Closed Thread

Old 01-08-21, 10:09 AM   #12466
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipertheSniper View Post
Whatever the media is reporting, the person who made that tweet(?) is still an idiot, equating the destruction of property in riots, to trying to disenfranchise millions of Americans of their votes, because the election didn't turn out like these people wanted.
Well ****....was it not just 4 years ago the same thing happened when Hillary lost and the election did not turn out like they wanted???? In fact, it started a crap storm for 4 years of hate from the media, celebrities and those in government(Maxine Waters).
Old 01-08-21, 10:12 AM   #12467
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post

go back to some greater degree of sanity and deal with 'normal' problems...

<O>
Did you stop to think perhaps the insanity is driven by the media and many on Capitol Hill? Did you ever in your life witness the hatred for one individual who is the White House? Truthfully, I'm completely exhausted by it all.

Just for fun...

"But what has Trump done in the past 4 years?
The "arrogant" in the White House brokered four Middle East Peace Accords, something that 71 years of political intervention and endless war failed to produce.
The "buffoon" in the White House is the first president that has not engaged us in a foreign war since Eisenhower.
The "racist" in the White House has had the greatest impact on the economy, bringing jobs, and lowering unemployment to the Black and Latino population of ANY other president. Ever.
The "liar" in the White House has exposed the deep, widespread, and long-standing corruption in the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, and the Republican and Democratic parties.
The "buffoon" in the White House turned NATO around and had them start paying their dues.
The "fool" in the White House neutralized the North Koreans and stopped them sending missiles toward Japan, and threatening the West Coast of the US.
The "xenophobe" in the White House turned our relationship with the Chinese around, brought hundreds of businesses back to the US, and revived the economy.
This same “clown” lowered your taxes, increased the standard deduction on your IRS return from $12,500 to $24,400 for married couples and caused the stock market to rise to record levels, positively impacting the retirement accounts of tens of millions of citizens.
The “clown” in the White House fast-tracked the development of multiple COVID Vaccines which are now available or will be soon. And yet we still don't have a vaccine for SARS, Bird Flu, Ebola, or a host of diseases that arose during previous administrations.
The “clown” in the White House rebuilt our military which the Obama administration crippled and fired 214 key generals and admirals in his first year of office."
Old 01-08-21, 10:13 AM   #12468
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

enough is enough both parties are responsible for all the protest and rioting been going on for what 4 years i have no problem with protest if peaceful and no damage and major roads not being block by people where a er auto cant get though if they need too help someone this country after all was founded on protest i can't even be on facebook anymore without name calling and being treated like crap including a family member because i voted for someone 74 million people voted for him was there 74 million people there doing it no now since the capital was damage the money going come from taxpayers personly Trump should be made to pay for the damage and far as i can see it he guilty for trying to overthrow the government both parties need to man up stop this bs and do what right for the people and the nation now i think im going stay off the net go fishing or hunting or just do something i want to do
Old 01-08-21, 10:17 AM   #12469
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Did you stop to think perhaps the insanity is driven by the media and many on Capitol Hill? Did you ever in your life witness the hatred for one individual who is the White House? Truthfully, I'm completely exhausted by it all.

Just for fun...

"But what has Trump done in the past 4 years?
The "arrogant" in the White House brokered four Middle East Peace Accords, something that 71 years of political intervention and endless war failed to produce.
The "buffoon" in the White House is the first president that has not engaged us in a foreign war since Eisenhower.
The "racist" in the White House has had the greatest impact on the economy, bringing jobs, and lowering unemployment to the Black and Latino population of ANY other president. Ever.
The "liar" in the White House has exposed the deep, widespread, and long-standing corruption in the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, and the Republican and Democratic parties.
The "buffoon" in the White House turned NATO around and had them start paying their dues.
The "fool" in the White House neutralized the North Koreans and stopped them sending missiles toward Japan, and threatening the West Coast of the US.
The "xenophobe" in the White House turned our relationship with the Chinese around, brought hundreds of businesses back to the US, and revived the economy.
This same “clown” lowered your taxes, increased the standard deduction on your IRS return from $12,500 to $24,400 for married couples and caused the stock market to rise to record levels, positively impacting the retirement accounts of tens of millions of citizens.
The “clown” in the White House fast-tracked the development of multiple COVID Vaccines which are now available or will be soon. And yet we still don't have a vaccine for SARS, Bird Flu, Ebola, or a host of diseases that arose during previous administrations.
The “clown” in the White House rebuilt our military which the Obama administration crippled and fired 214 key generals and admirals in his first year of office."
AVGWarhawk!!!! You are awesome man!!!! Now lets see what Biden does if he doesnt hold back more African Americans! What did he call em? superpredators!

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
Old 01-08-21, 10:30 AM   #12470
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
I'm more so outraged by the LACK of planning by the US Capitol police. The Federal government offered assistance days before the event. It was turned down.

Were you outraged at BLM and Antifa destroying DC in June? How about the last 4 years?
Yes, I am, but I also think BLM has a better reason to be angry than cult of Trump.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 01-08-21, 10:31 AM   #12471
VipertheSniper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Well ****....was it not just 4 years ago the same thing happened when Hillary lost and the election did not turn out like they wanted???? In fact, it started a crap storm for 4 years of hate from the media, celebrities and those in government(Maxine Waters).
I can't remember a mob forcing it's way in to the Capitol, trying to possibly stop the confirmation of the votes.
Old 01-08-21, 10:32 AM   #12472
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Everyone keeps talking about how Trump was so corrupt.

Can anyone name me one US president that wasn’t corrupt? I don’t go with George Washington because he force people into conscription during the Revolutionary war!

But if we’re going to compare trump to some of the other recent presidents you guys are all crazy.

Let’s go with Obama. I’ll bring up one simple lie that he told us. Has anyone seen any video evidence or picture evidence of us killing Osama bin Laden? I don’t care how many Navy SEALs you put up in front of a camera or how many books you write, we didn’t kill Osama bin Laden. He died of old age and we framed it to look like we did something. Obama did nothing to protect this country. And as long as he’s not allowing us the people to see that evidence, then that’s a big brother not allowing us to see the evidence. That couldn’t be more corruption if you paint it a different way.

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
Old 01-08-21, 10:34 AM   #12473
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The Trump Clan plans its goldne future on the ashes of America

https://translate.google.com/transla..._12848271.html

An alien chest buster in the Republican party's torso.
Old 01-08-21, 10:37 AM   #12474
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
AVGWarhawk!!!! You are awesome man!!!! Now lets see what Biden does if he doesnt hold back more African Americans!
Biden will spend the 1st two years undoing what Trump has done. I'm ok with undoing some of the environmental legislation Trump enacted. Other than that, we will witness an elderly man who is obviously suffering from early stages of dementia go down hill quickly. His wife will prop him up as she has been doing. But not to worry....FWEEDOM..will stand under Kamala.
Old 01-08-21, 10:39 AM   #12475
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipertheSniper View Post
I can't remember a mob forcing it's way in to the Capitol, trying to possibly stop the confirmation of the votes.
I can't remember mobs taking control of state houses, federal buildings and entire city blocks. This in just the LAST 4 years.
Old 01-08-21, 10:43 AM   #12476
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
I'm more so outraged by the LACK of planning by the US Capitol police. The Federal government offered assistance days before the event. It was turned down.

Were you outraged at BLM and Antifa destroying DC in June? How about the last 4 years?

Um, er,... are the Capitol Police really all that much at fault for their seeming lack of 'preparedness'? After all, the MAGA crowd aren't at all like those BLM savages; the MAGA crowd are known for being law-abiding citizens with full respect for the law and for law enforcement; the MAGA-ites would never resort to the sort of lawlessness of those they reviled last year; there's just no way that would happen; and there was no way a sitting president, along with his son and his minions, would make a personal appearance on the morning of and egg the MAGAs on to a frenzy; that sort of thing just wouldn't happen, uh, uh, NFW...

...and we all know those law-abiding MAGAs would show those stinking BLMs just how a proper, dignified protest is done; they would march peacefully by the Capitol, say their piece, and politely disperse; oh, there might be a very few rowdies, just like at the other protests, but so very few amongst the MAGAs that the Capitol Police would esily deal with them and minimize the affect on the 'perfect' protest by model citizens...

...so why should the Capitol Police have expected less from the noble, rightoeus, and law-abiding MAGA citizens? After all, they're on the side of law and order, not rank criminals like the BLMs; there was no need to have Capitol Police in full battle gear, like at the Lincoln Memorial when those vile BLMs went marching by; why, it surely was that show of force that kept all those Black demonstrators from attacking and defacing the Lincoln statue; we all know the MAGAs would never stoop so very low as to do something so vile to something so sacred to the very hear of US democracy as a national symbol like the Capitol Building; no, no that just would never, ever, ever, happen...

...after all, they are just like their fearless leader who nobly swore he'd be there right with them, they're just like him: sane, rational, predictable, respectful, and law-abiding; why should the Capitol Police really wory?...

Seriously, I'm just saying, cut the Capitol Police a little bit of slack; what happened wasn't at the real base of it their fault; yeah, given the lunacy of the Trump/Trumpette nexus, it wouldn't have hurt to err on the side of possibly being a little more proactive, but, again, by the metric of the espoused "values" of theMAGAs, the riot on Wednesday should have never happened; there is a famous political cartoon by the noted cartoonist Paul Conrad that he drew at the time of the Watergate scandal; the panel was split in half, with the top part showing about a half dozen hippie-type protestor-sorts with protest signs and the usual hippie attire; in the bottom half, there were about a half dozen of the Nixon White House denizens (Nixon, Haldeman, Erlichman, Mitchell, etc.) in their proper, formal business suits; at the very bottom of the cartoon was a quiz: of the two above two groups of people, who do you would you choose as the ones who would subvert and corrupt the Constitution and the laws of the US?; so, the question now is: of the BLMs and the MAGAs, which should the Capitol Police should have been more wary?; if, as many here aver, you really support law enforcement, give a little consideration to the seeming logic of the situation; I'm not going to condemn, out of hand, the Capitol Police, but, rather, the hypocrisy of the MAGAs who talked the talk but really, really stumbled when it came time to walk the walk...

...but, then again, maybe the outrages of the MAGAs were to be expected of fools who follow a greater fool...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 01-08-21 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-08-21, 11:00 AM   #12477
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Re; Political cartoons...

There is a famous cartoon by the renowned Bill Maudlin that he drew just after the Kennedy assassination to express the impact and enormity of the tragedy; in a way, given the net effect of the debacle that is the Trump Administration and its negative effects on the nation, the GOP, the norms of civility, the core of the Constitution and the expectations of decency and morality, maybe it is apt yet today:

<O>
Old 01-08-21, 11:02 AM   #12478
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Downloads: 52
wolf_howl15 244.5 years ago...

The dregs of European societies came here looking to forge a new life of freedom from monarchal tyranny.
It wasn't easy. It wasn't clean. It took a lot of blood to forge a new nation on the world.
A nation that has repeatedly stepped up and saved the bacon of the old countries. Having said that, understand this, freedom is not free. It's cost is paid for in blood and we continue paying to this very day.
So we had some of our folks get a little rowdy. That's just who we are. So keep your righteous indignation and your opinions to yourselves if you're not an American.
We will sort it out on our own. Thank you very much.
PEACE

Tomorrow never comes
Old 01-08-21, 11:13 AM   #12479
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
While the White House may be on Defcon 1, the fact remains Trump, as president, still has a wide range of available powers, notably, the power of Executive Orders, something he, and the GOP, reviled and railed against when the power was used by Obama; this power is virtually unchecked and unbounded;
I would be interested in knowing just what you think he might do. Be specific. I personally don't think he will do anything. But as to just what outgoing Presidents can do without EOs I refer you to the mischief that Obama and friends were up to in his last days in office. And one of those people is the President elect. Besides the recent protest debacle nothing Trump has done compares to what Obama and his intellegence and law inforcement people and his inner circle were up to in an attempt to interfere in an election and an incoming administration.

Quote:
Trump is now cornered animal, a sociopathic cornered animal, and we all know cornered animals are particularly dangerous and unpredictable; while there are a lot of others in the White hose and the GOP who may be in position to attenuate any foreseeable or probable Trump excesses, remember there are those who have Trump's ear, who feed Trump's mania, people like the extreme Stephen Miller, who may egg Trump on to some whacked out 'endgame';
You sound like Skybird.

Quote:
I've witnessed many times repressed, highly religious people snapping suddenly and lose their cool and it is not a comforting sight;
Really? What would being religious have to do with it? Less than a month ago a relative who is an unabashed atheist resorted to some incredibly bad behavior while we were having a political discusion. It was embarassing but I certainly don't think the reason for the outburst had anything to do with belief or non belief. It is a personality failing.

Quote:
as I've said before, once Trump is gone, as far as I'm concerned, he's done with whatever affect he has on the office of POTUS and the courts can have his sorry ass and the rest of us can go back to some greater degree of sanity and deal with 'normal' problems...
If only that were the case. Other than a change in the WH and Congress all of the problems that America has are still there. It remains to be seen how a political chameleon like Joe Biden, a highly divisive Nancy Pelosi, and a Senate now at the mercy of someone like Harris will solve those problems. The media can put a positive spin on it but 2022 promises to be just as bad for Biden as 2010 was for Obama. The only hope I see is that Joe will let that mythical inner 'moderate' come forth and put the brakes on some disastrous hard left policies that are in the works. And to allow that moderate to seek a nonpartisan approach to problems. We'll see but a lot of things have to go right for Biden to avoid a replay of the 2010 midterms. Let's see how he handles the virus, the economy and China.

And then there is that damn pesky laptop.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 01-08-21, 11:14 AM   #12480
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

The Iran issue

I'm not a psycho-analytic I can therefore not say what going on in Trumps head.

I have read in this thread that Trump may or could order an attack on Iran before leaving the White House.

This worries me.

So far Trump hasn't started any war and I hope he will follow this line until he leave.
Then there's is these insight report saying he has gone insane.
It's CNN who has mentioned this-so how reliable is it.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter