Closed Thread

Old 10-17-19, 02:00 PM   #11371
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Our geliebte Führerin Angela Merkel already has somewhat collided with Junckers and seems wanting to torpedoe the calculation. Her wording in her comment indicates that she wants another extension allowed by the EU if the parliament in London "does not freely decide" in favour of the deal.

The Germans at it again. Once it was total war. Now it is total moral. Nicht zum Aushalten. Please, other EU nations: stop Merkel.
Quote:
All EU nations heads of states have agreed to the deal.

However, once again they refused to say that they will not agree to an extension once parliament has rejected the deal on saturday (which seems to be a certainty). Instead of finalising things, they already seem to kindle again, or what?!
Mixed messages indeed. I'll study the political channel on tv tonight very carefully.

Juncker v Merkel

Where is Macron and what will be his choice on the matter?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 10-17-19, 02:29 PM   #11372
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Mixed messages indeed. I'll study the political channel on tv tonight very carefully.

Juncker v Merkel

Where is Macron and what will be his choice on the matter?
Macronman has snapped and currently does not fly. The French candidate that Uschi has chosen as an EU commissioner has not gotten EU parliament approval, together with two other of her suggestions. Thats the reason why her inauguration has been delayed by one month to Decembre 1st an d Juncker will run business until then. The French also are at odds with especially the Germans again over the North Mazedonia and Albania. Merkelland wants them in, Macronland not.
Old 10-17-19, 02:39 PM   #11373
Skybird
Soaring

Having listend to and read some more comments over the day, I think Johnson most likely has "won". Brexit will be done any way, and most likely under a PM Johnson, without or with new elections, with his deal or without a deal, on Octobre 31st or a short time later. The battle may rumble on some more time, but its more stage thunder than real battle noise now. The war, so it looks to me, is decided. The mad dog actually has made it.
Old 10-17-19, 03:48 PM   #11374
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

A question popped-up after seeing and hearing all the Brexit news during the day.

On several occasion it was told

In case of a setback in the Parliament on Saturday, Mr. Johnson shall, due to a law in the Parliament, voted by a majority before the shutdown of the Parliament, ask EU for an extension.

Second there will not be any extension, so say most of the EU-Leaders.

All this together gave this question:

How big is the chance the English Parliament will vote for a second referendum ?

Markus
Old 10-18-19, 04:07 AM   #11375
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Having listend to and read some more comments over the day, I think Johnson most likely has "won". Brexit will be done any way, and most likely under a PM Johnson, without or with new elections, with his deal or without a deal, on Octobre 31st or a short time later. The battle may rumble on some more time, but its more stage thunder than real battle noise now. The war, so it looks to me, is decided. The mad dog actually has made it.
The Saturday (tomorrow) session in Parliament will be key to everything.

This is only the fourth time Parliament will sit on a Saturday, the previous three being because of WWII, Suez Crisis and the Falklands War.

It is now time for those overpaid politicians to pee or get off the pot and seeing as every vote is made public they are rightly under intense public scrutiny.

I wouldn't like to predict which way the vote will go but one thing is for sure, each MP will be held accountable at a not too distant general election by their constituents.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 10-18-19, 05:42 AM   #11376
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
A question popped-up after seeing and hearing all the Brexit news during the day.

On several occasion it was told

In case of a setback in the Parliament on Saturday, Mr. Johnson shall, due to a law in the Parliament, voted by a majority before the shutdown of the Parliament, ask EU for an extension.

Second there will not be any extension, so say most of the EU-Leaders.

All this together gave this question:

How big is the chance the English Parliament will vote for a second referendum ?

Markus
I read today that originally the Liberal Party wanted to combine the voting on the deal tomorrow with a second voting on a second referendum. They seem to have abandoned thzat idea now, at leats for tomorrow, because they had mounting doubts they would get the needed support from Labour.They now want a vote for another referendum next week.

There is a group in house that is determined to steal the referendum and to torpedo just any Brexit deal no matter what it says, just because it means "Brexit". They want to enforce that brexit gets cancelled. Its this type of tyrannic characters that only accept majority votes if they get the result they want. Unfortunately this type of politicians are on the verge of taking over politics and political culture completley, everywhere in the West. The enforcing of the Lisbon treaty is a good example again.
Old 10-18-19, 06:47 AM   #11377
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Crunching the numbers on key Brexit vote.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-pol...ey-brexit-vote

Jimbuna is online  
Old 10-18-19, 08:48 AM   #11378
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Icon12

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 10-18-19, 09:03 AM   #11379
Skybird
Soaring

Question is whether Johnson really wants a win tmorrow. I am still not fully convinced that maybe he has not always planned to go for it all by aiming for a majority in early elections and then doing a no dela Brexit later on.

Deception of own moves is key in chess. Andin war.
Old 10-18-19, 09:55 AM   #11380
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Remember when I asked what the price of Fish and Chips was in England last year?

I wonder what it is now and if it has gone up ... about $5.95 I think it was.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 10-18-19, 11:05 AM   #11381
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Question is whether Johnson really wants a win tmorrow. I am still not fully convinced that maybe he has not always planned to go for it all by aiming for a majority in early elections and then doing a no dela Brexit later on.

Deception of own moves is key in chess. Andin war.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 10-18-19, 11:37 AM   #11382
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Remember when I asked what the price of Fish and Chips was in England last year?

I wonder what it is now and if it has gone up ... about $5.95 I think it was.
No idea, my local one burnt down!

There is another one but its a bit of a walk and time I get back the fish would be cold...YUK!

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 10-18-19, 11:50 AM   #11383
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The latest gambit by the alliance of MPs around Sir Oliver Letwin looks like a real problem for the government whips, as they prepare for Saturday's critical vote on the new-look Brexit deal.

The amendment would withhold approval of the deal, until the legislation to enact it was safely passed - a move that would automatically trigger the "Benn Act" and force the prime minister to request a further postponement of Brexit until 31 January.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi...ments-50098128
Another of the traitors, his constituents voted to leave

Jimbuna is online  
Old 10-18-19, 12:28 PM   #11384
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Scotland's highest civil court has dismissed a legal bid to stop the UK government from passing its proposed EU withdrawal agreement.

Anti-Brexit campaigners argued the deal contravened legislation preventing Northern Ireland from forming part of a separate customs territory.

The UK government said the court should not stop the matter coming before Parliament.

After a hearing in Edinburgh Lord Pentland turned down the petition.

He ruled: "I conclude that the petitioner's applications for interim orders are misconceived and unjustified."

Jo Maugham QC, who lodged the petition at the Outer House of the Court of Session in Edinburgh, tweeted: "As I said yesterday morning, we had to make a decision to issue proceedings for interim remedies quickly or not at all; once the withdrawal agreement reaches Parliament it becomes impossible to challenge.

"That was a difficult decision to make. It is difficult to move quickly and accurately and, the court has found, I got that decision wrong.

"We will review the decision carefully but my instinct is that we are unlikely to proceed to a full hearing for reasons indicated above."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-50088993
The court had very little choice, the alternative being close down Parliament and allow judges to run the country.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 10-18-19, 03:01 PM   #11385
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I can't foresee what's going to happen in the next couple og weeks or month.

I expect the English Parliament will vote against this new or should I say a remastered version of May's deal.

But what's happen thereafter......I can't foresee.

Chaos is perhaps a part of it.

Markus
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics