SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-18-20, 07:57 AM   #1441
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Reported on the news London has the biggest death rate. Stand by for the predictable in the next few weeks. Of course I would rather not see it happen but.....

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 07:59 AM   #1442
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Well I am sick of these bastards panic buying and I have reached the end of the line with these bastards, today I was up my town centre popped into a supermarket and it was stripped of almost all the food! You selfish bastards the lot of you..............

Oh and you the supermarkets let it happen just to make fast profit you greedy pigs and now you can not keep up with demand your staff are getting verbal abuse. Not from me as my anger is at you pigs in the board rooms rubbing your grubby little mitts.

What I am thinking can not be posted unless I get permission because I really had it up to here with these panic buying bastards the lot of you.
We have experienced the panic buying here but not to the degree where people are getting unhinged and verbal exchanges. Toilet paper is still scarce oddly enough. I don't understand that. The shelves cleared but full again the next day. We have had little trouble finding what we normally
purchase weekly.

I don't understand the panic buying except perhaps many believe they will need to quarantine in place. That will not be necessary if all flow what is prescribed. Wash hands, if sick stay home and keep distance as much as possible. This is nothing new for anyone and what should be done with any virus/flu/cold, etc.
Old 03-18-20, 08:02 AM   #1443
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

They are also doing that here (Gemany) now, soap up to 2 pieces, toilet paper one package/person. About time.

Communism!

We had a talk with the neighbours, whoever needs something that is currently sold out we will help out, or those being mobile try to get the missing stuff from other sources (one getting out, only one being exposed, and threatening to infect), also agreed to buy meds and so on for the elder around here.
oh sh.. just realized i'm not that young anymore

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 08:05 AM   #1444
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
That.
I was already going to post something like this, it is the second time (we know of) "something" has escaped from the Wuhan laboratories.
According to professor Osterholm, when interviewed by Joe Rogan, the virus is not human made because the genetics are quite simple and they can trace it down well in terms of when and where it did come from. He also said that nature is much better than us at doing viruses, so it's a bit of a waste of effort. Someone correct me, but I believe biological war is more about bacteriae and viruses that already exist.

That doesn't mean of course the virus was transferred from an animal to humans in a laboratory and escaped from there, but it seems more likely that it all has to do with those appalling wet markets. So yes, China should be give an ultimatum with regards to many things they have been doing/tolerating, as we can't afford such a breakout every X years.
Old 03-18-20, 08:10 AM   #1445
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post

Beware the Ides of March!

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 08:12 AM   #1446
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Mathmatic models are already showing that 79% of infections are caused by people with no symptoms at all or only mild ones. The experience with the lockdown shows that it brought the transmission rate to 0.99, i.e. the ability to contain the epydemy.

https://www.elmundo.es/ciencia-y-sal...c6c8b4583.html

Do your part, stay at home, flatten the curve!
Old 03-18-20, 08:13 AM   #1447
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
We have experienced the panic buying here but not to the degree where people are getting unhinged and verbal exchanges. Toilet paper is still scarce oddly enough. I don't understand that. The shelves cleared but full again the next day. We have had little trouble finding what we normally
purchase weekly.

I don't understand the panic buying except perhaps many believe they will need to quarantine in place. That will not be necessary if all flow what is prescribed. Wash hands, if sick stay home and keep distance as much as possible. This is nothing new for anyone and what should be done with any virus/flu/cold, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
They are also doing that here (Gemany) now, soap up to 2 pieces, toilet paper one package/person. About time.

Communism!

We had a talk with the neighbours, whoever needs something that is currently sold out we will help out, or those being mobile try to get the missing stuff from other sources (one getting out, only one being exposed, and threatening to infect), also agreed to buy meds and so on for the elder around here.
oh sh.. just realized i'm not that young anymore
I'm not convinced toilet paper is as big a necessity as soa[ and basic foodstuffs....provided you have running water

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 08:25 AM   #1448
Traveller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I'm not convinced toilet paper is as big a necessity as soa[ and basic foodstuffs....provided you have running water
No food = Toilet paper unnecessary.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 08:27 AM   #1449
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Note: I received an alert triggered from the Subsim forum maintenance system, some of you have been going back and deleting massive number of posts in this thread. This is not allowed, the reason is if people make statements, other people respond to them - that's what a discussion is. It makes discussion incoherent when big parts of the discussion are removed later.

If you received a warning, or if you are unable to edit/delete posts, you were responsible. Please continue with your participation in the discussion but perhaps choose your words more carefully. We want to hear what you have to say. If you say it, you should own it.

Neal
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 08:29 AM   #1450
STEED
Lucky Jack

If my elderly parents catch this and die from it I will send China the bill for their funerals and I am being very serious about that. In fact we should send funeral bills to China. Of course I pray none of us loose anyone.....

Update from friends around here been out shopping in the last 24 hours all supermarkets are being picked clean, tea and coffee going fast now. I want the Army to have the right to go into every house and inspect how much food they have and if they are these panic scumbags a percentage of that food taken away from them and distributed to those who have been deprived by these scumbags.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 03-18-20, 08:34 AM   #1451
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Here in Los Angeles the food markets and the stores such as Target and Walmart have set aside the first hour of store operation as a "Senior Citizens Only" time slot; there were a lot of seniors who were being shut out of buying necessities by idiot hoarders and even pushed aside by boorish, inconsiderate customers, so the stores, acting on their own initiative, started the new time slot as a means of leveling the field and giving the seniors a better shot of fulfilling their needs for food and other items without being shoved aside or their having to wait in long lines...

From what I've heard since the first reports of this new practice, the idea has spread to other areas and other businesses...

<O>
Old 03-18-20, 08:37 AM   #1452
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post

Agreed. as it stands with all the evidence the biggest group in danger are the 60 plus and those with health issues. The simple message is just not sinking in to some people, its not rocket science its common sense.

We are in the region of two weeks behind Italy and wonder what stupid madness is next.

Old 03-18-20, 08:44 AM   #1453
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Here in Los Angeles the food markets and the stores such as Target and Walmart have set aside the first hour of store operation as a "Senior Citizens Only" time slot; there were a lot of seniors who were being shut out of buying necessities by idiot hoarders and even pushed aside by boorish, inconsiderate customers, so the stores, acting on their own initiative, started the new time slot as a means of leveling the field and giving the seniors a better shot of fulfilling their needs for food and other items without being shoved aside or their having to wait in long lines...

From what I've heard since the first reports of this new practice, the idea has spread to other areas and other businesses...

<O>
Likewise here in the UK with the supermarket chains.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 08:45 AM   #1454
Traveller
Captain

Trump says the US will close the border with Canada to ‘non-essential’ traffic.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 09:05 AM   #1455
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan