Closed Thread

Old 08-13-20, 05:22 PM   #10096
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
You know it is possible that two things can be wrong at the same time. Just because OrangeManBad doesn't mean that Kamala Harris is a flawless politico with no serious history that shouldn't be discussed.

Oh it does because orangemanbad justifies anything in their oh so precious opinions.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 08-13-20, 07:20 PM   #10097
VipertheSniper
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Oh it does because orangemanbad justifies anything in their oh so precious opinions.
Then where are your posts calling out Trump on anything he's done wrong in your opinion? I won't hold my breath. All I have seen in the last 4 years were, sometimes more, sometimes less tenuous justifications how everything he does is fine, or pointing "over there" to distract.

Look I never said Ms Harris can do no wrong, or trying to justify anything she said, I was just pointing out the hypocrisy on display.
Old 08-13-20, 09:16 PM   #10098
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipertheSniper View Post
Then where are your posts calling out Trump on anything he's done wrong in your opinion? I won't hold my breath.

But I don't think that he has done anything wrong, at least not worth mentioning especially in this forum filled with a larger than average contingent of Trump and US hating nuts as it is. Some of his tweets maybe might have been better phrased but I really don't care much about that stuff. I'd rather have a few rough statements over the polished lies we normally get from professional politicians like your Biden and Harris. But i'm guessing however that you aren't talking about that are you. You mean posts where I take the side of the Democrats who I believe are destroying my country. Yeah you probably won't find many of those, sorry.

Quote:
All I have seen in the last 4 years were, sometimes more, sometimes less tenuous justifications how everything he does is fine, or pointing "over there" to distract.

Funny, all I've seen in the past four years is one failed coup attempt after another by the left with their cadre of shadowy career bureaucrats and supporting media. Four years of these would be tyrants trying every trick in the book to overturn the 2016 election because the American people had the temerity to reject them and their globalist visions. The Democrat party and their supporters are like petulant children throwing a temper tantrum until they get their way and God help our country if it works because I firmly believe it will tear this country apart.

Old 08-13-20, 11:38 PM   #10099
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

You don't have to be a "U.S. hating nut" to want Trump gone. I'm a U.S. loving nut and I want him out and lost to history. He's the poison choice for the GOP and it will be a better party without him sooner than later, even if it means Biden to make that happen. If Biden wins you know he will have a rough time of it as well, and then after that there may be a strong candidate.

So much doom and gloom over one election. Everything white and black hats, all or nothing mentality is the bigger threat.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 08-14-20, 01:52 AM   #10100
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

A federal judge has ordered Trumps gang to show evidence for their claim that mail election would forge the outcome. They have time until Friday to bring forward such evidence, or must declare that they just rose a claim. In the past they already had admitted that they have no evidence. Meanwhile Trump has openly admitted that he sabotages the postal service in order to undermine Democratic voter outcome.

Free elections! Close to impossible in the US. The rigging has become part of state reason, cheating part of democratic political self-understanding.

Said judge was called in by Trump himself, two years ago.
Old 08-14-20, 02:55 AM   #10101
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Trump has admitted to slow the mail process in order to curb mail-in voting?

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...history-395024

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 08-14-20, 03:08 AM   #10102
Skybird
Soaring

Oh look, the birther story gets written on! Trump took the old one, deleted "Obama" in it and replaced it with "Harris", and there he goes... Running out of ideas? Or just being predictable?
Old 08-14-20, 07:40 AM   #10103
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipertheSniper View Post
Then where are your posts calling out Trump on anything he's done wrong in your opinion? I won't hold my breath. All I have seen in the last 4 years were, sometimes more, sometimes less tenuous justifications how everything he does is fine, or pointing "over there" to distract.

Look I never said Ms Harris can do no wrong, or trying to justify anything she said, I was just pointing out the hypocrisy on display.
Fair point. I'm sure you have read about internet tribalism:

Quote:
“It turns out that human beings are not wired to be logical creatures that pursue objective truth.” Rauch notes. “We’re wired to be tribal creatures that try and ingratiate ourselves with our group and improve our status within that group. The way we do that is displaying outrage, anger, and hostility to the other group.”
You won't find many people who aren't solidly locked into their tribe, not on the internet, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
But I don't think that he has done anything wrong, at least not worth mentioning especially in this forum filled with a larger than average contingent of Trump and US hating nuts as it is.
Oh man, this forum actually has a smaller than average collection of Trump bashers. Ever hear of Reddit, Facebook, Instagram? Somethingawful? One of the forums I frequented since 2004, Quartertothree, banned me because I referred to covid19 as "Wuhan flu" and would not apologize for it. That forum has a ton of users and activity, all of it virulently anti-Trump.

There's a forum my gf visits, Lipstick alley, and the Trump hate is the whole thing.

We have members who laugh at Trump and despise him, but only a few who routinely post. Honestly, I think the ratio here is pretty good. We want guys with opposing viewpoints to keep us grounded.
Old 08-14-20, 08:00 AM   #10104
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

The forum you mention here is also not unfamiliar to me. Even though what many people know in silence and do not openly admit it, in my eyes there are no better alternatives than DT. And the choice Biden made with Harris will provide more benefits in the time ahead for DT. She does not act in a way that benefits Biden in the long run as Biden's basic attitude is different in many ways, this felt more like an emergency solution.

Marie Curie

Old 08-14-20, 08:40 AM   #10105
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
We have members who laugh at Trump and despise him, but only a few who routinely post. Honestly, I think the ratio here is pretty good. We want guys with opposing viewpoints to keep us grounded.
I think it's fairly 50/50 here, at least those who regularly post these days.

As for Reddit, well it's a newer thing than discussion boards (eventhough it's basically the same thing) so you have younger people there who simply disagree with not only Trump's, but GOP's policies. That said, there are subreddits for conservatives and trump supporters as well.
Old 08-14-20, 10:13 AM   #10106
Skybird
Soaring

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ay-be-n1236713

I read that estimatiosn are up to 50% of Demicreatcic voters may want to vote by mail. No wonder that the Trump sees destruction of the US Mail as a tempting option.

That politicians accept to destroy such fundamental services and historically well-reputated institutions for personal benefits, tells a lot abouth them.
Old 08-14-20, 01:23 PM   #10107
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ay-be-n1236713

I read that estimatiosn are up to 50% of Demicreatcic voters may want to vote by mail. No wonder that the Trump sees destruction of the US Mail as a tempting option.

That politicians accept to destroy such fundamental services and historically well-reputated institutions for personal benefits, tells a lot abouth them.
I suspect a great many politicians from many other countries are little different.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 08-14-20, 02:06 PM   #10108
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

But this is indeed an exception ?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 08-14-20, 02:43 PM   #10109
Skybird
Soaring

Trump destroys the US Mail Service, British governments have eroded the NHS and I think the rail, Germany has castrated the Bundeswehr and ideologizes schools, French presidents try to cut back the unions (and fail).

But who did it in an explicit bid to damage another candidate/party before elections? Only Trump. Destroying a national service/officeand thus: parts of the nation, its conbstitution, for damaging the other's election chances?

One thinks in names like Erdoghan, Putin, Orban, Kaczynski, Xi, to find matching equivalents. Nice company Trump has found.
Old 08-14-20, 02:45 PM   #10110
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Trump destroys the US Mail Service, British governments have eroded the NHS and I think the rail, Germany has castrated the Bundeswehr and ideologizes schools, French presidents try to cut back the unions (and fail).

But who did it in an explicit bid to damage another candidate/party before elections? Only Trump. Destroying a national service/officeand thus: parts of the nation, its conbstitution, for damaging the other's election chances?

One thinks in names like Erdoghan, Putin, Orban, Kaczynski, Xi, to find matching equivalents. Nice company Trump has found.

Trump hasn't destroyed the USPS Chicken Little.

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter