Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

http://www.dw.com/en/ax-attack-at-d%...ion/a-37877626
Old 03-09-17, 07:46 PM   #2762
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Isn't this the terriorism thread material?
Old 03-09-17, 07:55 PM   #2763
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

This...is the terrorism thread?

Apparently the chap they've arrested was from somewhere in the Balkans.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-17, 12:19 AM   #2764
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
This...is the terrorism thread?

Apparently the chap they've arrested was from somewhere in the Balkans.
I am pretty sure that originally it was in GER thread.
Old 03-10-17, 07:12 AM   #2765
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
I am pretty sure that originally it was in GER thread.
Ah, could have been, and been moved.

Admin moves in mysterious ways.
Old 03-10-17, 02:31 PM   #2766
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I'll use this thread-´cause I really don't know where to post my comments

For month I have been wondering about the relation between Russia and Turkey, I have been thinking of write about it here in Subsim and maybe this thread. I knew that a majority of you would disagree with me.

Until this afternoon, where I heard an expert/an analyst talking about the lastest meeting between Erdogan and Putin

"Turkey is on the fast track to leave NATO"

When I heard these words I thought-Then my thoughts was that much wrong.

It also makes clear why Europe and USA is treating Turkey as spoiled child in many way-They will do anything to prevent this from happening.

Some more thoughts

What will happen with all the NATO stuff in Turkey if this happens
What about the Geopolitical situation in the Mediterranean if Russia is allowed to build and place a fleet at some Turkish harbour(thinking if Russia would move their Black sea fleet to this new location ?)

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-17, 03:17 PM   #2767
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

In pure military sense Turkish Navy would make a bigger local difference than the Russian Navy's Black Sea Fleet.
Old 03-10-17, 04:08 PM   #2768
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
In pure military sense Turkish Navy would make a bigger local difference than the Russian Navy's Black Sea Fleet.
I really don't know which fleet is biggest I was more thinking in a geopolitical and strategic way

As I know-Mediterranean is almost NATO's own bath tube and Russia have to fight its way through (forgot the name) or take the long way from Murmansk to enter the Mediterranean

If Turkey leave NATO and joined some alliance with Russia and give them permission to place one of their fleets at some harbour that give them directly access to the Mediterranean

So much do I know-if that happens the geopolitical and the strategic situation in the Mediterranean will change.

Markus
Old 03-10-17, 04:17 PM   #2769
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

I think you misunderstand the treaties.

USSR (and it's successor states - ie Russia) had (and we still have) free passage through the straits into the Mediteranian region unless Turkey is at war. In the past Turkey never closed the straits to us.
On the other hand out of region states - for example USA are limited in the presense they can have in the Black Sea region.

This implies that the advantages we would gain from Turkey leaving NATO (and entering into some kind of bilatteral relashionship with Russia) would come in the form of eased logistics (with the forward supply bases) and changed correlation of forces and means (should Turkey enter an alliance with Russia that alliance would completely dominate the Black Sea region and would exsert considerable influence into the eastern Mediteranian due to the added strength of Turkish Navy).
Old 03-10-17, 04:29 PM   #2770
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
I think you misunderstand the treaties.

USSR (and it's successor states - ie Russia) had (and we still have) free passage through the straits into the Mediteranian region unless Turkey is at war. In the past Turkey never closed the straits to us.
On the other hand out of region states - for example USA are limited in the presense they can have in the Black Sea region.

This implies that the advantages we would gain from Turkey leaving NATO (and entering into some kind of bilatteral relashionship with Russia) would come in the form of eased logistics (with the forward supply bases) and changed correlation of forces and means (should Turkey enter an alliance with Russia that alliance would completely dominate the Black Sea region and would exsert considerable influence into the eastern Mediteranian due to the added strength of Turkish Navy).
Thank you for explaining it for me.

It wouldn't make any difference from how it is now and if Russia and Turkey joined forces, if I understand it correctly

Markus
Old 03-10-17, 05:15 PM   #2771
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Thank you for explaining it for me.

It wouldn't make any difference from how it is now and if Russia and Turkey joined forces, if I understand it correctly

Markus
Well there would be difference - we would get better logistics, better position in both Black Sea and Mediteranian due to the support from the Turkish forces.

Amusingly Black Sea for a long time has been considered by the Western experts to be the vulnerable underbelly of Russia while it turns out to be a strong Bastion of sorts.
Old 03-11-17, 11:46 AM   #2772
Skybird
Soaring

German shopping mall evacuated and shut down after threats of an incoming terror attack. German media report that order for the attack should have come from IS.

http://www.dw.com/en/two-arrested-af...ack/a-37906145

A planned multiple suicide bombing. Two arrests so far. The Great Deceiver is said to be fuming.

Just 2 1/2 weeks ago another Salafist wannabe-massmurderer was arrested in Lower Saxony over charges of planning an attack.
Old 03-11-17, 12:09 PM   #2773
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Of course the suspects where Buddhist monks.....So this has nothing to do with Islam.

On a serious note it always amazes me how our security forces actually get most of these oxygen thieves before they can carry out their attacks.
Old 03-11-17, 12:17 PM   #2774
Oberon
Lucky Jack

How's that Muslim axe guy from Dusseldorf doing?
Old 03-11-17, 12:42 PM   #2775
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
How's that Muslim axe guy from Dusseldorf doing?
Police says that is a man with psychic problems who ticked out due to a stressful situation he could not bear. No word on his ID, but terror background was ruled out. Whether "psychic problems" now means he is a white German schizophrenic patient, or just some Northafrican proud male who could not stand to not be treated like a king by unthankful Germans not knowing how formidable he is, I do not know.

We have enormous problems over here with Eritreans and Ethopians, police says when the mikes are switched off. They are hyper-aggressive, hyper-sensible, extremely hostile to female officers and absolutly rejecting any form of authority confronting them. Many are fraudster abusing the German asylum system and milking cash from it by running up to two dozen indentities, cashing wellfare for each of them. Which shows to what degree German authorities really are masters of this asylum process.

My favourite story is that of this fare dodger from Eritrea who was found to have been confronted by the law 189 times before, masturbated before train passengers repeatedly, maintained I think 19 identities, cashed for each of them - and every court and judge again and again said he should not be kicked out and should not be jailed. And every time he was arrested by police he turned violent.

No, we certainly are no bad evil Nazis anymore, really - believe it, World, will you. Angels pale in envy when seeing our servile patience.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-11-17 at 12:55 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
terrorism