SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-23-14, 04:12 PM   #1
BitznBites
Watch

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 0
Default SH3 Install Help

Ok....I have the SH3 DVD. I installed it on another computer, patched it to 1.4.....and did GWX3 with no problems.
Now I want to install on my work PC (it's cool I can play when nothing is happening here ).
I put in the DVD, did the auto run install, and started the game to the main menu just to make sure it worked. I then downloaded the "silent_hunter_3_dvd_1.4b_us" patch from the downloads section as I had on the install I did at home. When I try to install the patch it gives a message the file "MissionEngine.dll" is unknown and will go no further.
I tried the 1.4 download version and the 1.3 dvd version with no luck....same message.
I uninstalled SH3 and used CCleaner to make sure all registry entries were removed.
I re-installed SH3 as before and tried to do the patch again....same message
Any ideas???
the work computer is nowhere near as good as the home PC:
Pentium 4 2.8GHz
2 Gb
GeForce 7300GS
Which should be good enough to run SH3 with no problems.
So again.....Any ideas??
BitznBites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-14, 04:47 PM   #2
Johnfb
Commodore

Downloads: 292
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitznBites View Post
Ok....I have the SH3 DVD. I installed it on another computer, patched it to 1.4.....and did GWX3 with no problems.
Now I want to install on my work PC (it's cool I can play when nothing is happening here ).
I put in the DVD, did the auto run install, and started the game to the main menu just to make sure it worked. I then downloaded the "silent_hunter_3_dvd_1.4b_us" patch from the downloads section as I had on the install I did at home. When I try to install the patch it gives a message the file "MissionEngine.dll" is unknown and will go no further.
I tried the 1.4 download version and the 1.3 dvd version with no luck....same message.
I uninstalled SH3 and used CCleaner to make sure all registry entries were removed.
I re-installed SH3 as before and tried to do the patch again....same message
Any ideas???
the work computer is nowhere near as good as the home PC:
Pentium 4 2.8GHz
2 Gb
GeForce 7300GS
Which should be good enough to run SH3 with no problems.
So again.....Any ideas??

Patch the work one with the patch / crack used to run without dvd in the drive and that should do it for you....you can then run without having to put the dvdn in.
Johnfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-14, 06:36 AM   #3
Paulebaer1979
Planesman

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitznBites View Post
So you have no problems:
Copy your working SH3/GWX folder to external HDD or DVD/USB-Stick and then to your PC at work. Because you have installed the stock 1.x version first your copy with GWX will run.
Paulebaer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote