SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-08-05, 04:36 PM   #16
DarkShip
Mate

Downloads: 217
Uploads: 0

I built the sfx exactly the same way in both sims... Believe me, I know it, I did it so many times with SC!!
At the time, I thought it was related to the size of the new wav files added or replaced with Sound Editor.
My sfx got quite larger with the Boomer pack, Hyperacoustics mod and other Sonarman files; I also added some larger files for the shrimps and whales... I wasn't very surprised to hear the clicks!
Old 09-08-05, 05:15 PM   #17
OlegM
Engineer

Downloads: 7

Forgive me for continuing to ask stupid questions...

Did you change your PC or some hardware in it in the meantime (between SC and DW sounds)?

AGG file structure remained the same, so that can't be the reason...

O.
OlegM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-05, 05:50 PM   #18
DarkShip
Mate

Downloads: 217

Yes...
Changed computer (PIII to IV) and sound cards (Creative, MuseSurround 5.1, now SB Audigy 2ZS plat. 7.1)... but the click problem remains regarding SC!!
Whether I use the sfx built on my old pc or new ones made from scratch on the actual pc, I still hear the clicks.

It's not hardware related, IMO.

Quote:
AGG file structure remained the same, so that can't be the reason...
Won't be so sure about that. I'm no computer wizard and won't argue with the experts but adding/replacing files in the sfx must be the original problem. Switching back to the original sfx cures the clicks.

I'd like to have JSteed's opinion on this...
Old 09-08-05, 06:26 PM   #19
OlegM
Engineer

Downloads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShip
Won't be so sure about that. I'm no computer wizard and won't argue with the experts but adding/replacing files in the sfx must be the original problem. Switching back to the original sfx cures the clicks.

I'd like to have JSteed's opinion on this...
Actually I meant hardware used to *build* the AGG, not the sound hardware used for reproduction.

I may be stupid, but all I am able to conclude is that, somehow, AGGs, built on your NEW PC, using the SAME files (Ivans voice pack) and SAME tool (jsteeds Sound Edit 1.02) somehow sound different than on my PC, or your old PC.

There's one way to check this... I'd have to listen to your click-less, perfect AGG on my PC (and ineaddly you'd have to listen to my bugged AGG on your PC).

So yes I'd like to have your 28 MB Akula AGG after all

But please, don't send it via mail... do you have any FTP or HTTP server where you could place the file temporarily for me to download?

Oleg
OlegM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 05:43 PM   #20
DerGilb
Nub

Downloads: 11
Hi,

I have the same nasty clicks when building an agg-file. If I extract the original wavs, they are somehow corrupted (so says Soundforge), have now a click too. My guess would be, that the editor is for what reasons ever (SP2...?) no longer working properly. Someone out there who could provide me with russian Akula and Kilo aggs?

Спасибо и пока,

Der Gilb
Old 02-22-08, 06:10 AM   #21
globo
Nub

Downloads: 2

hi all
I saw what when you extract sounds with the tool...
if you want eliminat all the "clicks...." you will have to edit all souds 1 by 1 whith a sound editor.
(you will see normaly a big pick in the 1st seconds of the sound...)
you have to cut this part before bebuilt the .agg file

lol...
globo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-08, 08:45 AM   #22
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShip
Oleg,

Installing the russian voices is quite easy (I asume you are talking about Crazy Ivan's Mod).

This mod replaces the original voices of the Akula and/or the Kilo crew.
As usual, we need jsteed's Sound Editor (v1.02) to edit and modifie the .wav files in the sfx.agg files.

Follow the steps below to modifie the Akula sfx.agg file (...DW\Interfaces\AkulaII\ sfx.agg).

- First, make a backup of the original sfx.agg and store it safely.
- On your desktop, unrar Crazy_Ivans_Russian_Voice_Mod.rar; you'll get 4 files:
.Akula_.rar
.Kilo_.rar
.Rus_Subs_Voice_Common.rar (actually, there are 10 common.rar files, part 01 to 10, but as they are all the same, you'll only need one of them)
.and Rus_Voice_Patch_Instructions.rar, the readme file.

- Create a folder on your desktop and copy into it jsteed's Sound Editor and the sfx.agg file (from ...DW\Interfaces\AkulaII\).
- Now unrar the Akula.rar and Rus_Subs_Voice_Common.rar from Ivan's mod and copy from both folders all the .wav files into the above mentionned folder.

-Now the sweet step, launch jsteed's Editor:
.Hit file\open and select the sfx.agg file to be modified. (Watch the sfx.agg .wav files displayed in the editor's left window)
.Hit once again file\open and first modify the file type from .agg to .wav; then select all the .wav files and click ok. (--> the new .wav files are now displayed in the editor's central window)
.Hit "select all" below the editor's central window (this highlights the new .wav files)
.Finally, hit the "Replace files" button and watch the process in the event log window on the right.

You are done with the newly modified AkulaII sfx.agg file.
Now, copy this file into your ...DW\Interfaces\AkulaII folder.

Enjoy the new russian voices.... Thanks to Ivan!!

You may also want to keep a copy of this file; rename it (sfx_Akulla_Russian.agg for ex.) and store it with the original Akula sfx.agg file.

To modifie the Kilo sfx.agg file, go through the same process with your ...DW\Interfaces\Kilo\ sfx.agg file and use the Kilo_.rar file instead of the Akula_.rar file from Ivan's mod.

-------------------------

In my case, I don't have any strange clicks since I modified my sfx files in DW ( I did though, when I had tweaked the sfx in SC)

-------------------------

I also suggest you install Negr's great Russian Akula Panels for a really immersive DW.
BTW, Negr when will your Kilo panels be ready? I just can't wait to get those... :P
I could never get it to work, I need to try this again.:hmm: