SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Jutland
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-07-09, 12:06 PM   #1
Bullethead
Storm Eagle Studios

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default US Ship Pack 1

Thought you all might like to know that in the near future we'll be releasing an optional package that will contain a bunch of US ships. These can be used to create user-made scenarios. And like all ships in the game, you'll be able to use them on either the Brit or German side if desired.
Bullethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 01:32 PM   #2
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Good, I can finally make some War Plan Red scenarios

Say, is there any chance that the scenario editor's timeframe would be increased beyond 1917? It seems a rather annoying limitation
Old 04-22-09, 03:40 PM   #3
cj95
Lieutenant

Downloads: 141

US SHIPS???? REALLY???

SQUEEE!!!!!

(how soon is the 'near future')
cj95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-09, 04:10 PM   #4
Bullethead
Storm Eagle Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
Say, is there any chance that the scenario editor's timeframe would be increased beyond 1917? It seems a rather annoying limitation
Probably fairly soon.
Old 04-27-09, 10:41 PM   #5
rubberboot
Swabbie

I'm glad to see that you are adding the US fleet, but is it in the cards to add the other navies as well (ie. Austrian, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Brazil, etc)? I noticed that some of the french navy is included, but no battleships. These are great for what if type encounters - for example, if France and Great Britain didn't set aside there differences, or the US were not as upset with Germany trying to get Mexico to invade or Lusitania wasen't sunk.
rubberboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-09, 07:06 PM   #6
Bullethead
Storm Eagle Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberboot View Post
I'm glad to see that you are adding the US fleet, but is it in the cards to add the other navies as well (ie. Austrian, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Brazil, etc)?

We'd like to make every ship ever built, and in fact several time-specific versions of each. But it all depends on the money situation. Essentially, the more stuff we sell, the more stuff we'll be able to make.
Old 04-28-09, 07:18 PM   #7
CaptHawkeye
Weps

Downloads: 1

What ships are candidates for the pack? I'm personally hoping to see Texas, Delaware, and Nevada if possible.

Hell even Pennsylvania and later Standards for a good "what if".
CaptHawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-09, 07:28 PM   #8
rubberboot
Swabbie

I guess its not just a matter of re-rendering (?) some of the existing ships...so sell more, damn it!

Glenn
Old 04-29-09, 11:58 AM   #9
Bullethead
Storm Eagle Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHawkeye View Post
What ships are candidates for the pack?
I can't say yet, but I'd expect there to be some ships that deployed to the North Sea theater in WW1.
Old 05-05-09, 06:27 AM   #10
turnerg
Bosun

Downloads: 37

That will be Texas for sure... Y'all oughta go visit her, take the modelers/skinners along. If you talk to the maintenance guys, I bet you could get an inside tour of her (we did back in 2004). Got to see the armored conn, go up into the forward tower (to the top!) and all the way below decks, tot he bottom of the hull. She is the last of the dreadnoughts after all....
Old 05-05-09, 08:04 AM   #11
Bullethead
Storm Eagle Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerg View Post
That will be Texas for sure... Y'all oughta go visit her,
I've been aboard many times--I used to live in Houston . I've been worried about her lately, though--how'd she come through Ike?

Near where I live is a Fletcher-class DD that I helped restore back in the day. As a result, they still let me poke around the spaces generally not open to the public. Maybe we could do a quid pro quo? I'd love to see those reciprocating engines, but have never been allowed down there in Texas.
Old 05-10-09, 09:35 AM   #12
cj95
Lieutenant

Downloads: 141

I am currently volunteering as one of those aforementioned 'maitenance guys' on the Texas

I split my time between docent duties (tour guide) and restoration.

The ship itself came through Hurricane Ike with no problems....basically got a good powerwashing thats all.

The visitor center and gift shop were flooded out, but as of yesterday we're just about ready to open our new ones in temporary buildings pending a new permanent center.

Our current big projects is a complete revamping of the Engine room, and I can tell you so far its going to be awesome when we'e done.

The Starboard Engine room is fairly well along, but the Port side needs some work.

We're also doing a reshuffle of some of the on-board offices so that we can get our file cabinents and such out of the Admirals quarters and open it up to the public.

If you are ever in the area during the cooler months (Oct-April) try and get on one of the Hard Hat tours...We can take you down into all the 'cool' off-limits areas that the general public does not get to see. (Boiler rooms, aft steering, Central Control ((sorta an Aux Con) and my personal favorite: Ammunition handling.

Unfortunately the summer months are too hot so we just did our last Hard Hat Tour yesterday. Next one is in October, and hopefully we'll work hard all summer to have more areas open by then as well.

(Of course all this is why Im absolutely stoked to get to see the TEXAS...in game!)
For someone who spends alot of time scraping rust off the real thing, it'll be great to see her in her prime.

(Probably have a heart attack if I get her sunk however)

-USS TEXAS Restortion Crewmember
cj95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 09:41 PM   #13
rubberboot
Swabbie

I noticed that some of the US ships are there now...Florida class, Delaware Class. When I try to select them, it says I need to pay for additional licence. when you go to do that, SES site doesn't seam to have anywhere to accomplish this task...am I missing something?

Thanx
Glenn
Old 05-13-09, 12:23 PM   #14
Bullethead
Storm Eagle Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberboot View Post
I noticed that some of the US ships are there now...Florida class, Delaware Class. When I try to select them, it says I need to pay for additional licence. when you go to do that, SES site doesn't seam to have anywhere to accomplish this task...am I missing something?
Here's the deal.....

The US Ship Pack 1 hasn't been released yet, so it's not available on our site for purchase yet.

The reason you can now see a very small number of US ships on the list in the scenario editor is for advertising purposes. We want people to see some of what they're getting before they buy, which means that all Jutland customers will be able to see a few US ships.

The real advertisement will be a small, non-combat scenario that everybody will get in a Jutland update about the time the US Ship Pack 1 is released. Even those who haven't bought the pack will be able to run this scenario and look at the ships in the game, read their ship info screens, etc., but the ships are just anchored in Scapa with nothing to do. This scenario will have 1 of each type of US ship in the pack, and their info screens will say how many are in each class. But to actually use the ships, you'll have to buy the pack.