Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-20, 02:04 PM   #8626
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

Then your gonna be happy about him wanting to take your Guns?
Old 02-13-20, 02:09 PM   #8627
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Yes common sense. That seems to be lacking in American politics. They appear to be failing on all counts.

Fixed that for ya.
Old 02-13-20, 02:29 PM   #8628
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Peace - a state or period in which there is no war or a war has ended.
I doubt that will happen with the Dems anytime soon!

Seeing as a new investigation is starting!
I know wrong word. It should have been Piece

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 02-13-20, 09:27 PM   #8629
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I don't have any problem with his stop and frisk tactics

You don't? I'm surprised Neal.

You know that this wasn't a uniformed officer stepping up to a citizen and saying "Excuse me sir may we see what is in your pockets?" type of program. This was an undercover cop suddenly and violently grabbing a random person walking down the sidewalk, slamming them up against a wall, groping them extensively then telling them to piss off if nothing was found. That's not America.

You (not you Neal) can't just ignore a persons supposedly constitutionally guaranteed rights in the name of expediency. That Bloomberg guy has a penchant for authoritarianism and is a gun grabber. I don't want him anywhere near the Oval office.
August is online  
Old 02-14-20, 01:44 PM   #8630
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Pretty funny that AG Barr is telling Trump to shut up now too.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51506976

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is online  
Old 02-14-20, 01:55 PM   #8631
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Pretty funny that AG Barr is telling Trump to shut up now too.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51506976
Good on Barr. High time he did.
Old 02-14-20, 01:57 PM   #8632
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Or maybe they could be thinking

"The news says it...no one likes Trump...it doesn't matter who we put forward as our candidate we will win..peace of cake"

Markus
They made this mistake the first round. I would hope they are smart enough to see this happening again.

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 02-14-20 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-14-20, 02:08 PM   #8633
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post

A rich billionaire that hates President Trump running on the "I hate Trump ticket"

I think Bloomberg has a real shot, if he gets one on one with Trumpy. He's not afraid to fire back, and he's a real billionaire who has actually done things in the business world, whereas Trump is a
low rent con artist by comparison. Bloomberg has to overcome the smears that he was too tough on minorities when they were trying to reel in crime. I don't have any problem with his stop and frisk tactics, but in these SJW days it is a problem.
Bernie will not do well. He needs someone to reach across and pull him by appearance to the center. Someone like Warren as VP. She will not nor will any of the others.

Bloomberg will not overcome the "Stop and Frisk" issue. AOC has been trumpeting against Bloomberg. Sadly, she has a following. I understand you don't have an issue with stop and frisk until you are the one getting stopped and frisked. It is a big problem for Bloomberg. But, he has latched his lips to Obama's butt via commercials not only talking about Obamacare but has a spot with Obama in the commercial(old footage). It then makes it appear Obama is endorsing Bloomberg. To my knowledge that has not occurred. Bloomberg will look to buy the election. He has the capital. He is in his late 70's. He can not take it with him so he might as well blow millions on a campaign. Personally, he should put that money towards something constructive in a community or charity instead of being childish with a "I hate Trump" tour and will do anything to beat him because he makes fun of his vertical stature.

This election season will be a wild one. The debates, if Trump decides to participate, will be quite entertaining. And to add to the mix....I'm sure the House is formulating yet another impeachment for something.

Looking forward to predicting this election round and winning another Subsim t-shirt. Love to all!
Old 02-14-20, 02:17 PM   #8634
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post

You know that this wasn't a uniformed officer stepping up to a citizen and saying "Excuse me sir may we see what is in your pockets?" type of program. This was an undercover cop suddenly and violently grabbing a random person walking down the sidewalk, slamming them up against a wall, groping them extensively then telling them to piss off if nothing was found. That's not America.

You (not you Neal) can't just ignore a persons supposedly constitutionally guaranteed rights in the name of expediency. That Bloomberg guy has a penchant for authoritarianism and is a gun grabber. I don't want him anywhere near the Oval office.

I agree. Stop and Frisk was carte blanche for the cops. Bloomberg is not good for the country. His commercials are full of catch phrases(Obamacare/gun control) and aligning himself with Obama. It is a falsehood. Obama would never endorse stop and frisk. That is so when we look at 2009 Beer Summit. Racial profiling. Yes sir, Bloomberg has a stench about him.
Old 02-14-20, 04:04 PM   #8635
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Any Billionaire that mentions 'Gun Control' is highly suspect as I see it!

I'd bet money he employees a Security Team with more fire power then most of us will ever own!
Old 02-14-20, 04:55 PM   #8636
August
Wayfaring Stranger

August is online  
Old 02-15-20, 01:29 AM   #8637
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

I get stopped and searched regularly in Moscow because I fit the local profiling (single young adult male with a bag wearing a muslim style beard).

I do not really see a problem when such searches are conducted by officers in a polite, professional manner.
Old 02-15-20, 09:43 AM   #8638
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
I get stopped and searched regularly in Moscow because I fit the local profiling (single young adult male with a bag wearing a muslim style beard).

I do not really see a problem when such searches are conducted by officers in a polite, professional manner.
Clearly you've never met an American police officer. Granted most of them are are professionals who are called to do an extremely stressful and difficult job but as usual it's the bad ones people tend to remember the most.
Old 02-15-20, 10:22 AM   #8639
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post

I'm totally in favor of broken windows policies and stop and frisk. When crime in an area becomes epidemic like Baltimore or Chicago, I think the Army should be sent in for a weapons sweep. A lot of the killing and crimes are committed by people who have outstanding warrants for crimes, we need to get the weapons out of their hands. Studies have shown that stop and frisk had no effect on crime or robbery rates--of course studies show that, they always turn logic on its head, that's part of the fun of "studies". So we won't have a return of S&F in any case. Coupled with reducing sentences, decriminalizing drug offenses, and prison reforms, crime will continue to rise until we are back in the 70s and people have had enough.

I'm not PC, I don't think Bloomberg is "racist" for stating the obvious. In our society "you're racist" is the instant shut up response. I don't care about color, all I see are people who obey the law and those who break the law and distress the rest of us. People that think Bloomberg advocated going after minorities in high crime areas for reasons other than getting bad people off the streets are racist. People should keep in mind that most of the people killed by minority criminals are themselves minorities.

I'm not panicked about the gun grabbing of Bloomberg at all. He may be successful in universal background checks, which I am in favor of, and possibly passing a new high capacity magazine/assault weapon ban, which I don't like but could live with. But his power as President to repeal the 2nd Amendment would be limited and no more successful than Obama.

Bloomberg does not fit my "perfect candidate" profile but he is a lot better than Bernie or Warren, and I would vote for him over the goofy clown we have in office now. Any day.
Old 02-15-20, 11:22 AM   #8640
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Well that's where you and I differ. Sending in the military to oppress the people has been tried before at a place called Concord Bridge. If the US government ever adopts your view lets hope they get the same respose as the British did.
August is online  
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter