SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-05-08, 07:57 PM   #346
jamz
Sailor man

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Well, the sh4speech app works great as far as recognition goes, looking at the dos window, it selects tubes perfectly well. Problem is, it doesn't reflect in the game.

The Balao, with six forward and four aft tubes, goes like this, after resetting all tubes and "I have ten tubes": Tubes 1 through 6 (all forward tubes) work normally. Any command involving tubes 7 through 10 activate on tube 6 (the last forward tube)... i.e. "open tube 8" opens tube 6. "open tube 9" then closes tube 6 (being opened by last command).

Starting with "I have eight tubes" (even though I have ten) results in tubes 1 through 4 working normally, and all tubes after activating on tube 4.

Starting with "I have six tubes" has the same result as the eight tube setup.

I also can't figure out the push to talk part. I've put the PAUSEBREAK line in the top of the push-to-talk csv file, restarted speech, and it doesn't seem to matter.
Not a big deal, now I just say "You have the conn" to pause it and "I have the conn" to resume. (actually it's "eye of the con" which suits the way I say it a bit better. :p )
jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-08, 10:16 PM   #347
billko
中国水兵

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz
I'm actually running across the aft tubes issue now as well in a Balao class boat.

1280x1024 with the latest TMO and 1.5 patch going. I'll mess with it later tonight to try to troubleshoot it.

My wife asked me who I was talking to last night in the basement! :rotfl:

My only issue is that my mic is too sensitive, and the Microsoft VR software tries really hard to interpret any sound at all as a word. Shuffling papers on my desk, moving things around gets interpreted as multi syllable words.
Jamz, that is so weird. All the program does is simulate "W" presses until it gets to the right one. The whole idea behind "I have x tubes" is so that the program can know what the number of the last tube is so it can wrap around to tube one.

If the application was somehow miscalculating the tubes, everyone would be having the problem... :hmm:

About your other problem... you can assign a "push to talk" mouse button or key. That should help a lot. I had the same problem.

Bill
Old 09-06-08, 09:53 AM   #348
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 23
Default Jamz

So it's not just me with the aft tubes, LOL. That's good to know.
tomoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-08, 06:47 PM   #349
jamz
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by billko
Jamz, that is so weird. All the program does is simulate "W" presses until it gets to the right one. The whole idea behind "I have x tubes" is so that the program can know what the number of the last tube is so it can wrap around to tube one.
Aha. A new piece of the puzzle for me, as I always had selected the tube with the mouse. Pressing "w" only cycles through my forward tubes, it does not ever go over to the aft tubes. So sh4speech is working correctly, it would seem to be my key combo or installation or something! Tomoose, will your manual W keypress work normally, or is your setup like mine where it doesn't work with the aft tubes?

Edit: Now I see it, the "E" key cycles through the aft tubes. What the heck? Must be part of a new Trigger Maru Overhauled setup maybe?
Old 09-06-08, 07:21 PM   #350
jamz
Sailor man

Default Wooohoo!

I think I fixed it! There was some older information in one of the .csv files.

After discovering that W cycles the forward tubes only, and E cycles the aft tubes only, I dug around the key_commands.csv file and saw that line 55 sets the aft tube cycle to the Y key, which was possibly from an older TMO version, I'm guessing. I changed it to the E key (even though it said "Do not change the ID for this!"). I also noticed that the emergency surface command was still linked to the E key so I just deleted that line, which results in a sh4speech error as it tries to find line 35. Which makes sense because TMO no longer has a key command for emergency surface- it's a button now. So I or better yet, someone smarter than me has to map out the button and parent tab for the blow ballast command.

Anyway, fish control is looking good, although I do wonder why no one else has the issue. I'm thinking now that I downloaded an older version of sh4speech or something, I'll have to look into this.

Edit (again) Maybe this skipper isn't as dumb as his crew thinks. I think my version is the latest. To make the emergency surface command work, delete all line 35 in the voice_commands.csv file, find line 95, and insert this line: "503,Emergency Surface,Blow Ballast,". This will go in preceeding line 504, and will make the BLOW BALLAST!!!! voice command work. Now I have properly working fish, and the ability to get to the top after a signature reckless attack that goes all wrong. :p

Last edited by jamz; 09-06-08 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-06-08, 09:08 PM   #351
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz
I think I fixed it! There was some older information in one of the .csv files.

After discovering that W cycles the forward tubes only, and E cycles the aft tubes only, I dug around the key_commands.csv file and saw that line 55 sets the aft tube cycle to the Y key, which was possibly from an older TMO version, I'm guessing. I changed it to the E key (even though it said "Do not change the ID for this!"). I also noticed that the emergency surface command was still linked to the E key so I just deleted that line, which results in a sh4speech error as it tries to find line 35. Which makes sense because TMO no longer has a key command for emergency surface- it's a button now. So I or better yet, someone smarter than me has to map out the button and parent tab for the blow ballast command.

Anyway, fish control is looking good, although I do wonder why no one else has the issue. I'm thinking now that I downloaded an older version of sh4speech or something, I'll have to look into this.

Edit (again) Maybe this skipper isn't as dumb as his crew thinks. I think my version is the latest. To make the emergency surface command work, delete all line 35 in the voice_commands.csv file, find line 95, and insert this line: "503,Emergency Surface,Blow Ballast,". This will go in preceeding line 504, and will make the BLOW BALLAST!!!! voice command work. Now I have properly working fish, and the ability to get to the top after a signature reckless attack that goes all wrong. :p
Way cool, dude! I'm glad my discussion sent you off in the right direction!
Old 10-13-08, 07:13 PM   #352
Matilda
Seaman

Downloads: 57
Default Nice program

Good work on this program. Getting used to editing the file structure took me a couple of minutes, but once I got used to it, I found sh4speech to be very versatile. Thanks for the work and thanks for making it available to the community.

Last edited by Matilda; 10-14-08 at 01:08 AM.
Matilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-08, 12:05 AM   #353
Matilda
Seaman

Default Need info from the man

minsc_tdp I have a good handle on editing my .csv files to setup what I need from the keybd command list. But somethings that I want to do have no commands. What tools did/do you use to make your mouse macros. And what are you using to map coordinates on screen so that you have a starting point? This BTW is what sets your program apart from any other speech program I have seen so far. The ability to change dial settings via voice command is great. I am ready for the next step and that is editing button commands. I see that you aren't on the forums as much as you used to be, so I'll be patient. You can either answer via forum or PM, I look forward to picking your brain. Thx.
Old 10-15-08, 08:59 AM   #354
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilda
minsc_tdp I have a good handle on editing my .csv files to setup what I need from the keybd command list. But somethings that I want to do have no commands. What tools did/do you use to make your mouse macros. And what are you using to map coordinates on screen so that you have a starting point? This BTW is what sets your program apart from any other speech program I have seen so far. The ability to change dial settings via voice command is great. I am ready for the next step and that is editing button commands. I see that you aren't on the forums as much as you used to be, so I'll be patient. You can either answer via forum or PM, I look forward to picking your brain. Thx.
I believe this info is contained in the CSV_File_Structure.htm document? (Or can be inferred, as the origin of the coordinate system.)

Bill
Old 10-15-08, 04:25 PM   #355
Matilda
Seaman

Default Thx billko

Thx billko, the info is there or at least a ref point is listed there. So, I can trial and error the rest (I hope). That gets me started. I'd still like to E-speak with minsc_tdp, but your ref will keep me going for now.
Old 10-15-08, 11:42 PM   #356
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilda
Thx billko, the info is there or at least a ref point is listed there. So, I can trial and error the rest (I hope). That gets me started. I'd still like to E-speak with minsc_tdp, but your ref will keep me going for now.
I know it's not much to go on. I apologize for that.

Bill
Old 10-16-08, 06:11 AM   #357
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 23
Default Good news

Jamz;
thanks for the research. Hopefully minsc_tdp is reading this and can fix the files in question (I'll probably screw it up but I'll give it a shot).
cheers,
Tomoose
tomoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-08, 03:46 PM   #358
Scavone
Nub

Downloads: 16

I have a bit of a problem here. After installing the Microsoft SDK as instructed, I ran the batch file. when the dos window opens, it repeats the same command line "restarting speech engine" over and over. The guy who posted last on this thread also had the same problem, so I know there's at least two of us with this error.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...566#7311020566

Is anyone else having this problem? I've never been more excited about any SH mod so I would greatly appreciate any help to get this thing working.
Scavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-08, 08:39 PM   #359
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavone
I have a bit of a problem here. After installing the Microsoft SDK as instructed, I ran the batch file. when the dos window opens, it repeats the same command line "restarting speech engine" over and over. The guy who posted last on this thread also had the same problem, so I know there's at least two of us with this error.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...566#7311020566

Is anyone else having this problem? I've never been more excited about any SH mod so I would greatly appreciate any help to get this thing working.
Hi there:

What does your startup screen look like? It should look something like this:
D:\sh4speech\dist>voice 1680x1050 stock 5
sh4speech 2.21 by Minsc (Erik Knepfler)

Specified resolution: 1680x1050 (change under sh4speech.bat)
Using command set: stock

Caching stock key_codes.csv
Caching stock voice_commands.csv
Caching stock key_commands.csv
Caching stock variables.csv
Caching stock tubes.csv
Caching stock command_bar.csv
Caching stock dials.csv

PRESS TO TALK MODE ENABLED USING MIDMOUSE KEY
YOU MUST HOLD THIS KEY TO BE RECOGNIZED!
CHANGE IN csv files/press_to_talk.csv

Listening...
Bill
Old 10-18-08, 03:16 AM   #360
Scavone
Nub

Downloads: 16

First of all, thanks for the response. This is what mine displays....

C:\shSpeech\dist>voice 1024x768 stock 1 right sh4
shSpeech 2.54 by Minsc (Erik Knepfler)

Specified resolution: 1024x768 (change under sh4speech.bat)
Using command set: stock
Delay multiplier: 1 (change under sh4speech.bat)
Mouse hand: Right-handed

Caching stock key_codes.csv
Caching stock voice_commands.csv
Caching stock key_commands.csv
Caching stock variables.csv
Caching stock tubes.csv
Caching stock command_bar.csv
Caching stock dials.csv
Listening...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "hear.py", line 18, in <module>
File "win32com\client\gencache.pyc", line 529, in EnsureDispatch
File "win32com\client\__init__.pyc", line 95, in Dispatch
File "win32com\client\dynamic.pyc", line 98, in _GetGoodDispatchAndUserName
File "win32com\client\dynamic.pyc", line 78, in _GetGoodDispatch
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147221005, 'Invalid class string', None, None)
Restarting speech engine...

This part will keep repeating over and over. Does the newer version still require ActivePython and Active Pearl? I installed those prior to downloading sh4speech 2.54. I had to have done something wrong, I just have no idea what.

Scavone
Scavone is offline   Reply With Quote