SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-31-23, 11:09 AM   #46
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368
Uploads: 0

Okay i must have misunderstood you then, if the values are good as is and it doesn't affect other sensors then that's fine. I'll wait for you to optimize this mod with the Lod and patch values and then try the mod again with my MFM full version for onealex. Let us know when you re-upload the revised version and take all the time you need best to check every nook and cranny to improve performance on the mod.

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-23, 11:31 AM   #47
rik007
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 117

Thank you Kyle!

These are my measurements:

Test 1: OneAlex: 250-270 FPS
Test 2: With moon mod + Environment: 200
Test 3: With moon mod + Environment + Patches=90 + Lod factor=15: 250-270 FPS

As you can see if we adjust the patches & lod factor the performance is as before. So you raised a good point!

Feedback helps!

rik007 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-23, 11:32 AM   #48
rik007
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
.. Let us know when you re-upload the revised version and take all the time you need best to check every nook and cranny to improve performance on the mod.
YES!
Old 01-06-24, 01:43 AM   #49
rik007
Seasoned Skipper

Hello everybody!

Release candidate 1.18 just arrived please check post #1.
Old 01-06-24, 04:18 AM   #50
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Thanks rik. Fyi, the mod has never affected my load times either including onealex/mfm. Must have mod that corrects some of the many unrealistic, arcade aspects of SH3.
Old 01-06-24, 05:58 AM   #51
rik007
Seasoned Skipper

Thank you very much John! I did everything to steer away from the arcade aspects else I would have never put it online.
Old 01-06-24, 06:13 PM   #52
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 816

Icon14

Hey rik007...
Thxxxl for this...
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-24, 02:59 PM   #53
Dieselglock
Wolf of the deep

Downloads: 560

I have been testing this mod for a while with NYGM enhanced V5.0 I have seen no difference in loading times with or without the mod activated. In my opinion this is a must have mod. I don't think I could play without it now.

NYGM STEEL COFFIN V5.5 / Rik007: SH-3 Night surface attack / CCOM12 FIFI / ONEALEX 1.53

Last edited by Dieselglock; 01-08-24 at 09:43 AM.
Dieselglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-24, 08:08 AM   #54
kyle9154
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Thanks rik. Fyi, the mod has never affected my load times either including onealex/mfm. Must have mod that corrects some of the many unrealistic, arcade aspects of SH3.
Unfortunately after further testing the latest version, this mod causes ctd at end of loading bar screen with my MFM (full version) for Onealex if you start a patrol during Jan-Mar 1943 (just try it and see). If you use the lite version of the merchant fleet mod then it works during all periods of the war.

Conclusion....the 'full' version ship pack for Onealex is adding a lot of resource load (adding 85 more ships to a mod with over 300 ships already) which is pushing the SH3 engine to its limit even with good cpu, performance ram and M.2 SSD. There's nothing more to be done, I even changed LOD factor from 12 -15 and still had crash but as soon as I remove SH5 mood mod and moon mod settings for Onealex then the MFM full version for Onealex works again during all periods of the war including Jan-Mar 1943. So if you want to play a career around Jan-March 1943 using the 'full version' then make sure to disable the moon mod and moon mod settings from your JSGME. That late in the war they will pick you up on radar so moon mod is not really useful at that time anyways, if your playing an early war career then everything should be fine in conjunction with the moon mod.

Last edited by kyle9154; 01-18-24 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-18-24, 08:59 AM   #55
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Unfortunately after further testing the latest version, this mod causes ctd at end of loading bar screen with my MFM (full version) for Onealex if you start a patrol during Jan-Mar 1943 (just try it and see). If you use the lite version of the merchant fleet mod then it works during all periods of the war.

Conclusion....my ship pack for Onealex is adding a lot of resource load (adding 85 more ships to a mod with over 300 ships already) which is pushing the SH3 engine to its limit even with good cpu, performance ram and M.2 SSD. There's nothing more to be done, I even changed LOD factor from 12 -15 and still had crash but as soon as I remove SH5 mood mod and moon mod settings for Onealex then the MFM full version for Onealex works again during all periods of the war including Jan-Mar 1943. So if you want to play a career around Jan-March 1943 using the 'full version' then make sure to disable the moon mod and moon mod settings from your JSGME. That late in the war they will pick you up on radar so moon mod is not really useful at that time anyways, if your playing an early war career then everything should be fine in conjunction with the moon mod.
In that case, it's the MFM mod or something else that kicks in during the time period you mention that is causing the ctd, not necessarily the moon mod. Since the lite version of the mfm mod doesn't cause ctds, that would seem to narrow the issue down.
If the moon mod was a problem, it would cause a ctd regardless of the time period.

With the very long needed "realism" fixes the moon mod provides, (it's not just about the moonlight) adapting the full mfm mod to prevent any ctds with the moon mod in use would seem to be a logical path, if one wants to use the full mfm mod. The moon mod's fixes are much more important than how a ship looks or how many different types of ships there are.
But each is free to play the game as they wish.

Last edited by John Pancoast; 01-18-24 at 09:14 AM.
John Pancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-24, 10:28 AM   #56
kyle9154
Commander

Quote:
In that case, it's the MFM mod or something else that kicks in during the time period you mention that is causing the ctd, not necessarily the moon mod. Since the lite version of the mfm mod doesn't cause ctds, that would seem to narrow the issue down.
If the moon mod was a problem, it would cause a ctd regardless of the time period.

With the very long needed "realism" fixes the moon mod provides, (it's not just about the moonlight) adapting the full mfm mod to prevent any ctds with the moon mod in use would seem to be a logical path, if one wants to use the full mfm mod. The moon mod's fixes are much more important than how a ship looks or how many different types of ships there are.
But each is free to play the game as they wish.
I don't think it has anything to do with an issue in my MFM for Onealex, because then why does it work in all times of the war with the full version without moon mod, but as soon as I add moon mod it doesn't?

.....I will tell you why because both mods use up resources and full version of MFM already pushing the SH3 engine to its limit that it can't handle to much more in terms of mods in JSGME mods that use up resources i.e. HD sea floor mod, particle effects mods, environment mods that add greater view distance etc. Pretty soon i may remove some older ships from the full version and swap them out with new ships made by Alex B but so far full version works on its own for whole war. Its the same reason why the WAC 5.1 interiors mod can work with base Onealex mod but can't work with any of the versions of my MFM because of memory resource overload. I've seen every ship in my mod at one point or another in the war in my many careers and patrols, all of them sail and look just fine, sinking characteristics are good too.

Old 01-18-24, 10:31 AM   #57
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 439

Quote:

Conclusion....my ship pack for Onealex is adding a lot of resource load (adding 85 more ships to a mod with over 300 ships already) which is pushing the SH3 engine to its limit even with good cpu, performance ram and M.2 SSD. There's nothing more to be done, I even changed LOD factor from 12 -15 and still had crash but as soon as I remove SH5 mood mod and moon mod settings for Onealex then the MFM full version for Onealex works again during all periods of the war including Jan-Mar 1943. So if you want to play a career around Jan-March 1943 using the 'full version' then make sure to disable the moon mod and moon mod settings from your JSGME. That late in the war they will pick you up on radar so moon mod is not really useful at that time anyways, if your playing an early war career then everything should be fine in conjunction with the moon mod.

Quote:

Kyle,

I would have to agree with John, I had no real issues testing the Moon Mod with GWX Onealex, though I do not have your MFM mod installed currently. I will try it with your current versions and see what happens. I was able to run Rik's mod with no real issues in NYGM and WAC for what it is worth. My focus was testing on NYGM, others were tasked to tested GWX more extensively.

Yes, your are correct that once radar comes on the scene, moon lighting on night surface attacks becomes a moot point. I still like the overall atmosphere the mod provides and it still is a factor in visual spotting and I really like the transition of the weather.

Rik has made the mod part that is installed, not large at all. But this comes down to what I have been saying for a while, some versions of SH3 needs to go on a diet. There are loads of redundant files that are unnecessary, especially in sub interiors. Fifi has worked on this and gotten rid of a lot of them. That is why NYGM runs well I feel, even if it does not look the same with all of the eye candy applied. But I digress.

Will test MFM for GWX Onealex later today. Let you know.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-24, 10:35 AM   #58
kyle9154
Commander

I agree, there is a lot of redundant files in the onealex mod and can/should be optimized but alas Alex hasn't been around to maintain his mod due to the war in Ukraine. I can only maintain what I make and test on a constant basis, test it out with the moon mod and moon settings for Onealex during the time I mentioned (February 1943) which is the busiest time of the war in terms of campaign resources.

Old 01-18-24, 02:43 PM   #59
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Kyle,

Here we go so far.

Installed the MFM Full over the moon mod, had no overwrites. CTD at the end just before opening in Central.

Uninstalled MFM Full and installed MFM Lite and again had no overwrites and GWX fired right.

Uninstalled MFM Lite and the Moon Mod and reinstalled MFM Full. CTD again.

Ran SHValidator and came up with the following 12 errors :

Reading C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\East India Type
********* C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\East India Type\East India Type.cfg missing! *********

Reading C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\M11B
********* C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\M11B\M11B.cfg missing! *********

Reading C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\M17B
********* C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\M17B\M17B.cfg missing! *********

Reading C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\NKBL
********* C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\NKBL\NKBL.cfg missing! *********

Reading C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\NKCA
********* C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\NKCA\NKCA.cfg missing! *********

Reading C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\NKLK
********* C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\NKLK\NKLK.cfg missing! *********

Reading C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\NKLS
********* C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\NKLS\NKLS.cfg missing! *********

Reading C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\NKSQ
********* C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\NKSQ\NKSQ.cfg missing! *********

Reading C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\NLL
********* C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\NLL\NLL.cfg missing! *********

Reading C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\NLOV
********* C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\NLOV\NLOV.cfg missing! *********

Reading C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\NPMB
********* C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\NPMB\NPMB.cfg missing! *********

Reading C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\NPPB
********* C:\SIlent Hunter III GWX Onealex Edition\data\Sea\NPPB\NPPB.cfg missing! *********

This may be the reason for the CTD's , as I will have to go and track down what is going on with these missing .cfg files.

Will install MFM Lite and run SHValidator again and see what comes up. I will post any results if found.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

Old 01-18-24, 02:56 PM   #60
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Figured out what it is, duplicate files i.e. East India Type vs EastIndia Type.

Make a fix and try this all again.