SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-04-22, 02:39 PM   #1
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

If you ever tried to do your annual tax declaration in Germany you will wonder how this economy was ever able to thrive
It is not only the taxes but to fill out all these forms correctly.. not even tax consultants are able to see through this jungle anymore

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-22, 04:24 PM   #2
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
If you ever tried to do your annual tax declaration in Germany you will wonder how this economy was ever able to thrive
It is not only the taxes but to fill out all these forms correctly.. not even tax consultants are able to see through this jungle anymore
Don’t you all have something akin to TurboTax? Makes my life easy, I can download all my accounts info to it. It pretty much dots the i’s and crosses the t’s for me. Unless I have to cut a check for money owed there’s no paperwork involved everything is done electronically.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-22, 04:58 PM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Don’t you all have something akin to TurboTax? Makes my life easy, I can download all my accounts info to it. It pretty much dots the i’s and crosses the t’s for me. Unless I have to cut a check for money owed there’s no paperwork involved everything is done electronically.
There is such software, yes. But you underestimate the German genius to overregulate even the simpliest things. BTW, Albania, so i read, has better internet and digitalisation standard than Germany.

Man, we took 14 years to plan an airport toos mall, build it and delay opening again and again, and now debate whetehr to completely tear it down and build it new froms cratch. That is the Germany we tlak off. Forget the cliche about the greta ppanners, engineers and organiser! Germany may have been like thzat. It is no more. A growing number of students cannot correctly read and write when leaving schools. Asian brands beat German car makers every years whn tio comes to lonevity of tehcnical components and rate of tehcncial errors. If I were to buy a car - German brands is what I would avoid! Overpriced, not offering enough for the money. POroductoj beocmes too expensive, energy becomes too expensive, infrastructure rots, energy stablity delcining, education standard of the workers pool declines. The rate at which industry is abandoning Germany has increased by three in this year, and by a factor of 8 over the past 10 years, in totals. They go to - China. At the same time you pay nowhere else as many taxes and social duties and pay nowhere else as much for electricity, than in Germany, already before this year.
Old 11-04-22, 05:18 PM   #4
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

^ Some years back I had a little chat with a couple who had come to our island to get married. I asked if it was because our island is beautiful.

He said in German Nein...due to bureaucracy it's a hell to get married in Germany.
Ah Ich verstehe Warum-Oh I understand why so many of you German comes to our island either is it as turist or to get married.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-22, 04:47 PM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I had to do the Grundsteuererklärung. A nightmare, and they did not even manage to set up the digital infrastructure correctly. For weeks they drove me first crazy, then desperate when I tried to enter the legitimation code after authentication received. Thge option to enter such legitmation was not given, never! And after 6 weeks, yes, six weeks, all of a sudden it appeared where before it appeare dnot, and the pages also build up severla tiems as fast as before, and I was able tio finally squeeze this egg into the loo where it belongs. The fault was no doubt at the server's end of the line. I was close to demanding them to send me paper forms.

Germany is a nuthouse, and it falls, it is in free fall and nobody wants to see it and pretends that the world is taking us as an example. Its so hilarious.