SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-03-10, 08:45 AM   #196
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Reaper, in theory is not a big deal. There is nothing else to do than disable or hide all the stock UI elements except the chatbox and maybe, add a little fuelbar. That's it, nothing more. No funky features, no automation, no nothing. Only on map screen leave the UI as it is. So, all station look the same except the map view where we need to have the day/night icon, tools and so on. In rest, only the chat icon.

This is intended to be used with skwasjer awesome voice recon mod, where we dont need a UI at all. I'm very upset that I can't make it myself, but I just cannot figure out how to mod the UI. This mod is for few of use who love the sim part in SH5 and there the UI need to be only a window to the sim, not a part of it.

Thank you for your kind attention and sorry for this offtopic.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 10:55 AM   #197
PL_Cmd_Jacek
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 207
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Hi PL_Cmd_Jacek, Have a slution sorted.Hopefully I'll get a patch uploaded tomorrow.
Great !!! Waiting for a patch
Old 09-03-10, 02:42 PM   #198
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
Reaper, in theory is not a big deal. There is nothing else to do than disable or hide all the stock UI elements except the chatbox and maybe, add a little fuelbar. That's it, nothing more. No funky features, no automation, no nothing. Only on map screen leave the UI as it is. So, all station look the same except the map view where we need to have the day/night icon, tools and so on. In rest, only the chat icon.

This is intended to be used with skwasjer awesome voice recon mod, where we dont need a UI at all. I'm very upset that I can't make it myself, but I just cannot figure out how to mod the UI. This mod is for few of use who love the sim part in SH5 and there the UI need to be only a window to the sim, not a part of it.

Thank you for your kind attention and sorry for this offtopic.
That would be no problem then. Will try to get this done next week some time.
Do you want the stock TDC Dials (Like what TDW uses in his mod) available on the map as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PL_Cmd_Jacek View Post
Great !!! Waiting for a patch

Ok patch uploaded. (Hope this works ok)

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2788
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 03:19 PM   #199
PL_Cmd_Jacek
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Ok patch uploaded. (Hope this works ok)

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2788
It works perfect. Thank you very much. Now I can play with the mod on multi.
Old 09-03-10, 04:03 PM   #200
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
It works perfect. Thank you very much. Now I can play with the mod on multi.
Thats great. Hope the button isn't to small. Made it discrete due to being visible in single player mode also.
Old 09-03-10, 04:21 PM   #201
PL_Cmd_Jacek
Machinist's Mate

The button is ok. .

I have other question. I see that your mod change something in "Uboot_sensors.sim" file. The same file is change by IRAI_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith too.

What did you changed ? Should your mod be activated first or second ?
Old 09-03-10, 06:28 PM   #202
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
The button is ok. .

I have other question. I see that your mod change something in "Uboot_sensors.sim" file. The same file is change by IRAI_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith too.

What did you changed ? Should your mod be activated first or second ?
They both changed the obs periscope height to relastic height levels.
I'd install mine first as TDW probably has chanded something else in that file, so best to keep his one active.
Old 09-04-10, 10:31 AM   #203
rob zombie
Seaman

Downloads: 154

Reaper7 nvm the charts theres a tool at observation scope for that but anyway thx for repying my post
rob zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-10, 11:29 AM   #204
supposedtobeworking
XO

Downloads: 59

can someone post a basic guide/list/how to on using the aob tool in the middle of the periscope? I've used it before in GWX for SH3 but I remember there being some slight variations on how to calculate solutions between different versions of the same tool. The one I used was in GWX OLC Gold GUI, but I'm not sure if the one in this mod works the same.
supposedtobeworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-10, 11:44 AM   #205
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by supposedtobeworking View Post
can someone post a basic guide/list/how to on using the aob tool in the middle of the periscope? I've used it before in GWX for SH3 but I remember there being some slight variations on how to calculate solutions between different versions of the same tool. The one I used was in GWX OLC Gold GUI, but I'm not sure if the one in this mod works the same.

As it stands the RAOBF tool will not work in SH5, this is due to the Devs not supplying the correct info for the ship Models. So if the info that is supplied in rec man or from cfg's is used then the results from the RAOBF will be incorrect.

I shall be starting a new Mod this week to reskin the stock Models and to correct the info for Models ingame so that the Rec Man info will be correct.
that in turn will then fiox the RAOBF issue.
I can then release info on the use of the RAOBF in my Mod.
Old 09-04-10, 02:57 PM   #206
nodlew
Engineer

Downloads: 572
Default HEY FOLKS.

Hey Reaper. Sorry I've been incommunicado. I just got really fed up with Silent Hunter and all things Silent Hunter and needed a break. So I've been playing Men of War. Now I'm sick of that and ready to sink ships again. Turns out it was a smart move on my part. I find your patch already uploaded. I've installed it and it fixes the last major problem I had which was the Tri-Ring Compass. Now that I can use the thing, I love it. A very handy little gadget. Makes giving course orders very organic and simple without having to add/subtract and multiply in order to know where to turn. I still like my bearing plotter for the drawing on the nav map though. And you are still welcome to it if you want it, although I'm sure alot of people wouldn't like it. The one I have now at least looks (to me) very nice.

I have made an RAOBFMarkings.dds for my personal use which is as close as the limitations of Paint.Net and the mysteries of SH5 will allow me to come to getting accurate readings with the RAOBF. Pictures follow. I would like to have made the lines slimmer, but it was impossible to make the marks work out that way. So I had to thicken them to three pixels. The important thing is, it works. I very rarely use the stadimeter anymore for range because it resets the AOB and speed in the TDC and the RAOBF is giving (apparently) very accurate AOB calculations. Using my markings dds exclusively I now can use the RAOBF confidently at ranges up to (over?) 3 km which is a long shot in this game at targets moving at whatever speed or aspect should arise. I am now enjoying SH5 again.

Here's the Hog Island again at 1200 m. 10 marks to a side x 4 = 40 is 90.

Mast height works out.

Next, Large Steamer at around 2km.

Mast height gives good range.

Horizontal marks too close to bicker with. Close enough to kill the ship, that's all I care about.

This works with your Cameras file at 1440 X 900. I need to put the rest of the numbers on the left side.

It should work for anyone using the same cameras.dat and at the same aspect ratio, but at this point I hesitate to say so. What works for others has failed to work for me so far.

Anyway. If you'd like it even just to try it and see if it works, you are welcome to it. PM me if so.

The mod works for me now without any game-breaking problems but I have a little bug report prepared for you in case you mean to perfect it more. If I repeat anything anyone has already mentioned, I apologize.

There is still an occasional problem with the icons for the left and right TDC panels disappearing at the Attack Periscope position (don't know about the OBS periscope, hardly use it). Opening the Nav map and closing it restores them.

The Tac map has a tendency to stop working. A button I don't know about? edit: clicking the "Hide" button to hide the bottom interface panel and then clicking to bring it back makes the Tac map functional.

The Navigator has a tendency to stop providing me with Depth Under Keel, and always when I desperately need to know the depth under my keel. He will still give me any other information I ask for--range to course end, etc.

This next is not a bug, but a suggestion. Weren't there coordinates for Long and Lat on the Nav map originally? Did you remove them? If so, why not put them back? They can come in handy for locating ship and convoy sightings when playing at full realism.

That's about it. Love the mod. Wish I knew how to use that cool, mysterious new wheel at the Obs Periscope. Tutorial to follow?

Ah, yes. The blinking light on the Stadimeter Send Button is a very nice touch.

Last edited by nodlew; 09-05-10 at 12:54 AM.
nodlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-10, 10:21 PM   #207
supposedtobeworking
XO

Hey, personallly I would like to have that tweak so I can use that tool in the periscope - at least somewhat. I have a 16:9 aspect ratio, which I think is close enough probably for now. Possible to upload your files?
Old 09-05-10, 12:30 AM   #208
nodlew
Engineer

Downloads: 572

Sure thing, Supposed...forgot I had a free Mediafire account.

Link is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?a45l8r5z325iv4e

Above deleted. Latest version: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?77fyghcppcccqe6

There's a little install txt along with a slightly improved version. Don't know how much your slightly different aspect ratio will throw it off. If it's unusable, download Paint.Net for free, use my dds for a template/example and make one that works just right. I used editor and placed different ships at specific ranges and tweaked the the file by trial and error.

Last edited by nodlew; 09-11-10 at 07:32 PM.
nodlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 01:59 AM   #209
supposedtobeworking
XO

thanks-will give it a try.
Old 09-05-10, 12:08 PM   #210
reaper7
sim2reality

Been working on redoing the Redlight mode.
Redlight mode is no longer activated by game time which does not correspond to light levels from diff time zones.

I've implemented a new button, that will switch the Night mode on/off.

Redlight Off

Redlight On