SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-23-11, 10:24 PM   #76
Vorkapitan
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 1367
Uploads: 0
Kapitan,

Is the deck gun supposed to have the "wet" look in ver. 1.1?

Joe
Vorkapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-11, 06:54 AM   #77
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

would be a good idea, because its a part which is more often wet as the cunning tower is.

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-11, 04:16 PM   #78
Poacher886
Chief

Downloads: 36

Downloaded this Mod and installed. My V11a looks superb, i take my hat off to this excellent little mod, totaly convincing.!!
Poacher886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-11, 05:33 PM   #79
kapitan_zur_see
Commodore

Downloads: 60

No the deckgun's not wet in v1.1, but I'm testing this. Since there's a lot of small parts, angles and roundness to it, it's gonna shine probably a lot more in much more angles than hull and coning tower. Gives it a bit of a "plastic look" sometimes, feeling a bit odd under good weather. Maybe I'll put that as an optional install. Nearly everything ingame that is close to the sea can have this effect applied, Even some parts of the sub interior, like walls and etc. albeit it often doesn't produce very good results...

I wish I could tie this effect to some weather state controller... this way I could for example renders the watch men clothes all wet during raining situations or huge sea states. Alas, it seems impossible for the moment

For your record, here's how it looks in goblin:

kapitan_zur_see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-11, 06:45 PM   #80
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

I am not sure ? but apparently on the side of the sub the brown ballast tanks dont have the wet effect applied ,?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapitan_zur_see View Post
thanks sober!

couple of pics I took while playing:

Old 08-24-11, 07:05 PM   #81
kapitan_zur_see
Commodore

Downloads: 60

It does, but it is showing up less easily than the rest (mainly whilst looking the sub from above usually). Can't do much about it

kapitan_zur_see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-11, 09:06 PM   #82
Nebulus1974
Nub

Downloads: 122
Default Excelente!

Muy bueno
Nebulus1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-11, 10:22 PM   #83
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

A truly magnificent mod being a visual nut myself, i love such details as this, thanks again for this great work.
Old 08-31-11, 06:01 PM   #84
tonschk
Admiral

The Wet/Gloss effect on the ballast tanks appear and disappear quikly , but actually the mod is working , do you think is possible to get a permanent Wet/Gloss on the ballast tANKS ?

Old 09-02-11, 02:15 PM   #85
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 3

Kapitan - this isn't directly related to the hull wetness mod, but after seeing what you did with this, it made me wonder if you can also implement something else.

When playing in the winter months, I've noticed a rather cool 'ice' effect on merchants and warships - makes them look frosted over from the cold. First time I saw it I thought how cool it was (no pun intended, lol) and I wondered if it would be possible to implement the same effect on a surfaced uboat?

Just a thought, no idea if it's even possible... any thoughts?
0rpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11, 02:26 PM   #86
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rpheus View Post
Kapitan - this isn't directly related to the hull wetness mod, but after seeing what you did with this, it made me wonder if you can also implement something else.

When playing in the winter months, I've noticed a rather cool 'ice' effect on merchants and warships - makes them look frosted over from the cold. First time I saw it I thought how cool it was (no pun intended, lol) and I wondered if it would be possible to implement the same effect on a surfaced uboat?

ice is defined via a .dds file for a unit. The sub's must be missing this .dds file then
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11, 02:46 PM   #87
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
ice is defined via a .dds file for a unit. The sub's must be missing this .dds file then
Hmm, is it possible to add it, do you think, or are those files specifically for the merchant/warships?
Old 09-02-11, 02:51 PM   #88
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Hmm, is it possible to add it, do you think, or are those files specifically for the merchant/warships?
not sure. Haven't looked into anything dealing with it except for how the game showed ice on some ships.

Look in \data\Textures\TNormal\tex and the files ending in _ice are responsible for adding this ice to the ships. If you view them with image editor you'll see how the ice is defined.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11, 03:01 PM   #89
tonschk
Admiral

Quote:

I remember time ago (over a year ago) I think perhaps was Tomi making a mod to show the U-Boat with frozen ice on it, but was for SH4 if I remember properly
Old 09-02-11, 03:18 PM   #90
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
not sure. Haven't looked into anything dealing with it except for how the game showed ice on some ships.

Look in \data\Textures\TNormal\tex and the files ending in _ice are responsible for adding this ice to the ships. If you view them with image editor you'll see how the ice is defined.
Will this work in a normal image viewer or will I need a special program? My talents lie exclusively as a writer - I'm appalling at graphics so I very much doubt I'd be any help on this. If you wanted scripts for a crew dialogue mod to improve the crew 'story', or in fact stories in general then I'm your man - but stuff like this I should leave to the experts!

edit: of course I'm happy to help out with any testing required.

Last edited by 0rpheus; 09-02-11 at 03:30 PM.