Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-19-17, 12:12 PM   #1
BLACK_FLAME
Sailor man

Downloads: 80
Uploads: 0
Default Deleting old save files

After a 1 year break from SH5 I decided to do a fresh install of the game and of course mod the game with updated version of WOS 2.0 mod pack. I followed direction and was able to fire up the game and was off onto a new campaign on my U-Boat. After 3 hours into the game and several saves the game crashed and I said no big deal, I fired up my uplay and the game will not start and just crashes

I spent several hours trying to trouble shoot and I did some reading in the Subsim forum but still nothing. I decided to uninstall the game, JSGME, etc and start fresh again. Every time I reinstall the game it saves the old saved files which I boiled down to why my game crashes/doesn't start. I did some research and noticed that uplay cloud saves game saves so I disabled the cloud sync. I went into the documents>SH5>User files and deleted all SH5 files. I also deleted any files that I could find with any type of SH5 saves or files in my PC.

After looking through my PC (Which is only used for gaming so it has a minimal amount of game files) I decided to reinstall and of course I did the update for SH5. I noticed in the game menu that the I got a box that said "game is synchronizing data save"!

I opened up the load game menu from main menu and my old game save are still there that make the game crash

I really need some input and I apologize for the long post but SH5 is such a great game. Thank you in advance for any help.
BLACK_FLAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 12:38 PM   #2
skin-nl
KapitainLeutnant

Downloads: 244

You can delete the old save games in the load game menu
Old 04-19-17, 03:30 PM   #3
BLACK_FLAME
Sailor man

skin-nl Thank you for the response and i did try this but for some sort of reason the menu does not have the "delete" option. I will do a fresh install and try again.

Last edited by BLACK_FLAME; 04-19-17 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-19-17, 06:32 PM   #4
BLACK_FLAME
Sailor man

I finally got the game to delete the saved games, this is what I did. While the game was running in the menu area I opened the save file in the Documents\SH5\data\cfg\SaveGames and deleted them and refreshed the menu and all the files were gone. I decided to post because of an old forum post about the same issue. I figured I should post the fix in case anyone runs into the same issue.
Old 04-20-17, 04:07 AM   #5
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi BF
While your game saves are known as 'local' and are stored in your documents SH5 folder the saves you are referring to are the game saves that are 'synchronized' to the cloud.
These game saves can be seen in your Ubisoft saved games folder.
That is why when you do a re-istall these old saves pop up on the loading screen as they are re-installed by the cloud to your Ubisoft saved games folder.
If you go off line with Uplay then you are given the option to use the 'local' saves or the 'synchronized' ones.
This does not stop the synchronized game saves being made, they are just not used again unless you go back on line.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote