Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-13-17, 05:50 AM   #2806
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Fools gold, he's talking about the 1960's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
according to the state department those requirements are still in place.
Who would have thought pure gold suddenly turns into diamonds...

Well August, I guess that's what happens when you bolt to your holy countries defense, blinded by the usual nationalism preventing you to see straight.
Jee, someone pointed out the best and most awesome and free country in the world that holds all rights on freedom, no that basically invented freedom, is... Not more or less free than any other Western nation, or even lacking here and there?
To arms, fellow patriots!

Anyways...
Quote:
Can Americans Travel to Cuba?
If you’re wondering whether Americans can travel to Cuba, the answer is yes but not without a host of restrictions. Since the relationship between the U.S. and Cuba was restored in December 2014, Americans have been able to travel to Cuba under 12 categories of authorized trips. The Obama administration recently loosened sanctions, allowing Americans to travel to the country independently, as long as they complete a form declaring the visit an educational journey.

Cuba tourism is still technically outlawed, so if you want to book solo travel opting for an educational visit, you’ll need to plan a people-to-people trip, where you meet Cuban citizens in normal daily life settings, such as schools and community centers. Previously, Americans visiting for educational purposes were required to have a fully booked cultural itinerary, which meant booking a trip with a tour company, which could come with an average weekly price tag of $2,000 to $3,500 per person.
(Huffpost)

Oh and:
Quote:
Travel purely for tourism will remain illegal until Congress lifts its ban on the island.
(Guardian)

I don't know, but I really wouldn't connect nonsense like this with freedom.
How free are you if you, officially can't even spend your holidays wherever, just because your government says so?
Remember your catchy "chains of oppression" phrase, August? Unlike your example (you claimed I can't own guns, which is nonsense), mine is at least true.

You may return to your star spangled cave now until the next time, when America needs you! *salute*

PS: please note how it was the evil oburmuh administration giving you, a little bit, of freedom back.
Probably only to make you feel safe before the Kenian shock troops move out to establish Obamas dictatorship.... Oh wait!
Old 03-13-17, 06:14 AM   #2807
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

http://publication.pravo.gov.ru/Docu...=0&rangeSize=1

Some news - South Osetian Armed Forces are to be partially integrated into Russian Armed Forces via transfer of personel from select South Osetian units into Russian units in the region. This applies only to personel with dual (Russian and South Osetian) personel, residing permanently in South Osetia.

Context - Russia recognises the break-away region of South Osetia as an independent state and has a number of interstate agreements with it regarding common security.
Old 03-13-17, 07:10 AM   #2808
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
Who would have thought pure gold suddenly turns into diamonds...

Well August, I guess that's what happens when you bolt to your holy countries defense, blinded by the usual nationalism preventing you to see straight.
Jee, someone pointed out the best and most awesome and free country in the world that holds all rights on freedom, no that basically invented freedom, is... Not more or less free than any other Western nation, or even lacking here and there?
To arms, fellow patriots!

Anyways...

(Huffpost)

Oh and:

(Guardian)

I don't know, but I really wouldn't connect nonsense like this with freedom.
How free are you if you, officially can't even spend your holidays wherever, just because your government says so?
Remember your catchy "chains of oppression" phrase, August? Unlike your example (you claimed I can't own guns, which is nonsense), mine is at least true.

You may return to your star spangled cave now until the next time, when America needs you! *salute*

PS: please note how it was the evil oburmuh administration giving you, a little bit, of freedom back.
Probably only to make you feel safe before the Kenian shock troops move out to establish Obamas dictatorship.... Oh wait!
Wow Nipple, star spangled cave, really? Do you feel a little better now that you've ejaculated all that bile? I mean as better as could be expected given that you have to dredge up some old cold war era laws as your big gotcha moment.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-17, 07:57 AM   #2809
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Of course I feel better now, why wouldn't I feel better after, once more, calling you out on your usual bs, August?

It is you who immediately seeks confrontation as soon as one of us europoors criticizes America in literally any way, you immediately jump in and blindly defend it, just like you did now, and it speaks volumes that you even do it while not being informed at all. "Cold war laws" my behind, they are still viable.

You are the first one to blubber about laws, amendments, your constitution and how these damn liburuls violate them with a mighty big mouth, now suddenly you wanna downplay a valid law of your country?
Pure hypocrisy.

Oh, speaking of hypocrisy.
It's cute how you try to act all butt hurt about "star spangled cave" when it is, again, you who constantly says the most despicable things, no matter the context.
You know, like looking down on infantry soldiers because "they're just legs" and not super elite airborne warrior machines, or how you love to bash Europeans for living in chains of oppression (when they don't?) or how you still don't understand that subsim is an international board where everyone can join any debate and isn't automatically excluded from us American topics because he's not a part of the American master race.

So tread carefully and try to live with people calling you out from time to time. If it annoys you, you can stop acting like an indoctrinated cold war Era nationalist who spreads nonsense so often anytime and maybe, just maybe, you're safe from analogies like the above.

You've chosen that shoe for yourself, August.
But as usual, it is everyone else's fault...
Old 03-13-17, 08:33 AM   #2810
August
Wayfaring Stranger

So this was all just another personal attack on me then Nipple? I must be so far into your head that I have multiple residences.

Just remember that you can whine and get mad all you want. Nothing is going to change.

Old 03-13-17, 08:42 AM   #2811
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
So this was all just another personal attack on me then Nipple? I must be so far into your head that I have multiple residences.

Just remember that you can whine and get mad all you want. Nothing is going to change.
Another nice try, but it won't work.
I called you out based on the 'content' you post. So you can "whine and get mad all you want" but no moderator will protect your sorry behind from yourself.

My point is also not to change anything, why would it be. My point rather is rectification.
Old 03-13-17, 08:55 AM   #2812
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

http://www.interfax.ru/russia/515451
This year we expect to receive "several" Podsolnuh short range beyound horizon radars, one of which would be deployed in the Arctic. Currently 3 such stations are operational - in the Caspian, Okhotsk and Japanese seas regions.

This surface wave radar can detect aircraft at the ranges of up to 500km and ships at the ranges of up to 400km, improving the security of our bases by allowing various weapons systems to be employed against targets beyond the horizon. Podsolnuh radar sets compliment the long range beoyond horizon radar sets - Container series, with currently 2 in operation (one in the Europaean Russia and the other in the Far East).
Old 03-13-17, 09:22 AM   #2813
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Another nice try, but it won't work.
I called you out based on the 'content' you post. So you can "whine and get mad all you want" but no moderator will protect your sorry behind from yourself.

My point is also not to change anything, why would it be. My point rather is rectification.
"Call me out? "Sorry behind"? You're really trolling hard today Nipple. What's with all the personal insults lately?

Old 03-13-17, 09:24 AM   #2814
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Of course I feel better now, why wouldn't I feel better after, once more, calling you out on your usual bs, August?

It is you who immediately seeks confrontation as soon as one of us europoors criticizes America in literally any way, you immediately jump in and blindly defend it, just like you did now, and it speaks volumes that you even do it while not being informed at all. "Cold war laws" my behind, they are still viable.

You are the first one to blubber about laws, amendments, your constitution and how these damn liburuls violate them with a mighty big mouth, now suddenly you wanna downplay a valid law of your country?
Pure hypocrisy.

Oh, speaking of hypocrisy.
It's cute how you try to act all butt hurt about "star spangled cave" when it is, again, you who constantly says the most despicable things, no matter the context.
You know, like looking down on infantry soldiers because "they're just legs" and not super elite airborne warrior machines, or how you love to bash Europeans for living in chains of oppression (when they don't?) or how you still don't understand that subsim is an international board where everyone can join any debate and isn't automatically excluded from us American topics because he's not a part of the American master race.

So tread carefully and try to live with people calling you out from time to time. If it annoys you, you can stop acting like an indoctrinated cold war Era nationalist who spreads nonsense so often anytime and maybe, just maybe, you're safe from analogies like the above.

You've chosen that shoe for yourself, August.
But as usual, it is everyone else's fault...

It is a Cold War law/embargo and in 1961 it was the thing to do when Castro nationalized U.S. properties and interests and entertained the idea of nuclear weapons on his island. I was born in 60's and the thought of traveling to Cuba has never entered my mind and neither have I ever felt as though my freedom to do so was trampled upon. The embargo never once bothered me because it wasnt imposed upon me for something I did, it was imposed upon Castro because of what Castro did. And having been involved over the years in the Mariel boat lifts, rescuing whole families on rafts and picking 100's of dead cubans, out of the ocean who were forced by their own government to leave and risked everything they had to get to the United States a.k.a. the land of the free, Ive seen suffering. Think about for a moment people hopped on anything that would float using their hands in desperation they paddled out to sea to escape that place. Hoping the currents would take them in the right direction and hoping again someone would see them before they died of thirst, starvation, exposure or shark attack. At the same time the more advanced free society of European tourists with drinks in hand are enjoying their freedom on some sunny beach in Havana turning a blind eye while people are risking their lives to flee that island. F-Cuba I can honestly say I still could care less about going there and and hope it sinks.

They say its "better in the Bahamas" anyway.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-13-17 at 09:45 AM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-17, 09:32 AM   #2815
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
It is a Cold War law/embargo and in 1961 it was the thing to do when Castro nationalized U.S. properties and interests and entertained the idea of nuclear weapons on his island. I was born in 60's and the thought of traveling to Cuba has never entered my mind and neither have I ever felt as though my freedom to do so was ever trampled upon. The embargo never once bothered me because it wasnt imposed upon me or for something I did, it was imposed upon Castro because of what Castro did. And having been involved over the years in the Mariel boat lifts, rescuing whole families on rafts and picking 100's of dead cubans, out of the ocean who were forced by their own government to leave and risked everything they had to get to the United States a.k.a. the land of the free. I can honestly say I still could care less about going to Cuba and and hope it sinks.

They say its "better in the Bahamas" anyway.
Oh but Rockstar. Nipples whole reason for living is to put us Americans in our place. Saying that you don't care will only infuriate him.

Old 03-13-17, 09:44 AM   #2816
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

I have been to Cuba twice, beautiful beaches, friendly people and great unspoiled scuba diving.

I was kind of hoping the embargo would last longer to keep U.S. tourists out, but I have a U.S. friend who went diving there over Xmas and is now spreading the word.

They also have the best Mojitos in the world.
Old 03-13-17, 10:18 AM   #2817
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
It is a Cold War law/embargo
No, it was created back then, but is still valid today (at least what I was talking about).
It could be from 10000bc, law is law - is it not?
And that was the whole point.

Quote:
Oh but Rockstar. Nipples whole reason for living is to put us Americans in our place. Saying that you don't care will only infuriate him.
Err, yes, you... got it. I only inhale oxygen to stay alive to hate America, because reasons, or something like that.
The funny thing is, I didn't even criticize the US, I criticized what you've said and your hypocrisy.
Boy, it doesn't get more stupid from this point, really.
Old 03-13-17, 11:01 AM   #2818
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
No, it was created back then, but is still valid today (at least what I was talking about).
It could be from 10000bc, law is law - is it not?
And that was the whole point.
The point is the embargo was set in place during the height of the cold war during the Eisenhower presidency and yes it is still in place, no arguement there. I am also well aware of the darker side to that island, a side which up until Obama opened an emabassy there caused multitudes of individuals and families to risk everything they had including their lives to flee. Now? they're stuck there. To those europeans, canadians and few americans having a good time while others were giving everything up to leave that island, ignorance must truly be bliss. If I saw anyone of those hypocrites in distress I would do what they did look the other way finish up my drink, hit the beach and hang out with the kewl people. Heck I might even take in a little scuba diving too.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-17, 11:09 AM   #2819
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

I know many people who have visited China and Vietnam, both also nominally communist dictatorship.

If you are doing business with communist China and communist Vietnam, there is no reason to refuse to do business with communist Cuba.

From what I saw, there is less poverty and crime in Cuba than in "free" Haiti and the Dominican Republic, both of which I have also visited.
Old 03-13-17, 11:09 AM   #2820
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
To those europeans, canadians and few americans having a good time while others were giving everything up to leave that island, ignorance must truly be bliss.
And this is coming from you? Really?

Also, bash these evil tourists all you like.
When you're done, think about how much the Cubans benefit from them and how their situation would, or would have been any better with no tourism at all.

You're right though. Ignorance is bliss.

Tags
terrorism