SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-17-21, 09:47 PM   #1
David Standish
Nub

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
Default ARB WIDEGUI 1920 X 1080 MOD Install Help #2

Installed JSGME and ARB Widegui, I get an error "unable to start 3D engine" any clue what i am doing wrong?
David Standish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 10:45 PM   #2
Subtype Zero
Lieutenant

Downloads: 7

I believe that error message means you need to apply the 4gb patch.

Subtype Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 08:16 PM   #3
evangel
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 8
Default Simple question

Hey guys. I'm new to submarine simulation games but I'm haing a lot of fun so far with SH3. I saw this mod and have installed it onto my copy of the game (I use LSH3 as my supermod) and everything works EXCEPT on the map screen specific tools are basically "mismatched" as in the protractor and ruler tool graphical elements are not actually on the mouse. It makes it really hard to mark things on the map and get manual targeting info because of this. Does anyone know of a fix or if I've installed something wrong? It would really help me. Thank you so much and keep up the great work on this mod it's amazing!
evangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 08:37 PM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

evangel!
& David Standish!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 10:11 PM   #5
Subtype Zero
Lieutenant

Welcome to subsim, evangel!

I also had this problem and found that it was a conflict between this mod and another mod. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the other mod. It may have been called the extended tools mod, but I'm not entirely sure.

Old 02-19-21, 12:40 AM   #6
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 848

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtype Zero View Post
I believe that error message means you need to apply the 4gb patch.
You're not thinking right. This means that you need to select the minimum desktop resolution or change the video card settings
Old 02-19-21, 12:54 AM   #7
Subtype Zero
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
You're not thinking right.
Not the first time someone has said that!

Old 02-19-21, 04:13 PM   #8
smms.uhu
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 35

Салют! В дополнении к моду ARB WideGui 1920x1080 v0.3.1 есть свободная камера в игре. Как я понял, она лежит в файле Cameras.dat. Скопировав этот файл в оригинальный (4:3) GWX 3.0, я получил смещение шкалы в перископе (сдвинулась вправо ~ на 10 гр). Отсюда мой вопрос - есть ли аналогичный мод для разрешения 4:3 ?
smms.uhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 02:22 AM   #9
Parkkwang
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 70
Default great

great
Parkkwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 03:56 PM   #10
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default quick question

I seem to have lost functionality of my chrono, it's there but doesn't work, using ARB v.04 with OneAlex 1.52

Last edited by Doolar; 12-02-22 at 04:18 PM.
Doolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 04:55 PM   #11
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolar View Post
I seem to have lost functionality of my chrono, it's there but doesn't work, using ARB v.04 with OneAlex 1.52
Hey Jerry, yeah after fooling around and testing we noticed that as well as the attack periscope vertical scale line been drawn over by another set which we know is a onealx file interfering with it, we just don't know which one. CapZap is working on one tailored made for onealex compilation where it removes unnecessary menus/charts/tools that Onealex mod already had and only adds the essential stuff which is the Uzo/periscope views/lens and the bug fixes. He also reached out to Brodaga to see if he may know which file or can install onealex mod and find it for us, I'll send it to you via discord once he has it complete (it will be a lot smaller Mb wise), I'll post it on the Onealex discord as well in announcements channel

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t

Last edited by kyle9154; 12-03-22 at 07:31 AM.
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 07:23 AM   #12
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368

@Brodaga That's what CapZap and I are dealing with, the vertical scale of the attack lens being copied over by something from the onealex mod somewhere, we fixed Doolar's issue of the stop watch not working so all is left is this to fix. We know your mod is fine but we're hoping that with your knowledge of UI you may know which file in the Onelaex mod install is causing the overlap. Once this is solved/fixed then CapZap can release a compatible version that people can load through jsgme.

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t

Last edited by kyle9154; 12-03-22 at 07:38 AM.
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 10:00 AM   #13
Dieselglock
Wolf of the deep

Downloads: 561

[QUOTE=kyle9154;2840718]@Brodaga That's what CapZap and I are dealing with, the vertical scale of the attack lens being copied over by something from the onealex mod somewhere, we fixed Doolar's issue of the stop watch not working so all is left is this to fix. We know your mod is fine but we're hoping that with your knowledge of UI you may know which file in the Onelaex mod install is causing the overlap. Once this is solved/fixed then CapZap can release a compatible version that people can load through jsgme.
[/QUOTE

Along with the chrono and the reticle on the attack scope are you guys also experiencing a double view in the binocular view ?

NYGM STEEL COFFIN V5.5 / Rik007: SH-3 Night surface attack / CCOM12 FIFI / ONEALEX 1.53
Dieselglock is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 02:34 PM   #14
Brodaga222
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi! The reticle appeared because the TychoSh3Patch_v3 mod was not activated. It removes the original reticle and enlarges the map. The patch comes with the mod.

1. Install TychoSh3Patch_v3:
- Copy files in the folder TychoSh3Patch_v3 into the game folder.
- Run the TychoSh3Patch.bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
@Brodaga That's what CapZap and I are dealing with, the vertical scale of the attack lens being copied over by something from the onealex mod somewhere, we fixed Doolar's issue of the stop watch not working so all is left is this to fix. We know your mod is fine but we're hoping that with your knowledge of UI you may know which file in the Onelaex mod install is causing the overlap. Once this is solved/fixed then CapZap can release a compatible version that people can load through jsgme.
Old 12-30-22, 03:01 PM   #15
Petar Stevanovic
Nub

Downloads: 48
Default V 0.4

Hello dear skipper,
I wanted to ask if this version of the mod (0.4) will recieve a hotfix like the previous version (which was 0.3.1 hotfix). Some of the functions don't work like they did in the previous, for instance the ordinary binoculars on the bridge have some sort of glitchy look to them when being used, you cannot zoom in with them anymore (i dont know whether that is intentional or not), also the 3rd person camera for the submarine can no longer zoom all the way inside the sub like in version 0.3.
Thanks in advance!

Petar Stevanovic is offline   Reply With Quote