Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-05-21, 05:27 PM   #1276
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

https://translate.google.com/transla..._13261539.html

This woman time and again surprises me, I must admit, her analysis, like quite often, is right on the mark. Surprised I am because she is member of the SED-follow up party Die Linke, and in earlier times identified as a radical communist and Stalinist. But I must say she is probably one of the by far smartest and rational heads in German politics. I would not say such a thing about many names in German politics. She is of German-Iranian ancestry, and grew up in the GDR. During her party career she rose to profiled positions in two or three platforms and organsiation that were rated by the Verfassungsschutz as potentially hostile to the constitution, and described herself as pro-Stalinistic and orthodox-communist.

I formidable and classy opponent to have a debate with, I think.
Old 05-06-21, 04:43 PM   #1277
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

How to stop Nordstream2. First try sanctions, then poison Nalvany blame Russia. Next back the Green Party. Now for this, the UN report.

A sweeping U.N. report says methane is far worse for the climate, human health than previously thought.

https://news.yahoo.com/sweeping-u-n-report-says-153029303.htm

Climate politicians from the left and the Greens have long criticised Nord Stream 2.

https://forum.eu/article/nordstream-...ate-killer/661

Coal is starting to look pretty good again

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-06-21 at 05:00 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-21, 04:52 PM   #1278
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Of course methane is worse. We had that theme more than ten years ago, in this very forum.
Methane set free happens when the climate changes to higher energy levels, read: temperature. Frozen methane hydrates everywhere, Gulf of Mexico, Siberia. Which is exactly why mankind should try to stop global warming.
But you can be happy, it cannot be stopped anymore. And it will not be your problem, nor the one of your children.
It will be the problem of your grand-grand children, and you will not live to see them anyway.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-21, 05:11 PM   #1279
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

The highest concentration of this Methane should be in Siberia(northern Russia)

Locked in the frozen something.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 05:52 AM   #1280
Skybird
Soaring

I warn of methane-hydrate since years and years in this forum. Its several dozen factors more potent a climate warming gas than CO2.

Severla regions of the deep sea bottom are full and full of it. Once the warming water reaches down there, it unfreezes and locks up. And then say good night, I think.

The permafrost regions only hold a fraction of the global reserves. The bigger problem is down at the ocean's bottoms. Their unfreezing maybe could also lead to huge tectonic "movement". Tectonic acitvity + ocean = Tsunami.

I agree with Catsfish, the thing has an inherent self-dynamic that is beyond the fail safe point now. It most likely cannot be stopped anymore.

Thats why I say over and over again we must not waste time and money and ressources in infantile attempts to please Swedish spoiled brat choires and populistic Green terror policies of wanting to turn back the clock and make the last 100 years undone, but we must learn to surf the changing waves and adapt to a much warmer world. And maybe learn how to use methan hydrate as an energy carrier in an ecology-compatabile way. Technology is part of human evolution, its an evolutional tool specific for our species, our way to adapt and survive by becoming fit for it. But the current Zeitgeist simply is too infantile and dumb to understand that. Populism is so much more - well, popular. What georg Kreissler once said about the Austrians, is true for all of us: we are a people of "Blumengießer".

My generation will have to deal with the financial and economical tsunami. The generations after that will have to deal with the ecological tsunami - when all economic, time and financial reserves have run thin or out, and then the real eco tsnumaiu breaks loose. Good luck with that job. I consider myself to be lucky to be of the age I am and to not have children. I got the best of the old world and era, and must not live long enough to endure the violent fall of the new one. Perfect timing. It was a golden era, and now it is at its end.

Honestly said, I think homo sapiens is one of the many dead ended strains on evolution's experimenting table. And no, I do not believe one second that "stellar colonization" is a realistic way out. The idea is just the holy book of another escapist religious cult that promises salvation in the realms of the imagined and the fantasised.

Thats not pleasant to hear and its not what people want to hear. But it is what it is. I think I am beyond the need of illusions. Don't want them, don't need them - can't believe in them anymore even if I would want. But why would I want that? That would be like wanting to go back to the days of my childhood and start believing in Santa Claus and fairy queens again and that the stork brings the babies. I cannot bring myself to believe in that again.

My advice is simple. Enjoy the time you have, do no harm to others intentionally, enjoy every day as if it were your last. Becasue your loife or the world can end just any moment, and you have no reason to take the next day for granted. Since I finally managed to internalize this, my debating and fighting in this forum has become less bitter and angry, and I can forgive easier what in the past would have angered me, and can more easily ignore occasions where in the past I would have fought on and on and on.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-07-21 at 06:22 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 04:25 PM   #1281
Skybird
Soaring

Former migration- and Islam-critical movement Pegida has been so completely hijacked by Nazis that it now is being officially rated as "hostile to the constitutional order" and set under surveillance by the office for the protection of the constitution BVS.

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-intell...nal/a-57461336

Two main movements against the Euro, migration and Islam in past years, and both AfD and Pegida being ruined by Nazi takeovers not being fought off with determination from beginning on. Two lost chances. In both cases, members should have smashed in the faces of every brownie showing up on the firt day of appearance already.

Be choosey with whom you march together.

P.S.
First parts of the anti corona movement "Queerdenker" have been rated as case of suspicion, too (in Bremen), due to Nazis winning more and more influence amongst these conspiration theoreticists.
Old 05-08-21, 02:58 PM   #1282
Skybird
Soaring

E-Cars being the probably most inefficent and costly form of climate policy. We throw stellar amounts of taxes and private property wealth out of the window with both hands. Germans are hobbits that never have left the Shire.

https://translate.google.com/transla..._13198969.html
Old 05-17-21, 03:16 PM   #1283
Skybird
Soaring

The Neue Zürcher Zeitung writes:

About "Never again!" - This Saturday was a day of shame for Germany -

After the anti-Jewish demonstrations in several cities, politicians expressed outrage. But Muslim anti-Semitism has been tolerated for years. And the self-declared anti-fascists are silent. -

In numerous German cities, sheer hatred of Jews erupted this Saturday, masked as a makeshift criticism of Israeli politics in the Middle East conflict. Thousands of people took to the streets to wish the state of Israel doom, to curse Jews as child murderers, to burn Israeli flags. -

Police officers who opposed the mob were insulted and attacked, stones, lighters and bottles were thrown at them, and in Berlin even heavy paving stones. Almost without exception, the perpetrators came from the migrant milieu. The outrage of many politicians afterwards is just as cheap as the announcement that they will now take action. Muslim anti-Semitism has been tolerated in Germany for years. -

State and society very rightly look closely when right-wing extremists play down the Nazi regime, shout xenophobic slogans, rant about the “great exchange” or plan attacks. The Federal Republic is not blind to this eye - and where there is a risk of becoming one, numerous initiatives speak out loudly and quickly. After the racist attack in Halle, which began with the attempted assault on the synagogue there, the Federal President spoke of a "day of shame and shame," and he was right. But this Saturday was also such a day. -

Frank-Walter Steinmeier [the German federal president, Skybird] said after the anti-Semitic riots in Gelsenkirchen last week: "Hatred of Jews - regardless of whom - we will not and will not tolerate in our country." Unfortunately, the opposite is true. Hatred of Jews is tolerated in Germany - provided that migrants practice it. The rejection of “Islamic fascism” (Hamed Abdel-Samad) is much less pronounced than the rejection of right-wing extremist fascism, although both are equally misanthropic. -

In large parts of politics and society, quiet treading still rules when Israel is demonized not by the locals but by immigrants and their descendants. Especially to the left of the center, the fear of being perceived as xenophobic is obviously greater than concern for the Jews. -

This weekend, too, nothing was heard from many who otherwise eloquently defend democracy. Through their silence, the self-declared anti-fascists de facto stand on the side of those who demand a Jew-free Palestine. They make themselves helpers of Islamic fascism. -

How now? The pictures and chants on Saturday raise the question of whether the anti-totalitarian consensus really applies in the Federal Republic. Why, for example, did a Frankfurt administrative court approve a demonstration after the ban by the regulatory office, the organizers of which had previously openly called for an armed struggle against Israel? Why are the same Palestinian network called Samidoun allowed to demonstrate in Berlin? Israel has classified Samidoun as a terrorist organization. -

Why do Muslim associations condemn the riots late and with the knee-jerk hint that the mood towards Muslims and migrants in Germany has also become “rougher and more ruthless”? Why does German foreign policy stand by Tehran's side to this day, even though the Iranian regime is coordinating and financing Hamas' terrorism against Israel? When does the Chancellor speak personally? Why does the Chancellor only let her press spokesman say that anti-Semitic rallies will “not tolerate our democracy” instead of speaking up personally and just as clearly as the North Rhine-Westphalian interior minister, for example? Herbert Reul said after the riots on Saturday that young people of Arab origin and Turkish right-wing extremists were using the Middle East conflict as an outlet to spread hatred of Jews. That's the way it is. -

If you want to solve problems, you have to name them and then act accordingly. A country whose state representatives and social actors shy away from it, surrenders to the problems - and should stop its solemn "Never again!" to lead in the mouth.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-17-21 at 03:29 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-21, 03:41 PM   #1284
Catfish

Germany will simply forbid the hate, and the rest will settle by itself.
Question is what "the rest" will look like.

Old 05-17-21, 03:54 PM   #1285
Skybird
Soaring

Lets forbid crime. Police budget can be saved then, there will be no crime. Crime problem solved, money saved - wonderful German way.

France, Sweden, the UK had and have the same illusions, grounded on a false premisse (the Quran allows secularism, antisemitism can be forbidden, we all are just one happy family) that is believed due to lacking understanding of history. Islam has an inherent hate for Jews since the very life of Muhammad himself, since Muhammad'S formdiable ego suffered a big offence from the hand of the Jewish pharisees that showed to be superior in the wanted theological dispute he sought with them to show that he were an equal to their arguments. Heck, the Jewish tradition of hairsplitting thinking was feared and was proverbial already at the times of the Roman empire! It made the Greeks and Romans roll their eyes over...

1,600 years of hatred and revenge and conquest and cultural and ethnical genocide on several continents - and at the beginning of it there was just one man's narcissistic offense who snapped and overcompensated. Great. Well, scientology started with a lousy SF novel.
Old 05-26-21, 06:06 AM   #1286
Skybird
Soaring

Destroyed high tech supply chains: Germany is left behind. Just another example.

https://translate.google.com/transla...ist_abgehaengt
Old 06-04-21, 01:42 PM   #1287
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

In the news here, they have told us that AfD could win the German state election in Sachsen-Anhalt.

A party doesn't become a winner in election just because, so what is the reason, when many Germans see them as neonazis.

Markus

Old 06-04-21, 02:56 PM   #1288
Skybird
Soaring

Reasons compare to why Americans go with Trump's assault on democracy.

They are pissed. And the numbers of people being pissed, is growign daily.

By the Democrats in the US, by the CDU - and the EU (enforced migration) - in Germany.

In quite some regional town halls in Eastern states, cooperations between CDU and AfD are already reality. Nobody speaks about it, everybody tries to hide it from national-level-awareness, but it is fact. CDU and SPD simply have nothing to win in the Eastern states anymore. Because people are pissed.
Old 06-04-21, 03:03 PM   #1289
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

^ Thank you.

So it should be seen as a protest against the politics CDU and other parties have done until now.

Markus

Old 06-04-21, 03:04 PM   #1290
Catfish

I would not call them neo'nazis' (not to praise but i guess Hitler would have made short work of those idiots); but greater parts of the "AfD" are indeed right-wing and they have the abolishment of democracy in their party program.
If you did not notice yet, the right wing is all the rage, and on the rise almost everywhere.