SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-27-11, 09:21 PM   #1
REIS
Watch

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0
A game PATCH 1.3 Idea!

Hello my friends. I am trying to create a good mods soap that will work correctly. Every evening for 2 weeks i am learning information about different mods here and now i have a lot of questions.

THE MAIN question to the modders, why don't you just create a patch, not a mod but a patch that will FIX the game?

Now i'll try to explain. For example there is a great man here "TheDarkWraith" that creates a lot of fixes to the game, his great megamod MO have a lot of them, and now you don't need to merge this fixes together solving all problems and conflicts with files, just install the megamod! BUT there is a problem, he added to his mod many beta, sound and graphic mod stuff, that many others will not like to use. And i, personally, don't know how to delete it from this mod, because am not so pro in mods so, i think, this job must be done by creator, because the creator knew all the stuff he puts in his mod.

So i am asking you to create a mod that will bring to the game just the fix stuff, for example a list of some fixing mods here here:

- ddrgn: U-boat Historical Specifications 1.4
- TheDarkWraith: FX Update_0_0_11_ByTheDarkWraith
- TheDarkWraith & Arclight: FX_Update_0_0_11_BARF_1_3_Full_Fix (Better and Realistic Flotation)
- TheDarkWraith: FX_Update_0_0_11_UHS_Fix
- TheDarkWraith: IRAI_0_0_29_ByTheDarkWraith
TheDarkWraith: - IRAI_0_0_29_No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_s potting
- Oby: AirTorpedoes
- Vickers03: SUB_hyd_fix_SH5
- TheDarkWraith: Sub_Exhaust_1_0_5_byTheDarkWraith
- Athlonic: MCCD_1.04
- Athlonic: MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
- Athlonic: Torpedo_Speed_Abilitie_Fix_for_TDC_SH5_v120
- Venatore: Elite German Black & Copper Torpedo
- Cerberus62: Historical Ship Equipment 1_3
- KarlKoch: Speech fixes and additions (english version)
- Cerberus62: Additional Merchant Ships 1.1

You can see here a historical specs - realism, noone can tell you that game with this mod became bad, better AI - i think is a patch cos it adds and fixes an AI, bonus merchant ships - addon, the FX addon and others, you may add the things that i missed. I didn't add here conus mod or main menu no intro cos maybe someone don't want to see swastika or see a black screen instead of main theme.

The main idea is to create a patch, you may call it 1.3 unofficial, that will bring to game only fixing and adding stuff, the fixes and realism only, nothing more. An the main thing that it must to be the final versions without bugs at all, so everybody will like it. For example, with mighty crew mod: when you are in docks your crew watchmens with binoculars are watching all around, but where are they watching? - there is a dock walls around them, so this is a little example dor a bug.. When it will be done, any noob searching for mods to fix the things like hydrophone or missing sounds, just will download and install this patch, and will not loose his time for questions and you wont loose your time for answers! Sorry for my bad english, i hope you'll understand me.

2 question) i saw Cerberus62 Additional Merchant Ships 1.1 and Imported Ship Pack V1.1, what is the difference?? I added them both with gsme and there is a conflict with only 2 files, maybe we can merge them together?
3 question) i still didn't found a simple mod that ads 3 dials like sh 3 to the game, there is a great mod called Conus graphic mod, i found there a file called dials.dds, but as i see he had disabled dials in the last version of his mod.

Best regars, REIS

Last edited by REIS; 06-27-11 at 10:02 PM.
REIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-11, 03:49 PM   #2
parazaine
Seaman

Downloads: 212

You can fairly easily add all the 'fix' mods individually using the jonesoft generic mod enabler (see the stickies)

If thats all you want to do, to fix the 'bugs' in the game

I'm fairly new to this too and have found that I have spent a lot of time trying to optimise my mod loadout.

The community modders like Darkwraith, Sober, stoianm and others are to be applauded for their efforts but unfortunately all large collections of mods are probably going to include something that you don't like.....Darkwraith had a user config file that allows you to customise Magnum Opus (for example) and stoianm has done some excellent tutorials on how to do this.

The bottom line is, if a 'mega mod' contains stuff you dont want to use then you have to add the mods individually to get your 'perfect' set-up and this comes with it's own problems as they are not all compatible (not to mention that your own computer specs. and graphics card play a part)

One of the most useful threads in this forum is the one about different user mod lists http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173193 - you will gain a lot of info. on what works, what doesn't and some very useful links.
parazaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-11, 08:02 PM   #3
StarTrekMike
Navy Dude

Downloads: 137

I think what he is talking about is a one stop shop for the basics, while I love the extra mods, it would be nice to just have a "basic setup" that will get you all the stuff you need and a good base to add other mods.

I understand that this can be hard because mods tend to not like one another but it would go a long way for new players who just don't have the feel for the mods like the vets have.

Guess I am just saying that his idea is not bad and the modders should at least give it a couple of brain cycles. I always think of Star Trek Bridge commander, anyone who plays it knows that you install the huge mega mod first and then add in other mods to taste, that is a great boon because nobody needs to spend a great deal of time scouring the forums for answers when it comes to what one mod will do to another.

anyway, I hope I did not come off as preachy because I just think it is a wonderful idea.