SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-15-13, 06:49 AM   #1
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

Default F1 2013

Classic Edition or just plain F1 2013? Can't quite decide. Haven't played a Codemasters driving game in a while but saw the ads for this on the weekend and am now contemplating betting back into it.

The classic 80's and 90's stuff appeals but is it enough for the extra $20 odd it costs? Your thoughts?
TarJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-13, 07:25 AM   #2
seaniam81
Commodore

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 0

well the classic stuff only has Lotus, Ferrari, and Williams cars. And a '76 Niki Lauda Ferrari. Basically all you can do with them are some challenges, time attack, time trials, and single GP's.

But each are a little different to drive and it's noticeable. You can drive hard in the corners with the late 90's cars and expect to stick it but there's no way those 80's cars are going to do it.

Personally I'm a big F1 fan so getting the classic edition was good for me, I spent more time driving the classics around then spent driving my 2013 career. So far.

seaniam81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-13, 06:58 AM   #3
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniam81 View Post
well the classic stuff only has Lotus, Ferrari, and Williams cars. And a '76 Niki Lauda Ferrari. Basically all you can do with them are some challenges, time attack, time trials, and single GP's.

But each are a little different to drive and it's noticeable. You can drive hard in the corners with the late 90's cars and expect to stick it but there's no way those 80's cars are going to do it.

Personally I'm a big F1 fan so getting the classic edition was good for me, I spent more time driving the classics around then spent driving my 2013 career. So far.
That's the thing. I had GP2 that I played to death in which most of the cars were the same to drive, then came GP3 & GP4 then GPL which again I played to death and modded like crazy. Loved the old 60's Lotus and the Mercedes. The 60's and 70's and 80's and 90's cars and tracks held much more interest to me than the modern post 2000 cars. I suppose its because I grew up with them.

Last edited by TarJak; 10-16-13 at 07:20 AM.
TarJak is offline   Reply With Quote