Closed Thread

Old 10-24-14, 04:59 AM   #3436
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
With migrants causing problems in Calais, its wonderful to see the UK help by spending $19 million dollars to help set up camps for them over there! If I start acting up over here in the States, will you spend $19 Million on me?

http://news.yahoo.com/france-sends-p...115307822.html
Viewed as a bit of a joke here in the UK but Cameron is desperate to put a curb on illegal immigrants in the run-up to next years election.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 10-25-14, 04:26 AM   #3437
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Viewed as a bit of a joke here in the UK but Cameron is desperate to put a curb on illegal immigrants in the run-up to next years election.
Too late, far far too late.

Any how Toff Boy the schoolyard bully is now wetting his pants over coughing up money for the EU the big baby.

Quote:
Europe expects the UK to pay an extra £1.7bn towards the EU budget "and that's that", a vice president of the European Parliament has said.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29769726

That is what you get when you put drug dealing and prostitution in to the GDP to boost those figures to look good.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 10-25-14, 07:38 AM   #3438
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

He's certainly painted himself into a corner with this one and added weight to those who want to leave the EU.

I reckon Farage was right when he said on last nights news that it is time to decide if we want to remain a member of this club.

Old 10-26-14, 09:12 AM   #3439
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

I reckon Farage was right when he said on last nights news that it is time to decide if we want to remain a member of this club.
Problem as I see it jim, Cameron will word the question in a certain way and the BBC would back up the Tories to the hilt and slam UKIP, BBC not bias sure.

That is too say if we got the referendum before the general election. Cameron is banking on the EU scrapping these in/out referendums which will suit him well.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 10-26-14, 09:37 AM   #3440
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 0

Did David Cameron just click agree without reading the terms and conditions to the EU?
Old 10-26-14, 10:14 AM   #3441
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Problem as I see it jim, Cameron will word the question in a certain way and the BBC would back up the Tories to the hilt and slam UKIP, BBC not bias sure.

That is too say if we got the referendum before the general election. Cameron is banking on the EU scrapping these in/out referendums which will suit him well.
It will be the death of any of the big parties that don't concede to the majority opinion of the UK electorate and seeing as how opinion seems to be leaning to a loss of credibility for them all, UKIP might just be the spark that lights the fuse of change and accountability.

Won't be long now before the referendum topic will outweigh the NHS the way things are going.

Old 10-26-14, 10:21 AM   #3442
STEED
Lucky Jack

Panic over miss read it.

Last edited by STEED; 10-26-14 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-26-14, 10:48 AM   #3443
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A link would be helpful but my understanding is the current position is a 33% tie between the Tories and Labour.

Old 10-26-14, 11:10 AM   #3444
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Meanwhile, I wouldn't count on Labour doing well enough in Scotland to be of any help at Westminster - Johann Lamont resigned as Scottish party leader yesterday:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/po...labour-4502273

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29770169

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-29770207

She lobbed quite a broadside at Milliband as she did it....

Even Wee Eck's joined the attack:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-29774086

Speaking of him, he hasn't ruled out returning to Westminster next year to lead the SNP group there:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...r-Salmond.html

I did write earlier not to underestimate him... Sturgeon would probably be quite happy if he did, it's keeps him out of her hair at Holyrood!

Next years election is going to be very, very interesting. Either way, I think Labours in deep doo-doo at the moment, trapped between UKIP in England and the SNP in Scotland. Rock and a hard place springs to mind.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 10-26-14, 12:34 PM   #3445
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Angela Merkel has said that David Cameron's plans to limit immigration are incompatible with the EU's freedom of movement act.

I think she maybe getting mixed up with Germany's 1939 freedom of movement act, where they marched into any country that took their fancy.
Old 10-27-14, 07:53 AM   #3446
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Well the English Channel is no longer such an impenetrable barrier.

Old 10-28-14, 12:32 AM   #3447
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Jogger in PM security alert had 'no idea' what happened

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29784493

Us Leeds lads dont piss about toffboy
Old 10-28-14, 06:37 AM   #3448
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossMark View Post
Jogger in PM security alert had 'no idea' what happened

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29784493

Us Leeds lads dont piss about toffboy
I just wish it was....

The Phantom Flan Flinger

Old 10-28-14, 08:48 AM   #3449
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Good job a bullet didn't end the encounter...probably would have in a few other countries.

Old 10-28-14, 12:24 PM   #3450
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Sarah Boyack throws her hat into the ring to lead the Scottish Labour Party:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...our-leadership

TBH, never heard of her until now......

I did like this from the comments at the bottom of the page, so all recognition to the poster:

Quote:
SARAWAR'S EPISODE 2 : ATTACK OF THE BLAIR DRONES

One upon a time, in a Parliament far, far away, the Empire is in chaos. Emperor Miliband, feared leader of the Imperial Masters has become aware of growing discontent, threatening his plans for.domination of the universe. After thinking carefully about it for a year, he realises that swift action is urgently required.
He consults his deputy Alexander, dark master of the art of rendering people unconcious with the mere sound of his voice. After consulting the entrails of a focus group, a clever two prong plan is hatched to stamp out resistance on the rebel planet of Caledonia.
To distract attention, Prince Anas, hereditary ruler of Glasgow Central and heir to the Punjab, is assigned to create a display of self preening, guaranteed to capture the attention of the media. Striding over the state school educated scum, he declares himself as a mere mortal, astounded to be considered such a lunimary of the Empire. When questioned as to who had ever described him as a luminary, he cleverly evades.
Meanwhile, an ancient weapond designed and built by one of the Emperor's predecessors has been prepared in great secrecy..General Jim Murphy has been given command of the Death Star, an Irn Bru crate, in which he will orbit the planet Caledonia, bombarding it into submission with his megaphone. His orders are to eliminate all resistance.
But on Caledonia, the not quite Rebel Alliance, are not without hope. After many adventures, including the betrayal of a close colleague and a bit of a kicking in the Sunday newspapers, Prince Lamont has finally reached her destination. She carries with her plans which reveal that General Jims defences are curiously vulnerable to being shouted back at, particularly by old ladies. Furthermore, blueprints of the Death Star reveal that a single, well placed egg may cause critical damage and defeat the attack, forcing General Jim to take the weekend off.
The elderly leaders of the Rebel Alliance, McConnell and McLeish, watch in concern as their new, top secret, LfS Fighter Craft are fuelled and armed with cartons of eggs. They are aware that their young pilots, fresh from the rebel academy of Holyrood, have little experience of the universe outwith Caledonia. Who will step forward to lead the attack?

To be continued......

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.

Last edited by MGR1; 10-28-14 at 12:41 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics