Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-27-10, 06:06 PM   #1
Wolff78
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
Default New Harpoon 3 ANW Dedicated Server

Hello All,

I've set up an ANW Dedicated Server running with Players DB. Server is version 3.94 and we've found that people with 3.10 are crashing the server upon login, so FYI, if you've still got 3.94 and want to play Multiplayer, you're welcome to play at:
67.171.132.46 Port: 14342

It is available 24 x 7

--Wolff
Wolff78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-11, 09:33 PM   #2
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

Default Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB

Mario (a.k.a. CaptPiluso) came for a match and we selected a new release, David and Goliath, made with the community's favourite database, the PlayersDB.
"In a carefully planned series of attacks, the Warsaw Pact begins a war against NATO. Their goal is to seize West Germany, gutting NATO militarily and economically. The Soviets will demand a high price for Germany's return, or assimilate its industry and technology for their own use."

"The Soviet Union, battered by a series of economic disasters, has demanded substantial economic assistance from NATO and the USA. If not, it threatens, "it cannot be responsible for the peace and stability of Europe." The corrupt old men in the Kremlin expect that either way, they will win: Either they get the aid they need to stave off collapse, or they will launch an attack on NATO. They have already started a program of propaganda inside their borders, blaming all their troubles on a deliberate program of economic strangulation, all orchestrated by the West. The implied threat has not been lost on NATO, and while negotiators frantically try to satisfy almost impossible Russian demands, the military frantically mobilizes. The Soviet Defense Council has decided that the Geneva conferences are an attempt by NATO to buy time while it further tightens its economic stranglehold on the Soviet Union. Offensive operations against NATO, before they are fully mobilized, now offer the only way to alter the correlation of forces and break the economic conspiracy."

3.0 Orders:

Advance to the Andfjord area. Observe and report on Soviet naval movements and take no offensive action unless the Soviets intitiate hostilities. Use your radar and sonar to gather as much information on enemy movements as possible, as well as demonstrating NATO's presence and resolve.

StaNavForLant usually has a tanker/replenishment ship assigned, but it has topped off the force and broken off, heading south for safer waters.

Several civilian ships are attempting to evacuate foreign nationals from Norway in expectation of hostilities. Protect these vessels as best you can.

I commanded the NATO StaNavForLant force ordered to protect the Norwegian base while Mario controlled the Soviets. Although hostilities had not yet been declared, they were deemed imminent. A cautious posture was adopted as the ships set sail towards the base. One helo was launched to check the area. Her range was limited, but at least she had radar.

As the force made its approach, a subsurface contact was detected. Immediately afterwards, a torpedo was, too! the ships turned to run, but the torpedo was making 70 knots and the frigate could only run at 25kts. She was certainly going to lose, but she bought sufficient time to launch her helo with 2 others to prosecute the sub.

The helo climbed aloft just as the torpedo homed in and detonated against the Type 182 torpedo decoy. Luckily, the enemy had only fired one.

The trio of helos was quick with their revenge and a Lynx dipped close to the enemy sub and a single Mk 46 torpedo sank it. At least I could now know that war was on and that anything flying a Hammer and Sickle could be engaged. Fight's on!

The helicopter detected a Soviet missile corvette and a large group of vessels approaching. One of them was a light cruiser in the company of two Sovremennyy destroyers and other assorted craft. The corvette packed a considerable punch with 4 Sunburn missiles so I tried to trim down the opposition with a quick strike of 4 Harpoons against her. The attack was successful and the little ship went down with all her missile inventory.

StaNavForLant arrived at the SOSUS station ahead of the Soviets and positioned themselves as a barrier. The biggest threat was the CL as she was able to pound the installation into dust. All available Harpoons were targeted on her. She soaked up the attack and kept coming like a sailing mountain of steel. She was damaged, but still able to make 24kts.

As she closed to SAM engagement range, the Perry frigate locked on and emptied her SAM batteries into the behemoth with apparently little effect. She slowed down, but just kept advancing. Several barrages of Sunburn missiles were received from the destroyers and one got through.

Once the Standard batteries were exhausted, the Sea Sparrows were fired at the Sverdlov-class cruiser. I think she finally flooded and sank. Unfortunately, there were insufficient arms to prevent the Soviets from closing on the port. The Soviets were unable to accomplish their aims without the big gun cruiser, but so had StaNavForLant and the game ended in a draw.

Thanks to Mario for a fun match as well as to Ryan for the use of his server.

Anyone looking for an MP game can drop a line here. For complete instructions on using Wolff's Server, visit HarPlonkHQ

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-11, 09:47 PM   #3
CapitanPiluso
Forum Captain

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Kamarada Mijail Nikolay Popov Vinogradov (a.k.a CapPiluso) has received secret orders from Kremlin and commanded a powerful task force to attack sosus Norwegian station and show NATO forces that they are not alone when it comes to rule the world.

Initial contacts were only unclassified skunks but ships were heading straight to sosus station,which had been detected right from the begining.Also 2 air contacts appeared and loitered there for a long time but my AAW weapons were unable to catch them,obviously they were trying to identify my ships.
As my own ships advanced, alarm warned about vampires but they got lost,I was sure to find some enemy ships blocking my access to sosus station and here they were...Sunburn missiles greeted them but enemy opened fire with furious Harpoons sinking one of my corvettes.
Now approaching the point, I detect 4 enemy ships blocking the sosus station but only could sink one of them,a tactical error left my CL alone and she was being badly damaged by enemy missiles.
I was now close to the port but chances to meet VC were null for both of us, so we decided to declare a draw

This scenario was really interesting and I consider to play it again from a different tactical situation.Thanks to Herman for a great match and Wolff for the use of the server.

My DW pics :https://goo.gl/photos/5gBN7WFntLBSAsc17

My SSM2007 pics :https://goo.gl/photos/1Fa6GaEom28AZuc57
CapitanPiluso is offline   Reply With Quote