Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-24-20, 05:28 AM   #1771
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Let's let the good doctor speak for himself. Here he is on CBS’s Face the Nation yesterday.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1241780902906265601

Yea .. you know it is kinda funny. The Trump Derangement crowd has a problem. Like most people they want this crisis to pass. And they want it to pass with the least loss of life and the least economic and social disruption. But damn there is no way that they could live with the possibility that President Trump will get even a little credit for seeing America through this. I simply watch in amazement at this conundrum.

Yeah, let's let Dr. Fauci speak for himself; that is, unless he's contradicting Trump; it has been noticed Dr. Fauci has been missing from the last two briefings; the White House and Dr. Fauci have been downplaying the absence, but it does seem a convenient coincidence it occurred just after the public facepalm of Dr. Fauci and the rising number of questions as to why Dr. Fauci, a highly regarded and respected expert in the field of viral infections is seen having to constantly correct the inaccuracies, wild exaggerations, and outright lies spouted by Trump at the briefings. Fauci has been kind of functioning as a sort of lifer Non-Com having to deal with on overeager, inexperienced, woefully under-qualified 90-Day Wonder 2nd Lieutenant who, based on very little practical knowledge and experience butts in and second guesses, wrongly, everything the Sarge is doing to accomplish the mission; the guy may be technically your superior in rank and technically in command, but you've got to do your best to keep the Lt. from tripping over his own shoelaces, jeopardizing his troops, and fouling up the mission, all while trying not to get busted down or brigged for ill-perceived insubordination. In prior crisis or national matters requiring levels of specific expertise, effective past Presidents have very wise sought out the best in the required fields, outfitted them with the necessary materiel and manpower, and stepped back out of the way to let them do what they were best qualified and equipped. Micromanagement is very, very often a very, very poor method of successfully completing a task, and micromanagement by leadership ignorantly incapable of dealing with the objectives is the worst...

Fauci is the preeminent authority in his field; Trump is not: simple as that. The Chump-In-Chief should just go back to binge watching Fox News, calling Hannity so he can hear Sean gush all over him, and playing with his Twitter account. He should just let the grownups do the work that needs to be bone and stop pestering them. Maybe I should put it this way: if you really think letting someone with next to no abilities actually be in charge and make decisions about life and death matters, then I would suggest, the next time you go into the doctor's office for a serious health issue, have the receptionist do the exam, make a diagnosis and prescribe treatment; it makes just as much sense as listening to Trump...

Personally, and its just a personal preference, I tend to trust the words of experts over idiots...

Quote:

Yea .. you know it is kinda funny. The Trumpette crowd has a problem. Like most people they want this crisis to pass. And they want it to pass with the least loss of life and the least economic and social disruption. But damn there is no way that they could live with the possibility that President Trump will screw the pooch even worse than he has on other matters in the past, possibly taking lives in the process. I simply watch in amazement at this conundrum.

Fixed that for you, no charge...

BTW, this is the full transcript of DR. Fauci's Face The Nation interview, of which your cited passage was just one paragraph, in fact, the last paragraph:

Transcript: Dr. Anthony Fauci discusses coronavirus on "Face the Nation," March 22, 2020 --

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/transcr...march-22-2020/

A good op-ed piece on Fauci and Trump:

Thank God the Doctor Is In ---

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/21/o...rus-trump.html

Quote:

Still, Trump managed to have an hourlong press conference about public health guidance in which he relentlessly ran afoul of public health guidance.

He wants to think of himself as a wartime president, but he can’t rise above his pettiness and defensiveness long enough to stop trashing White House reporters who are simply trying to do their job under perilous circumstances. He also can’t move away from his old standby, xenophobia.

Trump has never understood anything about government, so he doesn’t know what the C.D.C. versus the F.D.A. versus FEMA should do. His improvisational leadership style was vividly — and disturbingly — on display Friday during a call with Chuck Schumer, who urged him to invoke the Defense Production Act to get ventilators and masks to desperate states — despite the president’s cavalier remark a day earlier that the federal government is “not a shipping clerk” for the states. “Then POTUS yelled to someone in his office to do it now,” a Schumer spokesman reported.

Trump is just a petrified salesman who believes in perception over reality. He thinks if he can create the perception that this is going to be a quick fix and there’s a little pill coming, then the stock market will roar back, along with his 2020 momentum.

With F.D.R. and the Great Depression, the only thing to fear was fear itself. With Trump and our new abyss, we have to fear not only fear but also the ignorance and misdirection of the White House and the profiteering of senators. Not to mention the virus.

...and another interview where Dr. Fauci is able to 'speak for himself':

‘I’m going to keep pushing.’ Anthony Fauci tries to make the White House listen to facts of the pandemic --

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...facts-pandemic

Quote:

Q: At Friday’s press conference, you put your hands over your face when Trump referred to the “deep State Department” (a popular conspiracy theory). It’s even become an internet meme. Have you been criticized for what you did?

A: No comment.

<O>
Old 03-24-20, 05:31 AM   #1772
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ What the... and WHY?
I have not heard of exactly such, but other cases of disturbing the health services here.
In the US, nurses have been insulted as "virus spreaders". What is going on in some heads

Maybe they're getting their cues from that funny orange person who always jabbering gibberish on TV...

<O>
Old 03-24-20, 06:04 AM   #1773
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Maybe they're getting their cues from that funny orange person who always jabbering gibberish on TV...
Give it a rest man. Now is not the time for it.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 07:05 AM   #1774
vienna
Navy Seal

Coming from you, that's a rich statement...

So, you got some guy selling his own brand of "Snake Oil" and you sometimes get results like this:

'Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure': Woman whose husband died after ingesting chloroquine warns the public not to 'believe anything that the president says' --

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...edium=referral

Quote:

The wife of an Arizona man who died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate to protect himself from the novel coronavirus spoke out Monday to urge the public not to "take anything" or "believe anything" without talking to a healthcare professional.

"We saw Trump on TV — every channel — and all of his buddies and that this was safe," the woman told NBC News' Vaughn Hillyard of President Donald Trump. "Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure."

Quote:

Asked what her message to the American public was after what she and her husband went through, the woman told NBC News: "Oh my God, don't take anything. Don't believe anything that the president says and his people ... call your doctor."

"Please educate the people," she added, according to audio of the conversation that Hillyard posted to Twitter. "It feels like, like my heart is broken and it'll never mend. It's just broke, dead. Like my husband. My husband is 68. We're healthy. No underlying — no diabetes or lung issues. Nothing."

This is why its so important to make people aware that Trump and his idiocies can be and are harmful in this time of the Covid-19 crisis. The analogy I made in my earlier post about having the receptionist in your doctor's office give you a diagnosis: even that would be better than putting any faith in Dr. Trump, The Quack...

<O>
Old 03-24-20, 07:09 AM   #1775
vienna
Navy Seal

Vying for the title of biggest idiot, the next candidate:

Older people would rather die than let Covid-19 harm US economy – Texas official --

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...al-dan-patrick

<O>
Old 03-24-20, 07:23 AM   #1776
vienna
Navy Seal

Trump’s Boosterism Of Unproven COVID-19 Cures Has Huge Unexpected Consequences --

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/c...s-rheumatology

Quote:

When Donald Trump boosted an old anti-malaria drug on Thursday as a potential therapy for COVID-19, falsely suggesting the FDA had approved it for use, he spurred a global rush for the drug that’s having serious knock-on effects.

At a press briefing Thursday, referring to the drug hydroxychloroquine, Trump falsely said that “the nice part is, it’s been around for a long time, so we know that if things don’t go as planned, it’s not going to kill anybody.”

And on Saturday, the President tweeted that “HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE & AZITHROMYCIN, taken together, have a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine.”

In fact, the drugs’ efficacy against COVID-19 is shaky at best: Chloroquine and hydrochloroquine have long been used against malaria, though the latter is a safer alternative to the former, and has for decades also been used with lupus and rheumatoid arthritis patients.

<O>
Old 03-24-20, 07:31 AM   #1777
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

More poof my neighbor is a total moron, outside talking to two people up close as if this is the norm....What a bloody fool he is another i'm all right jack i'm in my 30's and a heavy smoker!

Bojo your words were wasted on him...

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 07:46 AM   #1778
u crank

Quote:
Really. Here you are suggesting that people sabotaged ambulances because President Trump told them to.

Quote:
I'll let you rethink that.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 03-24-20, 08:07 AM   #1779
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Globalization was under increasing and already heavy flak already before Corona. Asia is not as cheap for production anymore as it once was, namely china. A flow back of Western companies out of Asia and back to the West, was to be perceived, in countable numbers, already since a couple of years, with growing trend. Itsd was not so much the big corporations, but the "Mittelstand" moving back.

I agree, there will probably be an exodus but the question is, will it be large or small?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 08:11 AM   #1780
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Holes drilled in ambulance tyres in Kent, UK:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/...tacked-224229/
When I read about this the first question that sprung to mind was "The vehicles are obviously parked in a secure area because of their value and the fact they carry medical supplies and expensive equipment, so where is the camera surveillance"?

Old 03-24-20, 08:15 AM   #1781
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
[...] I'll let you rethink that.
If Trump goes on spreading rubbish to "assure the people" maybe at least someone could check his speeches beforehand.
"Sometimes it is better to be thought of as dumb than open your mouth and remove any doubt."

What Fauci does is attempting damage control.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 08:31 AM   #1782
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Really. Here you are suggesting that people sabotaged ambulances because President Trump told them to.

Really? And just where did I "suggest" that, specifically? Please specify where the 'suggesting' exists at all...

...and, BTW, I do actually notice you are not refuting what I actually posted with specific, cogent proof or argument.. or is the new tack to make spurious statements as a means of deflecting from the fact you have no real counter?...

<O>
Old 03-24-20, 08:31 AM   #1783
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The Olympics, due to begin in July, are moved to next year
They certainly dragged their feet on this but thankfully common sense eventually prevailed.

Quote:
514 more people die in Spain, the worst day yet
Terrible

Quote:
Donald Trump insists the US will "soon be open for business", despite more states shutting down
Best I don't comment on this.

Quote:
China announces 78 new cases - 74 of them from abroad
Then the band played 'Believe it if you like'

Quote:
Confirmed cases approach 400,000, deaths near 17,000, more than 100,000 recoveries
I dread to think what the final figures will look like.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52013888

Old 03-24-20, 08:40 AM   #1784
u crank

Quote:
Really? And just where did I "suggest" that, specifically? Please specify where the 'suggesting' exists at all...
Quote:
How else would you explain that?

Quote:
...and, BTW, I do actually notice you are not refuting what I actually posted with specific, cogent proof or argument.. or is the new tack to make spurious statements as a means of deflecting from the fact you have no real counter?...
You mean like editing a post and saying "fixed that for you". Very specific, cogent proof or argument isn't it?

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 03-24-20, 09:29 AM   #1785
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:

So, you got some guy selling his own brand of "Snake Oil" and you sometimes get results like this:

'Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure': Woman whose husband died after ingesting chloroquine warns the public not to 'believe anything that the president says' --

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...edium=referral

This is why its so important to make people aware that Trump and his idiocies can be and are harmful in this time of the Covid-19 crisis. The analogy I made in my earlier post about having the receptionist in your doctor's office give you a diagnosis: even that would be better than putting any faith in Dr. Trump, The Quack...

<O>
i read this same story , and my first thought was "I hope these people haven't procreated". Seriously, how stupid do you have to be to ingest a chemical solution designed for fish tanks? And on the same note, how partisan do you have to be to blame Trump for it?
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan