SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Indie Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-06-15, 03:04 AM   #76
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Didn't get much done today. Will finish the model tommorrow.

Underwater Camera Effects: confirmed feature:
"Fringe, Color Grading, DOF, and other settings in a Post Process Volume below the water surface."

Water Drop/Stream Effects: confirmed feature:
"A Post Process blendable Screen FX with water drops and small streams of water running down the screen when the camera moves back up out of the water."

So is rain/sleet/snow so as you progress through time, and different biomes you'll get different weather effects. May even implement historic or random hurricanes/typhoons/tropical storms.

We are working on a full calender system so that the moon and sun rises and sets in the proper place and time according to time of year and location.

If peformance allows too, fish and whales and such will be implemented to swim past at random intervals which you would see with the external camera, on the bridge, through the periscope, or portholes/windows/cameras on the sub classes that have them. Its a goal, but I'd like to implement them "fuzzying" the sonar readings and large whales maybe even radar? Sea life has AI and are attracted to the player but are scared by sounds and moving close to them inwhich case they will flock and move around the player.

Also there is a fully functional swimming implementation, I'll probably remove it for extra performance but it could be cool to play out the "send SEAL team to this location" missions as the actual soldiers. Mix up FPS with simulation genre. Change of pace. Also could make it so under extreme flooding you could swim to the surface and be "rescued" for a large time advance and the loss of your boat/mission.

Last edited by nsomnia; 03-06-15 at 03:20 AM.
nsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-15, 11:41 AM   #77
nsomnia
Weps

Me and my most likely co-founder teammember are laying down the groundwork for the game this weekend. Expect big updates.
Old 03-06-15, 03:36 PM   #78
nsomnia
Weps

Got Nautilus imported into Unreal from Blender just fine with its rig. Now the planes and the rudder and the screws can be animated in game. Just waiting for the new version of th eocean project that was supposed to come out sometime today and we're starting the project officallly
Old 03-06-15, 04:31 PM   #79
Chad
ACE

Downloads: 60

Very nice! Can't wait to see it
Old 03-06-15, 05:43 PM   #80
nsomnia
Weps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Very nice! Can't wait to see it
For now
Old 03-06-15, 10:11 PM   #81
nsomnia
Weps

Talked with my co-founder for 2 hours tonight. It sounds like this is gonna become something alot faster than I anticipated. He already has the ability to make ships patrol and fire at enemys and have planes fly overhead in patrol areas + the ocean stuff. I need to catch up fast.
Old 03-07-15, 10:35 AM   #82
nsomnia
Weps

radar

Todays goal: learn to make GUIs in Unreal Engine, my teammemeber has the basic game logic more or less finished already, so we've assigned me to learning how to code/script the GUI.

Also switched to a private bitbuket repo. We will still be releasing certain things though open-source.
Old 03-07-15, 11:17 AM   #83
Chad
ACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsomnia View Post
For now
I will be watching this later today!
Old 03-07-15, 03:11 PM   #84
nsomnia
Weps

Ok need your guys input. To get an alpha out faster we are thinking of skipping most of the explorable interior at least for now and leave it as a 2d side view of all the compartments in one of the corners where you can see the crew and yourself moving and interact with things but the 3D exterior view is still viewable at the same time and if you wish you can switch to full screen 2D side view of the interior or 3D first perseon view of the bridge and attack center + control room.

Opinions?

I dont have any pictures cause I forgot to take a printscreen during one of our Skype calls but you guys are going to be pleasantly suprised.
Old 03-07-15, 06:24 PM   #85
Chad
ACE

It is a start! I'm perfectly fine with this approach
Old 03-07-15, 10:36 PM   #86
nsomnia
Weps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
It is a start! I'm perfectly fine with this approach

The main reason I'm going along with it (for now) is that it would be must faster to implement. Maybe once he sees my video of a half hour of everytyhing about silent hunter 5 he will change his mind. But it will lengthen the devlopment time signficantly every compartment we need to add.
Old 03-08-15, 03:29 PM   #87
nsomnia
Weps

The ocean script, with our own scripts to make the boats have AI, and my model and thats about it for now.

Old 03-09-15, 11:42 AM   #88
nsomnia
Weps

Can a moderator apply the title change to my OP? OR am I stuck with the original and would have to start a new thread?
Old 03-10-15, 02:23 PM   #89
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

PM the forum moderator if he doesnt see this

Nice project, good luck with it will be watching
Old 03-10-15, 07:17 PM   #90
nsomnia
Weps

We are working on getting the physics of a submarine working right and then will be releasing a demo which will just be the campaigns tutorial level