Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-29-22, 12:08 PM   #3886
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I'm trully sorry you don't get royalties but at least you get credit for the artwork. Will you sign my plate if I find one?
Be glad to, Buddababy - I did a number of others, some of which also appeared on greetings cards:

I still have the painting of "The Red Door" on my wall all year round - I wanted to keep it
Old 12-29-22, 12:33 PM   #3887
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Be glad to, Buddababy - I did a number of others, some of which also appeared on greetings cards:

I still have the painting of "The Red Door" on my wall all year round - I wanted to keep it

Great artwork as always, Eichhörnchen. I will look for some plates / artwork from you as well. Maybe you would be so kind as to autograph mine If I can find any.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-22, 01:01 PM   #3888
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
Great artwork as always, Eichhörnchen. I will look for some plates / artwork from you as well. Maybe you would be so kind as to autograph mine If I can find any.
Yes, but I wonder how that could be done? Be bit expensive! Look on ebay or maybe Amazon (search Royal Doulton plus my name)

I don't make any money from these, though - I got paid a lump sum for painting them & assigning the ceramics copyright
Old 12-29-22, 01:12 PM   #3889
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Some examples here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...liams&_sacat=0

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-22, 01:26 PM   #3890
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

how did your signature come up an 'L' short? Your
Father Christmas plate is priced $25.26!!
https://i.etsystatic.com/20145572/r/...36415_jwuj.jpg https://www.replacements.com/collect...lates/c/474276

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-22, 02:31 PM   #3891
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

Very much appreciated, Jim. Thank you.

Quote:
Yes, but I wonder how that could be done? Be bit expensive! Look on ebay or maybe Amazon (search Royal Doulton plus my name)

I don't make any money from these, though - I got paid a lump sum for painting them & assigning the ceramics copyright

We would certainly work something out.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-22, 03:20 PM   #3892
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
how did your signature come up an 'L' short?
This is one I produced especially for them - my real signature read/reads "G.Williams". It was dashed off on a piece of card for the printers

The cat on Santa's lap is "Tansy", a much missed family pet - Moira used to get very jealous about Tansy, lol

Last edited by Eichhörnchen; 12-29-22 at 03:28 PM.
Eichhörnchen is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-22, 05:49 PM   #3893
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5
Default thought I'd give an update

Though I haven't been posting as much, I have indeed been lurking around the Forums.

Many things have taken hold of my life (Sea Cadets, school, real-life commitments, and relationships) and prevented me from posting as much as I did two years ago. Oftentimes, I find myself too tired to engage in the online community.

My family is well; life has been great, I'm grinding out school work and enjoying life. Over the summer, I got to enjoy the benefits of owning a lake house. I would water ski, tube, and take adventures across the lake. I also got a job working at the local Marina as a dockhand (or whatever the heck my position was, I just did whatever my boss needed me to do)

Recently, I've been working on getting certifications in Emergency Management from FEMA through training provided by the Sea Cadets. Life is good so far and I can't complain.

Don't get me wrong, I do miss when I was engaged with the community (though many users probably didn't like my spam of the threads) I think back fondly to when I crushed everyone in the Whack-a-Squirrel competition two years ago! I am still receiving jokes about my mom sliding me food underneath my door. Y'all make me chuckle

Enough about me. How's everyone else doing? I really like the paintings, Eichh. They look great!

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-22, 06:22 PM   #3894
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

^ Good to hear from you, El Whacko - What did you get? I got given some very nice homemade strawberry jam (jello) from one of my wife's friends on Sunday. I wish I could share it with you - but I expect you get some lovely turkey on your toast under the door at Christmas?

We're still enjoying the holiday in our house - we do the full 12 days, with another big roast dinner on Twelfth Night

Thanks for the compliment re paintings - I did do quite a few for Hallmark Cards some years ago, so you might even have seen these in the US (not the Santa designs, though)

Hope to see you on the next W.A.S. (maybe Easter) so you might have a chance then to get all medieval over Aktung
Old 12-29-22, 06:42 PM   #3895
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:
^ Good to hear from you, El Whacko - What did you get? I got given some very nice homemade strawberry jam (jello) from one of my wife's friends on Sunday. I wish I could share it with you - but I expect you get some lovely turkey on your toast under the door at Christmas?

We're still enjoying the holiday in our house - we do the full 12 days, with another big roast dinner on Twelfth Night

Thanks for the compliment re paintings - I did do quite a few for Hallmark Cards some years ago, so you might even have seen these in the US (not the Santa designs, though)

Hope to see you on the next W.A.S. (maybe Easter) so you might have a chance then to get all medieval over Aktung
Man, strawberry jello sounds great!

I got some pomade, sea salt spray, water-skiing gloves, a bunch of clothes, and some gift cards. 12 Days of constant celebration would be a bit too much for me tbh

The Hallmark thing is cool. My grandma forces me to watch her hallmark movies with her...they're awful. They make me lose brain cells, I swear.

Anyways, I'll try my best to beat Aktung over Easter! Just gotta get in that fighting mind!

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-22, 03:36 AM   #3896
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

cool Assuming I'm "risen " on Easter!

Quote:
^
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Whacko View Post
Anyways, I'll try my best to beat Aktung over Easter! Just gotta get in that fighting mind!
...bring it on...graßhopper!! He that would get all medieval on a medievalist had better better come to the fray well suited and in fighting mind

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 12-31-22, 12:34 PM   #3897
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

cool An excuse not to mow the lawn!

...on day 3 or 4 of constant drizzle from an 'atmospheric river' formation known as the Pineapple Express bombarding the California coastline and Sierra Nevada mountains in massive follow-on waves originating in the tropics. No sunlight for my kittycat's basking, but lots of water for the severely reduced reservoirs water levels. The local floodgated Napa River flows unvexed into San Fransico Bay as downtown Napans are filling sandbags against current issued flood-warnings as I post. That's a small price to pay as the multi-year Western drought is so severe and getting all this rain(in 55⁰ F. temperatures to boot) is the real 2022 Christmas gift! And, we'll take what we can get with gratitude!

Old 01-01-23, 04:58 PM   #3898
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

cool Water water everywhere & not a drop to spare

We're having a bright sunshine 61⁰F day with more atmospheric River yet to come. The good news is: the six California principle "mega-reservoirs which were at 30% are now at 60ish% full. Additionally the Sierra snowpack is at record levels to melt into the water supply come springtime. On the downside: one small town approx 40 miles to the East in the Sacramento Delta has been ordered to evacuate to high ground as the levees along the high rivers have breeched in two places...

Old 01-02-23, 12:45 PM   #3899
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

cool

@ MODERATOR: please move to the 'Young Buna's Travels' thread!

Old 01-02-23, 12:50 PM   #3900
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I shall/must learn to read more about a subject before posting it in our
Who / What / Where Game and not only from a single page.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote