SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-25-21, 07:53 AM   #9286
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 09:31 AM   #9287
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A further 700,000 people could die of Covid by March in Europe and parts of Asia, the World Health Organization has warned.

The death toll already exceeds 1.5 million in the 53 countries of what the WHO terms as its Europe region.

The WHO warned of "high or extreme stress" in intensive care units in 49 of the nations by March 2022.

Europe is facing a surge in cases, prompting Austria to return to lockdown and others to consider fresh measures.

A number of countries - including France, Germany and Greece - could also soon make booster jabs a requirement for their citizens to be considered fully vaccinated.

But several countries have seen fierce protests against new measures. The Netherlands saw several nights of rioting over a partial lockdown.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59397182

Old 11-25-21, 11:07 AM   #9288
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

New seriously concerning and way more infectous variant showing up in SouthAfrica and Botswana. Scientist said it has a "horrifying spike profile" with vary many mutations that may enable it to avoid the body's defences.

German media today quote South african health minister who has risen the number of infected mentioned by the Guardian to 100 in South africa, and the virus now being shown to exist in Botswana as well. It already spreads. German scientists get referred to with having said the variant definitely were way more infectous than Delta.

So there seems to be some contradicting assessments around currently, but I know what is expected from me and so I do fear the worst.

If true, lots of fun ahead.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...r-of-mutations
Old 11-25-21, 11:14 AM   #9289
Skybird
Soaring

German deaths from Covid exceed 100,000 in official numbers.

Dark figures are much higher. The RKI recently admitted that their official numbers lkag ebhidn and probbaly only reflect one half or even just one third of the real numbers. thats

Add to that the deaths of patients who had to die due to the capacities in hospitals blocked by Corona so that they did not get the surgery or treatment that their situation commanded.
Old 11-25-21, 11:22 AM   #9290
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Guess it was obvious that sooner or later some Corona mutation in which our vaccine has little or none effect would appear.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 01:15 PM   #9291
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
New seriously concerning and way more infectous variant showing up in SouthAfrica and Botswana. Scientist said it has a "horrifying spike profile" with vary many mutations that may enable it to avoid the body's defences.

German media today quote South african health minister who has risen the number of infected mentioned by the Guardian to 100 in South africa, and the virus now being shown to exist in Botswana as well. It already spreads. German scientists get referred to with having said the variant definitely were way more infectous than Delta.

So there seems to be some contradicting assessments around currently, but I know what is expected from me and so I do fear the worst.

If true, lots of fun ahead.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...r-of-mutations
That's potentially quite worrying.

Old 11-26-21, 05:56 AM   #9292
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The UK imposes travel restrictions on six African countries over a new highly mutated Covid variant that vaccines may be less effective against.

A top health official calls it "the most significant variant" to date but no cases have yet been confirmed in the UK

"It is bad news but it's not doomsday," an Oxford scientist tells the BBC

Countries including Germany, Italy, Israel and Singapore have also restricted travel.

The agency leading Africa's response to Covid says travel bans are unlikely to reduce the spread of the new variant.

The World Health Organization will hold a special meeting later to discuss the variant.

Old 11-26-21, 05:58 AM   #9293
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-26-21, 06:40 AM   #9294
Skybird
Soaring

It seems my worries did not come one day too soon. The new variant now apparently spreads across almost a dozen African countries already. Scientists work overhours to assess whether or not existing vaccines offer any form of protection still. I have not read anything on mortality rates so far, too.

A variant to end the rule of vaccines was to be expected, however. I just would have hoped it would not arrive this early. Well, hope is no strategy.

And some dasys ago somebody pointe dout in soem emdia that Africa doe snto see the overwhelming killing event that was predicted due to lacking vcaccines. I am not rewalyl aware of how the situation is in Africa, but one thing of coruse gets my attention: the sun. In Egypt, india, Mexico, there also is penty of sunshine, but people there mostly acitvely avoid it, have to work in closed factoy halls and offices all sunny da ylong, or by culture avoid expsoung themsleves to the sun. In Africa, this is not so this much, and many people indeed spend all day long exposed ot the sun. You kinow what i am after: yes, vitamine D. US-citizens of African decendance were hit hard va Covid-19 in the US, and many people memdoately followe dthe common ideological trail: the disadvantegd social class. But African Blacks are sociallky disadvanategd, comaored ot the lfie int eh firts world, too, and their skin is as black as that of their US cousins. The only two things that is different is that Blacks in the US do not spend all day long in the sunlight, and that they tend to have a whole rattial of comobvidiets: fatnes,s diabetes, extremely unhealthy eating: inflammatory fatty acids amass, plenty of fructose and glucose, plenty of carbohydrates in general.

You know what comes now: people, take your vitamine D pills. And make it a generouse dose. And K2 and Magnesium, of course, the trio always should come together like the three musketeers.

Last edited by Skybird; 11-26-21 at 06:52 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 09:24 AM   #9295
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
You know what comes now: people, take your vitamine D pills. And make it a generouse dose. And K2 and Magnesium, of course, the trio always should come together like the three musketeers.

Stop giving medical advice. You are not a doctor.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 09:29 AM   #9296
Skybird
Soaring

It's here. The new African variant has been found in Belgium.

Hongkong has it already, too. In a quarantine hotel.

And btw, I just red something that made me wondering why they still vaccinate with a vaccine against the original Wuhan strain, and have not adapted the vaccine against Delta, which would have been possible meanwhile.
Old 11-26-21, 10:43 AM   #9297
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Big whoop, heck we’re still dealing with cases of Spanish Flu variants.

Contrary to popular believe a vaccine cannot prevent infection, it cannot prevent the spread of infection and it cannot eradicate a virus.

A vaccine benefits only the recipient and even that depends on his or her health and age.

Life is filled with risk time to move on.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 11:01 AM   #9298
Skybird
Soaring

Bullsh!t.
Old 11-26-21, 12:43 PM   #9299
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Bullsh!t.
They do if they eat regularly.

Last edited by MaDef; 11-26-21 at 12:44 PM. Reason: spelling
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 12:47 PM   #9300
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Maybe not the right thought.

Authorities having problem getting the last 20-40 % of the population vaccinated...and Voilá a strong mutated Corona variant appear.

Now people rush to get the vaccine, which may not have an effect on this new mutated variant.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan