SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-23-12, 06:20 PM   #6451
Stubudd
Watch

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
You can use GWX with the Steam version, but the GWX installer will look for the game folder in the default location - where it would be if you had installed the game from a game disk. You will need to point the installer to the game folder inside your Steam folder instead.
Thank you for the post. I managed to figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
Enjoy the GWXperience
It's incredible. It looks like a tremendous amount of work. It's the game they should have made.

Unfortunately i just can't get it to be stable- it crashes pretty often. It seems like it's usually when approaching a port- maybe my machine just can't handle it, i don't know. I also had a crash and then a corrupted save that wouldn't load. It's a shame, it's so much better than the original game. It doesn't sound like this is typical so i guess it's my machine- 3 gigs ram, whatever the stock video card is. I dont' know.
Stubudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-12, 05:28 AM   #6452
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Try enabling Lite Harbor Traffic via JSGME and if that works it will probably be your video card...worth a go anyway because you've 3GB and I used to run it on 2GB.

Ensure you don't have merged campaign enabled.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-12, 10:14 PM   #6453
Stubudd
Watch

Downloads: 9

I'll try it. I made it through a few hours just by being careful not to be past 32x speed when i'm near loading a harbor- being at 128 or 256 approaching where it's going to have to load a harbor is a sure crash and burn. Only had one crash in open water- that was where the save ended up being lost. I know i can look in the manual but since you're here, what is english nav map mod? I saw a map somebody had somewhere on here that had convoy routes and all outlined on the map- i guess that's not it? I didn't notice anything with english nav map as the only activated mod.

By the way that manual alone looks like it must have taken weeks of work to put together.

thanks for the help
Stubudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-12, 10:41 PM   #6454
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubudd View Post
I know i can look in the manual but since you're here, what is english nav map mod?
It's early in wee hours where Jim is, so I'll step in if I may. The English Nav Map mod is simply the Navigation Map with the writing in English rather than German.

Quote:
I saw a map somebody had somewhere on here that had convoy routes and all outlined on the map- i guess that's not it? I didn't notice anything with english nav map as the only activated mod.
The map with the convoy routes appears in your SH3 game folder as a picture file. I think it's also one of the pull-downs in the upper left corner of the main (F5) Nav Map station in GWX, but I don't remember and I can't check right now.
Old 10-24-12, 11:05 PM   #6455
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
It's early in wee hours where Jim is, so I'll step in if I may. The English Nav Map mod is simply the Navigation Map with the writing in English rather than German.

The map with the convoy routes appears in your SH3 game folder as a picture file. I think it's also one of the pull-downs in the upper left corner of the main (F5) Nav Map station in GWX, but I don't remember and I can't check right now.

The convoy map is the furthest left pull-down map at the top left of the F5 Nav Map screen. It is also, as Sailor Steve mentioned, a picture file, called SH3_MAP.jpg and located in the "Documentation" folder of your installation.
Old 10-25-12, 09:32 AM   #6456
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Danke, Albrecht. My computer has been having problems, and I can't play any games at all for the time being.
Old 10-25-12, 12:57 PM   #6457
*Starwolf*
Watch

Downloads: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Starwolf* View Post
First of all, congratulations to the creators of the mod, very good job!

I want to ask you a pair of questions that made me think about my GWX installation:

1 - On the manual it is written that my career will start with 1500 renown points, but I started a new career recently and I have the classical 500 points.

2 - If I press F1 during the game, the info under the "Resupply" tab are blank, and so are "Flotilla News I" and "Flotilla News II". Also the tab "Enemies of Germany" includes more infos about some hotkeys of the game. Is it normal?
bump
Old 10-25-12, 02:14 PM   #6458
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Quote:
Welcome to SubSim Heathengel....just one small point if I may....

Fire damage actually erodes/erases damage points from the zon.file in GWX and adds to the rate of sinking. This was addressed in GWX2.1 and is down to the fine work of VonHershing (and I bet I've got the name/spelling wrong)
Yes,Helsing,....if I'm not mistaken and welcome to SubSim Heathengel!

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-12, 04:47 PM   #6459
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Most informative.

Old 10-26-12, 04:08 AM   #6460
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Quote:
Most informative.
Do not mention it.

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-12, 06:48 AM   #6461
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendor View Post
Do not mention it.

Old 10-26-12, 11:35 PM   #6462
RedMenace
Chief

Downloads: 5

Can anyone explain what the optional Late War Snorkel Antenna Sensors mod in JGSME does?

I read the GWX manual on it, but it only confused me, all I got out of it was that my sensors might somehow break if I do some specific things.
Old 10-28-12, 09:42 AM   #6463
ATLeow
Swabbie

Downloads: 26

Hey guys!

Been using the mod for about 3 weeks now (after finding a dusty copy of SH3 somewhere) and I'm loving it - fantastic work - but I do have a couple of problems.

First is that when playing a 30th Flotilla career, if I upgrade to a VIIB or VIIC boat my game CTDs at some point soon after the start of the patrol. Running through with slower time compression helps but doesn't fix.
I have a similar issue with the 10th Flotilla monsoon group missions, except that I get CTDs with no changes whatsoever; not immediately at mission load - everything loads fine - but some time soon after the start of the patrol.
I also get instability with very large numbers of units, such as the Dunkirk evacuations - if I run through at more than say, 32x compression, my game tends to crash.

I'm running Windows 7 far in excess of the system requirements if it makes a difference.
Can anyone help? Or at least, does anyone have any of the same problems?
ATLeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-12, 10:25 AM   #6464
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLeow View Post
Hey guys!

Been using the mod for about 3 weeks now (after finding a dusty copy of SH3 somewhere) and I'm loving it - fantastic work - but I do have a couple of problems.

First is that when playing a 30th Flotilla career, if I upgrade to a VIIB or VIIC boat my game CTDs at some point soon after the start of the patrol. Running through with slower time compression helps but doesn't fix.
I have a similar issue with the 10th Flotilla monsoon group missions, except that I get CTDs with no changes whatsoever; not immediately at mission load - everything loads fine - but some time soon after the start of the patrol.
I also get instability with very large numbers of units, such as the Dunkirk evacuations - if I run through at more than say, 32x compression, my game tends to crash.

I'm running Windows 7 far in excess of the system requirements if it makes a difference.
Can anyone help? Or at least, does anyone have any of the same problems?

Hi mate, just a quick answer to your troubles as I haven't had all your problems. Dunkirk is and always has been a problem unfortunately. Last time I had any communication re Dunkirk was with privateer, he looked and founs several problems, however time/work prevented it getting any further. Sorry that's the best I can do mate.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-12, 07:34 AM   #6465
kpt.hamburger
Swabbie

Downloads: 5
any idea why i cant download gwx right now?? gamefront says that file was not found so any idea why?
kpt.hamburger is offline   Reply With Quote