SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-05-17, 02:38 PM   #1
Mitchmaker
Sonar Operator

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 0

a Playable 212A ??? my god thats my baby, i love those boats....a hell to live on but a nightmare for everyone who was trying to hunt us.

thanks so much for that ....
Old 07-05-17, 02:53 PM   #2
LeopardDriver
Bosun

Downloads: 65
Icon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchmaker View Post
a Playable 212A ??? my god thats my baby, i love those boats....a hell to live on but a nightmare for everyone who was trying to hunt us.

thanks so much for that ....
My pleasure! And CaptainX3 and me are working out a viable place for it in the game. Also I will keep improving and updating it. Working masts will be next, also the signature picture and may an individual repair stations picture.

Glad to hear you like it, I love the 212, too!

LeopardDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 11:08 AM   #3
Mitchmaker
Sonar Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardDriver View Post
My pleasure! And CaptainX3 and me are working out a viable place for it in the game. Also I will keep improving and updating it. Working masts will be next, also the signature picture and may an individual repair stations picture.

Glad to hear you like it, I love the 212, too!

I dont just like them, they are my love i served on them and they will be a part of me for the rest of my live. ^^ but yes indeed they are beautyfull. have you ever thought on wokring on a 206 class?
Old 07-06-17, 11:18 AM   #4
LeopardDriver
Bosun

Downloads: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchmaker View Post
I dont just like them, they are my love i served on them and they will be a part of me for the rest of my live. ^^ but yes indeed they are beautyfull. have you ever thought on wokring on a 206 class?
It is really cool you served on them! Man, I would love to make a visit for a day, I would talk to noone, I promise... If you only could tell us some stories, but I guess most stuff is classified. I served on a Leopard II btw, as my name suggests. ^^

Also, I have been thinking about the 206, but it is very unique looking and we do not have a matching model in game at this moment.
LeopardDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 02:22 PM   #5
Mitchmaker
Sonar Operator

Beleve it or not before joining the navy i wanted to joind the tank division ^^. but it pulled me out to the waves....
well most stuff isn't that classyfied. sure some things are but much can be taken from official sources like jane's. there are also some good documentations on youtube showing some things from the 212a.

i would guess some of them could be used to work on a proper model for CW.

In comparison to the other subs from CW the biggest disadvantage of the 212a would be its ridiculous speed. It is to slow to hunt a nuke sub or a convoy at full speed. Top speed can only be maintained for some time until they have to recharge...a kingdom for a reactor. but thats all to technical for this thread. so long good work on that, hope modders will have some day the possibility to mod the 3d models .
Old 07-07-17, 03:03 AM   #6
OrangeFr3ak
Watch

Downloads: 45

Absolutely great to have more subs added, how about including the Oscar II submarine in future?
OrangeFr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-17, 06:25 PM   #7
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 6

MOD UPDATED!

This is a MAJOR update, so please be patient if you spot bugs and report them to me so I can nail them down. Thank you.

Quote:
Absolutely great to have more subs added, how about including the Oscar II submarine in future?
I've got a temporary hold on new sub classes until I can get caught up with adding masts to the ones in the mod. Once that's done, I'll open up to new classes, and an Oscar II is definitely one I'd consider adding.

New Playable Subs & More - A Mod For Cold Waters

https://github.com/CaptainX3/CW-Playable-Subs

"We'll settle this the old Navy way... the first guy to die loses!"
CaptainX3 is offline   Reply With Quote