SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-06-20, 11:06 AM   #226
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

That is no "coup". A very huge number of retired high ranking militaries, as well as all four living former presidents, the -still active minstre of defence and the already fired minstre before him, hvainjg been a respected high ranking soldier himself - they all "come together" and stand themselves up in Trumps way, to protect their country against him.

Trump is the danger and the enemy here. These retired soldiers all stand by their oath to protect the country and its people. A bit late that enlightenment finds them, but at least it happens.

Its a desperate - and determined? - effort to stop the amok run of this abusive human flame thrower. The Trump that we see now - would be the Trump we see in the coming four years if he is allowed another term, we wpould then act without remorse and would not need to fear any conseqeunces. And that is a nightmare perspective.

He must be stopped. At all costs. At any means. He must be stopped, for he has the potential to really destroy your county completely. And maximising damages to the world.

I would even accept a coup to stop him - but a coup is not what thse retired commanders and presidnets and ministries now do. It is an attempt to save the country and the military from Trump.

A coup would be if Trump could have it his ways. He has often enough fantasized on what he woulkd like to do and like to see beign done and happening. Laws and legal siotzuaitons and limits were of no concern to him then. Always spilling more and more napalm into the fire. A maximum of dispise for other people not obeying his will to power.

This man has just one concern: TRUMP. And he is set to rip America completely apart for this ambition. What is left of its former, hear-sayed unity at least.

We see a culmination point of all what has gone wrong in American politics in the past 20, 30, even 40 years. And its racism policy as well. It all culminates now, and it must become the decisive turning point. Else it will make America implode. And if it implodes, it then either becomes a failed state, or a fascist police dictatorship.

The funny part is I recall that I said this already in the wake of the debates on the Iraq war, 2003 and following. The growing militarization of the police and the growing divide between the poolitical camps was visible in superstark contrast already back then, with the latter reaching back even more decades before that, going back to the end of the Vietnam war at least. Carter vs. Reagan at the latest were the turning point when the political dualistic system of the US broke apart. A last lullaby sung by Reagan, and after that it was shockwaves mounting on shockwaves only.

Everbyody here knows that I usually call for people to boycot elections and not to legitimise any party or any politicians for anything. I dsaid often enoigh what I think of campoaiugns and elections, and hiow flawed the whole system is, and that it is not even democratic in ancient Greek meaning. And I take not back a single word from all that. But Trump has gotten me so far that I am willing to break with my own rule. I say go voting, and vote for Biden. Biden will be a joke of a president. He will be lame, and tired, and maybe will not even last a full term, to me he is not really the brightest intellectual light out there, and the chance is big that during his speech on the state of the union he will fall asleep at the microphone. Well, all that is better than four more years of Trumpian destruction and hatespeech and lies and vitriolic fog poisoning the air. Vote for Biden. Not due to conviction or sympathy, but due to desperate need. The alternative would be far more violent.

To make this clear once again: my support for Biden starts and ends with just having Trump removed, not more than just this. Beyond that clearly defined purpose I hold not one quantum of respect or trust either for him nor for his party. I would recommend to vote for Miss Piggy from the Muppet Show if that would be the key to get rid of Trump.
Old 06-06-20, 12:02 PM   #227
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
He must be stopped. At all costs. At any means. He must be stopped, for he has the potential to really destroy your county completely. And maximising damages to the world.

I would even accept a coup to stop him - but a coup is not what thse retired commanders and presidnets and ministries now do. It is an attempt to save the country and the military from Trump.
Lets ask a simple question here. Do you have any evidence for this kind of rhetoric? What precisely has he done? And I'm not talking about bad governance or hiring and firing people. And I don't mean his policies. And I don't mean what he is saying. Yes he is a blowhard who brags and belittles his opponents. It is dispicable behavior but is it illegal or unconstitutional?

Let's ask another question which I hope you will answer. Is there any evidence that President Trump is using the Office of the Presidency, the Department of Justice, the FBI and the intelligence agencies to thwart the campaign of Joe Biden? Because it is now becoming abundantly clear that his predecessor, Barrack Obama did just such a thing.

I am far more concerned about what politicians do than what they say.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 12:30 PM   #228
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
.... A very huge number of retired high ranking militaries, as well as all four living former presidents, the -still active minstre of defence and the already fired minstre before him, hvainjg been a respected high ranking soldier himself - they all "come together" and stand themselves up in Trumps way, to protect their country against him.
Ummm, I think you just defined a coupe or probably better defined as a "boardroom coup" which is to unseat an existing executive. Hasn't this boardroom coup been the goal all along? Nothing to be concerned over huh? I beg to differ.

“The death of George Floyd on the streets of Minneapolis was a grave tragedy. It should never have happened. It has filled Americans all over the country with horror, anger, and grief,” Trump said at the outset of remarks at the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Fla., after viewing the historic SpaceX launch.

“I understand the pain that people are feeling. We support the right of peaceful protesters and we hear their pleas. But what we are now seeing on the streets of our cities has nothing to do with justice or with peace,” Trump continued. “The memory of George Floyd is being dishonored by rioters, looters, and anarchists.”

“No one is more upset than fellow law enforcement officers by the small handful who fail to abide by their oath to serve and protect,” Trump said.

“In America justice is never achieved at the hand of an angry mob. I will not allow angry mobs to dominate,” Trump said, declaring it “essential” that the “rule of law” and independent justice system be protected.

Now what is it again I'm supposed to be afraid of? What are all the glorious military Generals protecting me from? What gave them the right to condemn and openly criticize a duly elected official and their Commander in Chief? What laws did the president break to garner such open rebellion? I get it, you dont like Trump, a lot of people dont but its no reason for such things to happen then get lectured how its for my own good.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-06-20 at 12:41 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 12:55 PM   #229
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:

Calm down, this isn't your government.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 01:39 PM   #230
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Skybird, this might be time to seek professional help.
Old 06-06-20, 02:19 PM   #231
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

@ Sky. you are way out of line here. It's ok to make observations regarding the Happenings in the U.S. Calling for the head of a foreign Govt to be removed by means of a coup is way out out of bounds. The U.S Govt Has checks and balances built in to keep things in balance.

The U.S like any Nation has it's issues. With the good people here in the U.S, our situation will be resolved as it should be. I think you should refrain from throwing any more rocks, if you get the picture.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 02:29 PM   #232
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
By how it behaved especially towards Germany in the past three years I could swear it does not know that.
Old 06-06-20, 03:24 PM   #233
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
The U.S Govt Has checks and balances built in to keep things in balance.
I must be dreamnign that I still must read such things. Since three years I see these things failing with flying colours and trumpet fanfares.

But then, the NSDAP was voted to power, and Hitler formally absolutely correctly got announced as Reichskanzler bei Hindenburg. Formally, all that was correct and according to the laws. But then, the tyranny later, the crimes committed by the state and its organs, all were legally excused, all based on valid laws of that time. Some parts of Germany's modern legislation are the same as back in that time, or bases on them!

You can have compliance with all such rules, and nevertheless the evil comes to power, legally, formally correctly (thats what make sit so tricky to resist it and to stop it whuile there sitll is time), and untouched by checks and balances.

Later many Germans said in Nürnberg they were just following orders. Orders given by superiors who then acted on grounds of higher orders - and legal authorizations. The same principle then worked again later after the war, during the Soviet occupation and the reign of the SED in the GDR. They acted within the reach of the laws in that country. The crimes they committed, were legally no crimes, not by their own laws.

Your country as well, every country in the world, is vulnerable to such processes. the basis for safeties and checks and balances failing in the end almost always is complecancy with the status quo and or/the legacy one enjoys as a heir.

If your checks and balances would work, it would not need a full term or even two terms to get rid of a malicious imposter in office abusing the powers he has been given for his own private, personal interest. The past three years prove two things: the weakness and indiffernce of the Democrats, and the failing of the system itself. Itr has not what it takes to stop somehtign like Trump. The designers of this system probably just could not imagine something like Trump ever happening.

Sorry, but your country is as normal as so many others as well. And your politics are as broken as in almost all other countries as well. Maybe even more so. Welcome amongst the rest of us.
Old 06-06-20, 03:47 PM   #234
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

After reading Skybird's latest comment. A question popped up.

Isn't there some kind of "safety laws" that prevent an elected President turning into a Dictatorship ?

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 04:24 PM   #235
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
If your checks and balances would work, it would not need a full term or even two terms to get rid of a malicious imposter in office abusing the powers he has been given for his own private, personal interest.
The checks and balances were put in place to remove a President if he engages in criminal or treasonous activities. Tweeting isn’t one of those activities.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 04:27 PM   #236
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Every system of government needs an enemy. For the German government they use Germany's past as the enemy to steer the public mind. So I'm not surprised by his comments and fears of dictators

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 04:54 PM   #237
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Do NOT blame Trump for all these problems USA have.

These problems have, what I understand, been there for years if not decades.
The American should blame every elected politicians there are in USA.

I guess the American voters are like the Europeans
Their trusted politicians cradle them quietly, by saying what they like to hear.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 05:05 PM   #238
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Their trusted politicians cradle them quietly, by saying what they like to hear.

Markus
Indeed! Cradling constituents is the very definition of 'politics'... from the Latin expression : "Julius Caesar was every woman's man...and every man's woman!"

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 06:39 PM   #239
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Which has also been taught to venerate its military and after 911 its police, everyone wants to be a soldier.

Maybe we've become a warrior nation.

Now we have Generals publicly criticizing the civilian Commander in Chief. That IMO is the most scariest part of all of this. A soft military coup.
I almost think it is anti-American for an ex-general ( perhaps they are like the POTUS always a general) to talk bad about the President. Generals can't do it in war time while serving the USA, but they can vent their view afterwards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Come on sky your really hurting on this one ... your cruising for a bruisng. I appreciate all of your help on staying off grid amid a currency crises coming, but on American politics you suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
Skybird, this might be time to seek professional help.
When two out of three agree don't forget to ask August too

Quote:
By how it behaved especially towards Germany in the past three years I could swear it does not know that.
You must of heard by now that President Trump has ordered 10,000 troops to leave Germany without asking NATO

I just woke up from a nap of watching the protesters from one end of this country to the other end and still no memorials for the cops shot in the back of the head ... I guess that's okay cause he was a cop.

Then I get on my favorite forum GT and see this crap going on
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 07:54 PM   #240
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:

While Defending Rioters, The Media Ignores Slain Black Police Officers

Violence directed at cops is being ignored, and innocent victims aren't having their stories told when it won't fit the media's narrative. It has to end.
Two terrible things just happened only days apart. In Oakland, during anti-police protests outside of a federal courthouse, federal protective service officer Dave Patrick Underwood was killed in a drive-by shooting that was targeted at the police. Another officer was shot but survived.
The killing of Underwood, a black American, has only appeared in a few national outlets—one of which was the Wall Street Journal. Cable news outlets CNN and MSNBC, meanwhile, appear to have completely ignored Underwood’s killing. At best, they glossed over it.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/05...lice-officers/
August is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
police, riots