin to manage...our national response in a more traditional manner,” Pence said.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 03:41 PM   #3378
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Vitamine D again, from minute 18:00 on, an Indonesian study released April 26th.

Once again it was fo7und that Vit-D deficient patient were more likely to die, than patient with normal Vitamine-D levels.

Why I drum this bongo time and again? Because there are a few things - and only a few tbings - that everybody can actively do himself to decrease the likelihood of catching this vorus or getting seriously affected by it. And securing a strong Vit-D level is one of these few things:
1. Wear a self-protective (FFP) masks in enclosed compartments and shops.

2. Keep away from other people by far more than just 2 meters.

3. Avoid as much as you can the aerosol clouds left by somebody walking before you, in open space, and in closed space anyway. Beware those damn joggers and bikler sand skaters. They usually just dont care a damn.

4. Not touching your face (nose, mouth, eyes).

5. Good hand-washing discipline.

6. Take Vit-D (with Vit-K and magnesium).

Get used to the idea to practice this for many months to come. Until we have a safe vaccine (that does not come at the cost of even restrtengthening paradox immunization reactions). Get used to have no normal holiday travels and crowded beaches as well. The ideal group size is "1".
Old 05-05-20, 03:48 PM   #3379
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
My guess is they figure the death rate would be far greater because of global economic collapse than COVID-19 virus.
They have realized the mistakes that were made in the beginning of the plague (just a flu, bro) and now they start bowing and praying to the virus cause the figures are too embarrassing.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 03:49 PM   #3380
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

According to the news here

Some french guy had Corona already in December and the authorities in Denmark and Sweden are pretty sure we could have had infected person before the first known person had been infected.

The same goes in USA, where they also think Chinese American can have infected other Americans long before the first known case.

This makes me wonder.

Did China know about this virus long before they have admit ?

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 03:56 PM   #3381
Skybird
Soaring

And I forgot wehre I red it earlier today, an Americna epidemiologist form i think Johns Hopkins (not sure of that) did some analysis with data from the German Robert Koch Institute. He found that the age group 20-24 is the group getting sick the most often, and also acting the most carelessly. These youngster are real "Virenschleudern" (that means they are extremely aggressively spreading the desease and infecting others). By tendency that matches what I see in the world around me, I would extend that age group to all the twenties, and school teens anyway.

This does not mean they all build severe symptoms, but it means they get infected more often than other age groups, and spread the virus more aggressively than any other age group.

Treat them as health hazards, and dangerous. They act irrational and irresponsibly, stubborn and aggressively. Do not discuss with them. Avoid them.

And latte-maciato-slurping mommies pushing strollers and having crowds of Kindergarden-age bugs swarming around them. Nightmare scenario, condition Red. Anti-authoritarian education is such a wonderful thing...
Old 05-05-20, 04:27 PM   #3382
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

^take your meds. Stop building stakes.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 07:24 PM   #3383
August
Wayfaring Stranger

August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 08:42 PM   #3384
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Actually, some of the "cool" and "popular" kids in my grade would be the ones acting irresponsibly because all they care about is the latest fashion and social media status. HONESTLY, the "cool" kids will be the first to either get sick or to die because they don't care about the rules.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 12:38 AM   #3385
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
At this point, I agree, time to ease up on low risk workers and watch the trends carefully.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 05:37 AM   #3386
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Well Russia is catching up to Sweden and US in terms of daily new cases per capita.
Old 05-06-20, 06:21 AM   #3387
Skybird
Soaring

So simple yet effective in design. One wonders: why don't we have these?

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world...t-lon-orig.cnn
Old 05-06-20, 08:29 AM   #3388
Skybird
Soaring

Lovely.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52557955

Sounds a bit as if we may be royally screwed...!? My fear this was all the time: that it might turn out to be like the common cold: ever-changing, ever-mutating, and thus until today no cure nor vaccine.
Old 05-06-20, 10:23 AM   #3389
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Remember when in Russia not to complain about PPE shortages

https://apnews.com/62bab5b82454138c7c92d00ae6c2cb29

2 Russian doctors dead, 1 in ICU after mysterious accidents

Quote:
Two Russian doctors have died and one remains in the intensive care unit in serious condition after falling out of windows in hospitals under mysterious circumstances.

The tragic incidents last week made national headlines, with media reports saying all three have come under pressure from their superiors over working conditions amid the coronavirus pandemic.

In recent weeks, medical workers all over Russia have decried shortages of protective equipment and questionable infection control procedures that turned dozens of hospitals into virus hotbeds, with hundreds of doctors and nurses contracting the virus. Many said they have been threatened with dismissal or even prosecution for going public with their grievances.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 10:54 AM   #3390
Skybird
Soaring

Belgian carnage.

Sounds like the name of a special dish at a resaturant, but is the story of utmost incompetence in the Belgian self-proclaimed political elites. One of the the most incapable and irresponsible protagonists is now at top ranks in the EU.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1...elgium-carnage

Quote:
It all began in 2015, when the government of Prime Minister Charles Michel (today's European Council president) decided to destroy Belgium's entire "strategic stock" of 63 million protective face-masks, including the precious FFP2 type -- 1,200 pallets carefully stored and guarded by the army in the Belgrade Barracks, in Namur. Because they were stored in "bad conditions" said Minister of Health Maggie De Block, who is still on the job today. "That is not quite right," said the main union of the Belgian army, "... the main reason was lack of space. In 2015, the government decided that the Red Cross would use some of the buildings to receive refugees. Room had to be made..." In 2015, Belgium and Europe were overwhelmed by migrants at the invitation of German Chancellor Angela Merkel, and the laws of the EU and the European Convention on Human Rights made it effectively impossible to reject them.
The entire strategic stock was thus incinerated, and never replaced -- another decision of De Block, which, given the regularity of epidemics and pandemics, amounts to a crime. "To govern is to foresee", said Emile de Girardin.
So, when the coronavirus pandemic spread to Belgium, this unfortunate country had almost no masks -- zero for the citizens, zero for the police, zero for the nursing homes, and almost zero for the hospitals.
I cannot avoid to think in terms of justice here. Or, if you prefer, "karma".

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan