SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-10-12, 03:44 PM   #541
Luken
Loader

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 0

Sorry for interrupting, but I have a question, and didn't want to make a thread for it, and here is going some serious breakthrough - is it possible in the current state of modding, or is potential for this in the future - to make other clickable objects in the sub? (like these radio/hydrophone/map/hatch)
Luken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-12, 03:48 PM   #542
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155

The only problem is that ,I do not have a child and even if I start right away, it was not until he is at university, I just tried with blender, but I can not to have the textures (why there are 4 files after export ?)
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-12, 04:53 PM   #543
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
The only problem is that ,I do not have a child and even if I start right away, it was not until he is at university, I just tried with blender, but I can not to have the textures (why there are 4 files after export ?)
Best get on the job quick then.

The thing is anybodys student email address is sufficent - just get one from a friend get them to register and give you the serial they receive
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-12, 06:16 PM   #544
Ekmek
Mate

Downloads: 4

Quote:
What ! we can do it with the curent release !
i load immediatly Blender for try this ( have you an other 3D free program has to offer me ?)

Objs definetely work in blender. I have a section in my "making leaderheads for civilization4" guide that tells how to use the UV functions in the program.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=267233
Ekmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-12, 06:17 PM   #545
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
(why there are 4 files after export ?)
There are 4 files IF the mesh has two sets of texture coordinates. As the OBJ file format only supports one set of texture coordinates I had to make two sets of files for them - one for the first set of texture coordinates (Diffuse) and the other for the second set (the AO map)
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 01:14 PM   #546
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Hi

Okay, so I spend my day to take in hand Blender.
Nice, the interface is not great, but it's free! and anyway when I explained to my girlfriend that I wanted to make him a kid for a code, it did not agree !
However I offered the first names: Max for a guy, and Maya for a girl !
But nothing was done, she will not! No kids for a code! Damn !

Regarding the editor
I did not understand why, but now I can zoom in detail, and in addition I have the textures are common rooms which appeared without adjusting ?
and i wanted to know if it's normal that textures exported in. obj are in .tga and no longer. dds
I export the radar meshe : Perfect, opening in blender : Ok ,even the textures are in .tga ,they are well recognized and used in blender
But, when importing into the editor I had the right to this:

If you have a solution, I'm interested

BigReg/BigRegOne

"The notion of strainer is independent of the concept of hole and vice versa."

Proverbe Shadock

Edit: I just noticed that after closing the editor, he continues to work ! see in the process !

Last edited by BIGREG; 02-11-12 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-12-12, 01:05 AM   #547
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

I'd need to see the obj files you were trying to import. More than likely blender is using culture specifics and thus is writing decimal points using the european way ',' instead of the american way '.'. This is no problem as I added a menu option in the menu that tells the app to use culture specifics for situations like this. See here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=407

I'd still like to see the obj files produced by blender.

As far as exporting to tga that's the way I have the app setup currently. I was thinking about letting the user decide what format they want the images to export to via an interface. What do you think? Basically you would be able to export images in any of the formats under the misc tab.

Finished coding the extended data for when you add a new bone. Works perfectly for normal GR2 files but the special GR2 files don't work correctly yet. Should have it all fixed and completed here soon

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 02-12-12 at 01:36 AM.
Old 02-12-12, 04:02 AM   #548
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Hi

Well I'll try to explain what happens to me with the editor:

- Yesterday morning, just radar mesh extraction from the room QR1 (with local settings enable) -> OK
- Opening with blender -> OK
- Backup without any changes-> OK
-import into the editor-> error (one posted above)
- Yesterday afternoon another attempt: can not reopen the room QR1.GR2 ?
- Try to open my file with my edit additional textures QR1.GR2> recalculate CRC -> OK. opening-> OK
new-tries, with the original QR1.GR2-> will not open !
I then preview that after closing the editor it continue to operate (in the task manager) -> Ok it's not too serious, but it eats memory
Last night, still can not reopen the original file QR1.GR2! but the other. GR2 open without problem
-This morning the same! OK I delete the folder how I unzip the editor and I reextracted the editor
- Opening QR1.GR2 original with the editor -> OK? It works !
(but the editor continues to function after its closure)
- Trying to extract just the wheel of the radar-> Ok Opening with blender-> error loading !

That's all for now, I'll keep trying all this

Ps:Super ,if you can add dds format for the export ! Do you need my .obj mesh after save with Blender ?

BigReg/BigRegOne

"The most serious disease of the brain is thinking."

Proverbe Shadock
Old 02-12-12, 05:06 AM   #549
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Ps:Super ,if you can add dds format for the export ! Do you need my .obj mesh after save with Blender ?
Yes I'd like to look at it to see if blender is adding/removing anything from the obj files

What you speak about the app 'hanging' is normal in the current posted version. The current posted version has TONS of memory leaks When you close down the app the managed runtime is performing 'cleanup' on those memory leaks. It can take awhile if you opened some large files. The new version that I will release here soon has no memory leaks

The ability to add new bones is complete and working The app can add new bones (and their extended data) to regular and special GR2 files.

I added new bones to the lifeboat and NSS_Undine: http://www.mediafire.com/?2pje2j2olbobjq1

You can view these in Granny Viewer and the app. I didn't see any errors in them so double check me

Old 02-12-12, 06:30 AM   #550
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Great thing the addinional bones

I just returned home with 3dsMax 2010 ! an used version for 200 €uros (much cheaper than a kid)
Wow! After the installation (64 bit), I run it and surprise, a real gas factory and all in English
trying to import the steering wheel Radar -> it works great
But now I must take in hand this great software

BigReg/BigRegOne

"To heal something that does not work or is too noisy, it is necessary and sufficient to hit it with something that works better or makes more noise."

Proverbe Shadock
Old 02-13-12, 12:47 AM   #551
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

As promised here is the new test version that allows you to add new bones: http://www.mediafire.com/?y6988frf8y8dm6t

Please try to make it fail I need to know this is stable for any GR2 file you try to open and add bones to. This is the basis for adding everything else Whenever you save a file with new bones ALWAYS try to open it back up with the app AND Granny Viewer. This is the only way to see if the file was written correctly and contains no errors. Ensure to check the Skeleton and ExporterInfo sections in Granny Viewer (and their extended data).

You cannot add bones to a GR2 file if it has no model or skeleton or at least one bone. I just haven't coded those yet. I use the one bone to setup new pointers for the new bone.

The adding of new bones is not optimized. It's rather a brute force approach that it takes. Thus it could take a little time to add the new bone to the file. Be patient. Optimizing comes after everything works

You'll notice that I let Sentinel be of use to you all. Most of the commands are enabled, those that aren't require a password to unlock (some commands don't show until password is entered also). Press F1 to show/hide Sentinel window. And no you cannot have the password. There is WAY too much power enabled for file changing when the password is input You'll cause more harm to the file if you don't know what you're doing and thus no password is being given. Remember I said Sentinel is the overall master of the file - it has the power to do anything with the file.

I haven't checked the importer/exporter with this version so someone test it and see how it works.

There are some problems with picking, specifically selecting faces. If you rotate the mesh then try to pick individual faces they'll select incorrectly. Working on the fix currently.

Any other errors you notice let me know

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 02-13-12 at 01:11 AM.
Old 02-13-12, 09:48 AM   #552
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Downloads: 72
Just've tried it on my notebook... Is it possible to make the EVEI window resizable? All of the controls are below my screen edge.
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-12, 12:31 PM   #553
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Will be possible with this magic software put a crew on surfaced AI uboats?
From stock "opening mission" we have captain body too.

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-12, 01:18 PM   #554
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar View Post
Will be possible with this magic software put a crew on surfaced AI uboats?
From stock "opening mission" we have captain body too.
I've already done that with FX Update....just never released it. Didn't need the tool to do it either Granted it would be much easier to do now with the app's ability to add bones and position/rotate them
Old 02-13-12, 02:30 PM   #555
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Hi

It's me again

Great! This new version: Super fast, bones menu ...

Here's a little report and some questions for you TheDarkWraith:

- Try to import / export:

Regional setting: ON
File: Room_QR1.GR2
Mesh: Room_QR1_Radar (mesh)

- Export: with AO and textures -> Import: Room_QR1_Radar.objAO (not opened/no change) -> Error

same with all other attempts and adjustments (Regional On/off-with and without AO..)

but with the perdea mesh ,i have this error :

- I looked to export the UV maps, but I have not succeeded (impossible to select, edit menu empty).
Yet I saw that you had succeeded:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=396

otherwise open. obj in 3DS Max is impeccable!

Questions :

- Is there a way to rotate (shortcuts) from the point of view (on the spot) ?
-For the UV maps will it be possible to load them directly into 3ds Max ?

Thank in advance

BigReg/BigRegOne

"Only by pumping as you get something and even if you do not succeed ... hey well that you will not hurt."

Proverbe Shadock