SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-17-13, 06:54 PM   #9616
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

You dont mind my download link to the modified menu text here ? or do you want me to remove it ?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...79&postcount=4
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 06:56 PM   #9617
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
You dont mind my download link to the modified menu text here ? or do you want me to remove it ?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...79&postcount=4
Quite fine I actually might link to it at post #1 so people can have a modified one for themselves already
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 07:00 PM   #9618
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Quite fine I actually might link to it at post #1 so people can have a modified one for themselves already
I will put it up on the download section of subsim . All mods should go in the download section of subsim as of now afaik .
Old 01-17-13, 07:00 PM   #9619
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Since we are at it, could you please add support to a couple (or more) of user defined charts?

I ask so because, a while back, sober asked me to prepare a map of the winds featured in DynEnv to be included in your UI. Moreover it would come handy for bringing in game any other useful resource (minefield maps, AOB nomograph, etc) without having to give up the maps and charts already featured in your mod.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 07:07 PM   #9620
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Since we are at it, could you please add support to a couple (or more) of user defined charts?

I ask so because, a while back, sober asked me to prepare a map of the winds featured in DynEnv to be included in your UI. Moreover it would come handy for bringing in game any other useful resource (minefield maps, AOB nomograph, etc) without having to give up the maps and charts already featured in your mod.
While we are at it , why not have the ability to bring up aadobe acrobat documents like the sun almanac and speed table and attack disc handbook and compass tutorial found in the documents folder of D:\SH5 NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith\Documentation
Old 01-17-13, 07:07 PM   #9621
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:

Send me the charts and let me know what they should be called and send a graphic you want the user to click on for it and I'll add them If you would like them placed in a particular station (attack scope, radio, hydrophone, etc.) let me know that also.
Old 01-17-13, 07:10 PM   #9622
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Send me the charts and let me know what they should be called and send a graphic you want the user to click on for it and I'll add them If you would like them placed in a particular station (attack scope, radio, hydrophone, etc.) let me know that also.
Okay, I will do.

Anyway I was thinking about a more generic implementation of my idea. Something that could have been used by anyone wanting to add a new chart in game.
Old 01-17-13, 07:11 PM   #9623
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
While we are at it , why not have the ability to bring up aadobe acrobat documents like the sun almanac and speed table and attack disc handbook and compass tutorial found in the documents folder of D:\SH5 NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith\Documentation
That is possible to do if you are not in full screen mode. If it weren't for the fact that the game can use fullscreen mode I would implement a LOT of cool things! The problem with fullscreen mode is the game takes control of the screen. Everything drawn to the screen (the backbuffer technically) has to be done by the game. Adobe will not 'show' on screen in fullscreen mode because it doesn't have the reference to the screen (backbuffer) that the game is using. It's more complicated than that but that's layman's terms.
Old 01-17-13, 07:15 PM   #9624
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Anyway I was thinking about a more generic implementation of my idea. Something that could have been used by anyone wanting to add a new chart in game.
Generic means...I like it. Let's brainstorm and talk out loud...

I could add a folder called Maps. One would place the map they wanted to add into this folder. In this folder I could have a maps.cfg file that detailed how to use this map in the game. This cfg file could specify what station the map should be at, where it should be located (onscreen position), what graphic to use, etc...

Doable but would take some time to implement
Old 01-17-13, 07:37 PM   #9625
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Generic means...I like it. Let's brainstorm and talk out loud...

I could add a folder called Maps. One would place the map they wanted to add into this folder. In this folder I could have a maps.cfg file that detailed how to use this map in the game. This cfg file could specify what station the map should be at, where it should be located (onscreen position), what graphic to use, etc...

Doable but would take some time to implement
This is exactly what I had in mind.

Even better if each map had its own ini file, so to avoid the need for compatibility patches among different custom chart mods. When started, your UI would look into the maps folder for any ini file (the format could be: custom_chart_*.ini or so). Each ini file would contain all the info you have listed, and possibly the reference to an icon denoting its respective chart.

In order to acces the custom maps in game, we would have to press a dedicated button, which would open a menu displaying the icons (with tooltips) of all the available charts. One more click on the desired icon, and its respective chart would be rendered on screen.

Worth being put in your todo list imo
Old 01-17-13, 07:42 PM   #9626
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Even better if each map had its own ini file, so to avoid the need for compatibility patches among different custom chart mods. When started, your UI would look into the map folder for any ini file (the format could be: custom_chart_*.ini or so). Each ini file would contain all the info you have listed, and possibly the reference to an icon denoting its respective chart.

In order to acces the custom maps in game, we would have to press a dedicated button, which would open a menu displaying the icons (with tooltips) of all the available charts. One more click on the desired icon, and its respective chart would be rendered on screen.
That's even better and easier than what I was thinking
Old 01-17-13, 07:47 PM   #9627
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
That's even better and easier than what I was thinking
Old 01-17-13, 08:32 PM   #9628
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

I'll start playing with this generic map idea this weekend. First have to finish coding the ability to move individual subsets of a mesh for the GR2 Editor/Viewer

Can you send me an icon to use for these generic maps in game? This will be the icon the user will click to get to all the maps found in the Maps folder. Where should this icon reside in game? If you have some icons and maps for the Maps folder send them my way
Old 01-17-13, 09:17 PM   #9629
Navuhodonosor
Engineer

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Remove all MODS except for my UIs mod and see if you can get the problem to appear again. This will ensure it's not a mod conflict problem.
Did as requested. Problem was either the winrar lousy extracted your mod from archive or JSGME did something because i noticed another wierd thing. that is the "dock" icon overlapping the upper right icons.
So I completely deleted the mod (including my options file to be sure it is not messed up ) and extracted mod with 7zip and voilaa, works PERFECTLY!
Thank you for great mod!!
Old 01-17-13, 11:22 PM   #9630
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echolot View Post
Hello TDW.

Please, can you fix the link to the modified sensors file for REM 1.2? MegaUpload is no longer available.

Thank you.

Regards.

Echolt.
Here is - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...9&postcount=39

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui