Old 10-23-12, 03:00 AM   #1367
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabMan View Post
i have some problem, but now it doesnt more a problem
Really sorry CrabMan but I don't understand...
Please explain again.
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-12, 07:58 PM   #1368
mfykes
Watch

Downloads: 6
Default Cannot open hatch to conning tower after surfacing

Don't know if this bug has been addressed earlier...But just after surfacing, I could not open the conning tower hatch to exit the sub. Clicked a bunch of times, it just wouldn't open. This seems to happen every time I play SH5.
Any ideas or fixes???
mfykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-12, 09:59 PM   #1369
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfykes View Post
Don't know if this bug has been addressed earlier...But just after surfacing, I could not open the conning tower hatch to exit the sub. Clicked a bunch of times, it just wouldn't open. This seems to happen every time I play SH5.
Any ideas or fixes???
The submerged warning icon is still showing , wait until the sub is fully surfaced .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 07:18 PM   #1370
IronOutlaw
Loader

Downloads: 17
Default Is it worth it?

Sehr Geehrt Kameraden!

I have been out of the loop for a couple of years and am getting back into the SH realm. I noticed there is a newish SH 5, but I have also noticed that there seem to be heaps of problems. As I have a satellite connection, due to my now remote location, I do not want to play this game online.

I also noticed the vast array of messages dealing with so many problems, far more than I have time and opportunity to read through.

If I were to buy SH 5, are there mods that fix the problems I have briefly read about, and, if so, exactly which mods are recommended?

Or, is it in fact worth getting SH 5 at all, or should I just leave it and stick to SH 3?

Take care and keep well.

IronOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 08:35 PM   #1371
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

You might want to repost that on the regular forums. This thread is to report and discuss specific problems.
Old 11-19-12, 06:14 AM   #1372
McApu
Swabbie

Downloads: 43
Default Navigator calculation is wrong

Hi sardines
I've been playing sh5 since a couple of weeks. I'm using the sober's megamod.
Patrol the Baltic accomplished and back to kiel. There I realized I had no dock icon, so i red the forum and i discovered i didn't copy the menu.txt file from NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Menu and place in NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_Real_Navigation\data\Menu.
Well i did it, but now if i ask the navigator celestial or dead reckoning, he shows my position on the terrain of Kiel harbour. i'm outside the bunker and navigating through the canal after i've accepted the second mission from the officer.
How can i sove this problem? total uninstall and delete save data too? Any advice?

Hoping to be clear,
thank you in advance!
McApu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-12, 06:57 AM   #1373
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApu View Post
Hi sardines
Patrol the Baltic accomplished and back to kiel. There I realized I had no dock icon, so i red the forum and i discovered i didn't copy the menu.txt file from NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Menu and place in NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_Real_Navigation\data\Menu.
Well i did it, but now if i ask the navigator celestial or dead reckoning, he shows my position on the terrain of Kiel harbour. i'm outside the bunker and navigating through the canal after i've accepted the second mission from the officer.
How can i sove this problem? total uninstall and delete save data too? Any advice?

Hoping to be clear,
thank you in advance!
The navigator is not 100% accurate . He is close . Once he does another celestial fix he will correct his mistakes . If its bad weather he can only do dead reckoning which is not as accurate as celestial . Has your base moved to Willhelmshaven ? Use the automation scripts to put a pilot on board your sub and use travel mode at 128TC to travel thru the canal .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-12, 11:41 AM   #1374
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Default @ IronOutlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronOutlaw View Post
...vast array of messages dealing with so many problems...

If I were to buy SH 5, are there mods that fix the problems I have briefly read about, and, if so, exactly which mods are recommended?

Or, is it in fact worth getting SH 5 at all, or should I just leave it and stick to SH 3?

Hi mate and welcome back

What you call 'a vast array of problems' is not a 'problem'. You don't have to read through anything in particular to get started.
That's why we are here.

This forum is exactly the place to be to get the proper assistance to get the most out of SH5 to your taste.

Rather are these 'problems' a sign of a continuously ongoing development and a proof of a devoted bunch of sub addicts around here. On the contrary, this is a guarantee you'll get a sim developing all the time.
What other sim can offer something like that?

Of course there still are questions popping up from time to time but nowadays I'd say many mods aim at making SH5 a sim that is more realistic, beautiful and enjoyable than ever.

But, we wouldn't be the lucky ones without all them exquisite modders that tirelessly keep going, developing SH5. We mustn't forget to thank those guys.

For sure UBI wouldn't have managed to surpass the work of all these fabulous modders around here.

Even if there's tremendous efforts put on graphics, gameplay and much, much more the handling of the mods is actually improving and getting more convenient.

I'd say you're in for a real surprise if you give SH5 a shot. If you're a fan of SH3 - SH5 won't let you down.

I can understand that you're hesitating because of all mods needed/not needed, which ones to pick that get you what you want, how to do this and so on but don't worry.
The mates in this forum will help you out and up and running in no time.

So, if you want to get yourself something special - buy SH5. After all, what is the price these days? 20 AUD...

PM me for a nice list of mods to start with.
Old 11-19-12, 12:54 PM   #1375
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApu View Post
Hi sardines
Patrol the Baltic accomplished and back to kiel. There I realized I had no dock icon
I am having this issue too when I am testing the game (still killing aliens )
I have noticed that the dock icon is moving - sometimes it is over the top of the TC button and other time it is just missing.

I was going to remove the draggables to see if that was causing it - but have not tested yet.
Either way we should report this to TDW as it looks like a bug with his UI
Old 11-19-12, 05:42 PM   #1376
McApu
Swabbie

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
The navigator is not 100% accurate . He is close . Once he does another celestial fix he will correct his mistakes . If its bad weather he can only do dead reckoning which is not as accurate as celestial . Has your base moved to Willhelmshaven ? Use the automation scripts to put a pilot on board your sub and use travel mode at 128TC to travel thru the canal .
Hi Sober and Trevally tnx for the attention and greetings for your amazing mods! Really, if it wasn't for your work, sh5 would be a crap.
Anyway, the navigator's errors are about 2 km wrong and don't seem to improve accuracy with time (i tried five or six celestials). The second mission i requested it's been Breakin' the fortress - Special operation P.
Did my base move to Willhelmshaven ? That's intersting question 'cause all the problem it came from here. I accepted the second mission and went on patrol...loading...my base changed to Willhelmshaven, I ask the navigator my position via celestial and, once calculated, the map shifted to kiel as the mark of the position. I thought to shut off and reload, but now i always start from Kiel.

Last edited by McApu; 11-19-12 at 07:17 PM.
McApu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-12, 06:48 PM   #1377
Robertcompassrose
Watch

Downloads: 11
Default Uplay activation

Yes, I have reinstalled several times, i have logged into uplay correctly, I have a CD not download of the game, but when i go into uplay it wont go to activation screen for SH5. it just says no games. so even though I have downloaded the game, and have a uplay account, i cant get into SH5 because i cant activate the code!!! i dont know what to do!!
Robertcompassrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-12, 02:18 AM   #1378
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertcompassrose View Post
Yes, I have reinstalled several times, i have logged into uplay correctly, I have a CD not download of the game, but when i go into uplay it wont go to activation screen for SH5. it just says no games. so even though I have downloaded the game, and have a uplay account, i cant get into SH5 because i cant activate the code!!! i dont know what to do!!
As you say you've reinstalled several times you shouldn't have to register the SH5 again.
So, don't try to do it.
BTW, do you see the SH5 in the Uplay?

Last edited by Silent Steel; 12-18-12 at 01:12 AM.
Old 12-17-12, 02:29 AM   #1379
Robertcompassrose
Watch

Downloads: 11

No, when uplay opens, it says unable to download files. I have switched off UAC and restarted, but that didnt help, i uninstalled uplay, deleted the folders, reinstalled...still same problem. Uplay just flat out refuses to recognize that I have downloaded SH5, therefore i cant even activate the CD key and thus am unable to enter the game, i have spend all day working on it and im at wits end. im seriously about to send it back, but I have been looking forward to this game and spent so much time i want to see it through!!

Last edited by Robertcompassrose; 12-17-12 at 02:59 AM.
Robertcompassrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-12, 05:23 AM   #1380
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertcompassrose View Post
No, when uplay opens, it says unable to download files. I have switched off UAC and restarted, but that didnt help, i uninstalled uplay, deleted the folders, reinstalled...still same problem. Uplay just flat out refuses to recognize that I have downloaded SH5, therefore i cant even activate the CD key and thus am unable to enter the game, i have spend all day working on it and im at wits end. im seriously about to send it back, but I have been looking forward to this game and spent so much time i want to see it through!!
Hi Robert,

I understand how you feel. Now, a couple of suggestions.

After a fresh install your SH5 should automatically get patched the first timr you launch it.
So, first check your SH5 is patched to v1.2.0
In the main menu in the top right corner you should see the version number. It should be v1.2.0.
If this isn't the case get your SH5 patched this way;

And in Uplay do these settings;

Please let us know if this works.