Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-19, 07:28 AM   #10666
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

^ I know who to contact then when I need to replenish my bottles of soy sauce for my Chinese cooking

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 08-17-19, 04:15 AM   #10667
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Jeremy Corbyn: 'It is not up to Jo Swinson to decide who will be next PM'

https://news.sky.com/story/corbyn-ho...-plan-11786571
OH AND WHO PUTS THEMSELVES FORWARD THINKING THEIR THE ONLY ONE FIT FOR THE JOB...YOU, YOU BLOODY MINDED FOOL.

You are unfit to be a leader of a party so sod off and take that nest of vipers with you.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 08-17-19, 04:40 AM   #10668
STEED
Lucky Jack

Boris ask the BBC why they have robbed pensioners of their free tv licence and now plan to spend £1 Million on adverts to get the young back watching the BBC.

More money wasted by the BBC and what is Boris going to do?......NOTHING I BET.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 08-17-19, 06:07 AM   #10669
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
OH AND WHO PUTS THEMSELVES FORWARD THINKING THEIR THE ONLY ONE FIT FOR THE JOB...YOU, YOU BLOODY MINDED FOOL.

You are unfit to be a leader of a party so sod off and take that nest of vipers with you.
Actually on this matter he is quite correct, not that I'm overjoyed at the prospect.

"Under normal constitutional processes in Britain, when a government collapses, the leader of the opposition is called on to form a government"

Old 08-17-19, 06:24 AM   #10670
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Senior Tory MP Sir Oliver Letwin has said he does not support Jeremy Corbyn becoming a caretaker prime minister in a bid to avoid a no-deal Brexit.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49380280
It would appear there is a level this Tory traitor will not stoop to.

Old 08-17-19, 06:25 AM   #10671
kraznyi_oktjabr
Sea Lord

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Actually on this matter he is quite correct, not that I'm overjoyed at the prospect.

"Under normal constitutional processes in Britain, when a government collapses, the leader of the opposition is called on to form a government"
But is it necessary, that the leader of that party has to be the PM? Finland's late-president Mauno Koivisto was never elected to the Eduskunta (Parliament of Finland) and he never served as leader of the Social Democratic Party. Despite this, he served twice as prime minister (22.3.1968–14.5.1970 and 6.5.1979–26.1.1982) and after second term he was elected by Eduskunta to become Finland's 8th president (at the time, parliament selected president, not public).
Old 08-17-19, 06:48 AM   #10672
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ Afraid so because to win the vote he obviously needs the support of his own parties MP's.

Old 08-18-19, 05:47 AM   #10673
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Boris Johnson will tell EU leaders there needs to be a new Brexit deal when he makes his first trip abroad as PM later this week.

The UK will leave the EU on 31 October with or without a deal, he will insist.

However, No 10 said there will be "very little discussion" of Brexit during the meetings in France and Germany.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49385263
I suspect he'll be wasting his breath and if you read the article in full you'll see 'Project Fear' is in full swing.

Old 08-19-19, 03:27 AM   #10674
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The road to non-deral Brexit: terms, timetables and conditions explained:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49004486

It gets tight at the end, and a legal battle at the supreme court is likely. I do not like such most profound political course plotting being decided by judges. Because judges are not responsible to the public, but responsible to encrypted administrative rules - this and not more is what laws are. And many use them to hide behind them.

We have experience with EU-related and Euro-related conflicts in Germany being decided by the Bundesverfassungsgericht, our highest court. They are almost all very bad, for the courts proved to be cowardly and very obedient - not to say: submissive - to EU and the ECB.
Old 08-19-19, 05:36 AM   #10675
STEED
Lucky Jack

I see the nameless one spouting off the usual promises vote for me and all will be dandy. I will never vote Labour while that thing and that things gang of loony headbanger only agenda is to bankrupt the country because they can not add up 2 + 2.

I will not vote for any political party at the moment as all of them are unfit to vote for. They all have there internal faults and all of them twist bend and turn the truth inside out. I will not vote for the sweet lies, try telling the truth all the time I dare you.

Old 08-19-19, 06:01 AM   #10676
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The road to non-deral Brexit: terms, timetables and conditions explained:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49004486

It gets tight at the end, and a legal battle at the supreme court is likely. I do not like such most profound political course plotting being decided by judges. Because judges are not responsible to the public, but responsible to encrypted administrative rules - this and not more is what laws are. And many use them to hide behind them.

We have experience with EU-related and Euro-related conflicts in Germany being decided by the Bundesverfassungsgericht, our highest court. They are almost all very bad, for the courts proved to be cowardly and very obedient - not to say: submissive - to EU and the ECB.
Whichever way the wind blows/MP's vote it will be akin to turkeys voting for christmas.

Old 08-19-19, 06:05 AM   #10677
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The Labour leader said the UK is facing a Brexit "crisis" and will vow to do "everything necessary" to stop the UK leaving the EU without a deal.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49391297
Surely this can't be the Euro sceptic (since 1983) they are quoting?

Old 08-19-19, 04:29 PM   #10678
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49393556

Quote:
"After Brexit the government will introduce a new, fairer immigration system that prioritises skills and what people can contribute to the UK, rather than where they come from."
A Downing Street spokeswoman added that "tougher criminality rules" for those coming to the UK will be introduced.

Somebody will try to make a big deal of this, but - isn't that just sounding like old-fashioned plain reason...? I wish this view would spread all over Europe.
Old 08-19-19, 05:22 PM   #10679
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I wonder if my British friends will be here among us after Oct. 31

Reading some of those doomsday prediction(Danish and Swedish), give the impression -Britain will go down the drain if they leave EU without a deal

Markus
Old 08-20-19, 05:30 AM   #10680
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49393556

Somebody will try to make a big deal of this, but - isn't that just sounding like old-fashioned plain reason...? I wish this view would spread all over Europe.
A similar scheme is used by other countries such as Canada and Australia and has worked well enough for them but remember, the above will only happen if no deal can be reached.

I'm thinking a no deal is the most likely outcome.

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics