SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-07, 10:59 PM   #106
Werewolf
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0
Default Engine effeciency

I have a question regarding crew effeciency. I have noticed that since the crew has gotten less efficient then it's impossible to run normal on diesels. Either I am lumbering away on a rediculous 7-8 knots and have a long range or, I am running at 10-12 knots as before, but have to make turns for 14-16 knots and there by I have to use a U-tanker even with a IXD2 boat because of the enormous diesel consumption. This is annyoing....any solution to this problem?
Old 02-19-07, 02:39 AM   #107
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf
I have a question regarding crew effeciency. I have noticed that since the crew has gotten less efficient then it's impossible to run normal on diesels. Either I am lumbering away on a rediculous 7-8 knots and have a long range or, I am running at 10-12 knots as before, but have to make turns for 14-16 knots and there by I have to use a U-tanker even with a IXD2 boat because of the enormous diesel consumption. This is annyoing....any solution to this problem?
I'm not sure what you're pinnin' at mate.:hmm:

The average speed for long range was between 7 to 9 knots. (i favor 9 knot with myIXB.)
A U-Boot was not meant to go fast all the time. Only for the hunt or to catch up with a convoy. Going flak is a huge waste of Diesel.

I face the same problems. The crew in my IXB will eventually start to wane after a long patrol period! Make sure you rotate them well and rest the crew while submerged. (Stormy weather is crew killer!)
Or shorten the watches!

The NYGM crew Mod is one of the best aspect of the mod.

Sorry if i didn't get your questions right!

Old 02-19-07, 02:42 AM   #108
Myxale
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive1
Query for Steibler:

3. I get no spikes with a contact on the vertical green "waterfall" FuMo30 radar screen in the radio room, and the distance to contact dial remains at 00000 although a contact is marked on the nav map and a text contact is presented.
4. I am getting a "Sonar broken..." message at the beginning of the patrol with the Type IXD/2- others seem to have the same problem.
Hi,

do you know if these things are also happening in the stock game or with NYGM 2.2/3?

I think the chances for a reply from the NYGM team are rather small since they have not posted a lot in the last time. Probably it would be better to start a separate thread that more people read. Perhaps someone else can provide some help.

Cheers, LGN1
Some of our mates at W@W are curently looking into that. Have a bit o' patience!

You could load a new test career Kiel and cruise around testing the radar. While going to your Radio room and change the settings on the Radar manually. The range setting fo example! And look for the spike to show or the the radar operato to call out contacts!

The "sonar broken" thingie is an old !Stock! Bug that sadly still exists. Bad, bad Ubisoft....no cookie for you!

Old 02-19-07, 11:43 AM   #109
Werewolf
Sonar Guy

@Myxale:

What I'm pinning at is ineffecient running of the diesel engines. I know that a sub is not supposed to run at flank speed which is my whole point. I do not use the ahead 1/3, standard, full and flank settings, I order turns ie. order the crew to make the diesels make turns for x knots (by clicking on the speed I want on the speed dial, not the engine telegraph). From the information I have, the most effecient cruising speed for a type 9 sub was between 10-12 knots, this is where you get the most effecient advance compared to diesel consumption, especially the type 9D2 was made for long cruises with high speeds of 12 knots. Now comes the point, when I order a speed of 12 knots I only get 8! When I order a speed of 16 I get 12. The engine telegrap´s rough division of quarters of engine power is a sequency of rpm on the engine and to make 12 knots crusing speed should be in the aheah standard area between 200-300 rpm, now with the lower effeciency it is ahead full above 300 rpm, the least fuel economic number of rpm. The conclusion is; the engines have become less effecient than before the 2.4 patch.

In reality the weather could be an effect, this is modelled in the game, but even in clear quiet weather with no wind this phenomenon is the same, so it's not the weather. In reality it could be age and/or badly maintained fuel system, such as fuel injection valves etc., but this is not modelled in SHIII so that leaves only one thing left that I know has been altered since NYGM 2.2, the compartment effeciency! Which is significantly lower than before.

Sorry for a long and maybe to you boring and confusing explanation and my bad English, but this is what I'm pinning at, my point.
Old 02-19-07, 12:44 PM   #110
mountainmanUK
Sparky

Downloads: 23

@Werewolf

Are you by any chance using SH3 Commander, with "Malfunctions and/or Sabotage" enabled? That will give very similar results.
Just a thought!

I do know that the NYGM Team slightly changed things with regard to the basic SH3 speed settings for Slow, 1/3, Standard, Full and Flank speeds. Basically the speed, when selected on the Telegraph, was reduced , with the intention of making Standard speed a more fuel-efficient but slower speed than the "vanilla" SH3 setting. sorry, but I don't know actually how this was done, as I'm not that techy!!!

hope this helps a little!
Cheers
Dave
Old 02-19-07, 02:09 PM   #111
Myxale
Admiral

Mountainman has a point here!

Check first if your not running into sabotage or malfunktion stuff of SH3 Commander.

There is an scenario that makes the Machines consume more Diesel, with only half the rpm-.
Or in your case, where you order 12 knots and the boot is only able to push 8.:hmm:

Old 02-19-07, 08:08 PM   #112
Werewolf
Sonar Guy

@mountain man and Myxale

No, I'm not using SH3 cmdr. with sabotage enabled ..........life in a uboat is complicated enough without having to worry about that as well

But thanks for replying
Old 02-23-07, 06:58 PM   #113
codmander
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 59

NYGM ROCKS!! dont know what/or if theres a fuss about it but i have played both and find nygm a more realistic mod and give a great job done salute to all involved
Old 02-24-07, 08:12 AM   #114
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi,

I think I have found a bug in NYGM. In the campaign files the hospital ship NHSL is used as a british and italian ship. However, I can find the file HSL.cfg only in
.../Roster/Italian/Sea and .../Roster/Brasil/Sea . I guess 'Brasil' should be 'British'. To solve the problem one can just copy the HSL.cfg file to .../Roster/British/Sea . I think one can even remove it from the Brasil directory, but it is not necessary.

If I have checked all the files correctly, I think that the second hospital ship NHOS is not needed anywhere, i.e., in principle one can remove it. However, since it does not hurt, propably it is better to not remove it.

It would be nice if someone could confirm my findings.

Cheers, LGN1
Old 02-25-07, 10:02 PM   #115
Althar93
Watch

Downloads: 89

Hi all,

Is it me, or are all the download links dead? I've tried all the links proposed and I can't manage to get NYGM v2.2.
The only file I managed to get was on Uboat simulation "NYGM_TW_V2.2_Full_Version.7z", and it was corrupted, both times I downloaded it.

Could someone please tell me where to get it, it seems to be an awsome mod.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-01-07, 11:43 PM   #116
Von Manteuffel
Commander

Downloads: 411
Me Too

I've checked every possible source for downloading NYGM. I can find the latest upgrades and a few add-ons, but not the full versio (2.2) or earlier versions to upgrade

Help, please.
Old 03-02-07, 03:11 AM   #117
poor sailor
XO

Downloads: 15

Go to this site http://www.u-boot.realsimulation.com/ and find UBRS download section and then SH3 mods and in that section, there is all version of NYGM mod. I checked right now.
Old 03-09-07, 10:12 AM   #118
wovik
Torpedoman

Downloads: 272

There are dl links on the main NYGM site. http://wolvesatwar.org/nygm/

Click the "Download NYGM" in the menu at the top and it will bring you to the links.

The Filefront link works and has the full 2.2 as well as the 2.4 update and other related files.

The Rapidshare link works but a screen comes up saying it can't find the file.

Of course, it can also be found on the U-Boat RealSimulation site also.

There is also a link for Bittorent link for the 2.2 full version but I can't test that one.

Last edited by wovik; 03-09-07 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-16-07, 10:04 PM   #119
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6

So - does anybody have a working link to the 2.4 update? I D/L'd NYGM 2.2 a while ago, but haven't been back to base for a long time so never got around to installing it - I'd planned to try it out at version 2.4 when I finish my current patrol, but none of the links to the 2.4 update seem to be working for me at the moment.

If the links are busted for now, has anybody got a copy of 2.4 they can upload somewhere?
Old 03-17-07, 02:29 AM   #120
poor sailor
XO

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthercules
So - does anybody have a working link to the 2.4 update? I D/L'd NYGM 2.2 a while ago, but haven't been back to base for a long time so never got around to installing it - I'd planned to try it out at version 2.4 when I finish my current patrol, but none of the links to the 2.4 update seem to be working for me at the moment.

If the links are busted for now, has anybody got a copy of 2.4 they can upload somewhere?
http://files.filefront.com/NYGM2_47z.../fileinfo.html
Closed Thread