SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-25-22, 11:00 AM   #31
Davidtman
Mate

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleyman View Post
Yes, it gives you an another perspective on how things were. Americans had, no doubt about it, superior boats, but the weapons were miserable. Doubly so for Britons, Tigertrash in 80s, ugh. Soviets on the other hand had noisy deaf subs but had torpedoes that could actually kill the opponents, if a) they could hear them b) the torpedo could acquire.

As far as I understood from some online reference, USN was well aware of Mk 37 problems but didn't want to upgrade it because it might have gotten the Mk48 project cancelled outright if there was something that was not quite as dire.
From the little information available it sounds like the MK37c was a backup option in case the cold war turned hot and the MK48 program failed or took to long. The Navy needed quick and cheap way to get a better torpedo. Of course by the 70's even a 36-38 knot torpedo speed was basically useless at that point.

Last edited by Davidtman; 05-26-22 at 04:14 PM.
Davidtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 10:25 AM   #32
steel shark
XO

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 5

SHO Improved USN Weapons Models

As we have added improved mark 48,s and Mark 48 AdCaps then the mark 37 family of torpedo's also decoys

I thought it was time to Finished the job with the rest of the weapons so hear is the New Mark 45 Torpedo for CWA & DM

Others to Follow

Steel Shark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New Mk 45.jpg (95.3 KB, 20 views)
Old 05-27-22, 11:18 AM   #33
Davidtman
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel shark View Post
As we have added improved mark 48,s and Mark 48 AdCaps then the mark 37 family of torpedo's also decoys

I thought it was time to Finished the job with the rest of the weapons so hear is the New Mark 45 Torpedo for CWA & DM

Others to Follow

Steel Shark
Those torpedoes are looking awesome.
Old 05-29-22, 08:59 AM   #34
TORDO222
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 23

Quote:

Others to Follow

Steel Shark
Awesome!.Thanks a lot!!!.We anxiously await to the next release of the mod!. Cheers.
Order prior to the "Battle of Los Pozos" that took place on June 11,1826 in the Rio de La Plata,in front of the city of Buenos Aires, in an area of relative greater depth and to the view from the population. Was a combat between a flimsy Argentine Squadron and the powerfull Brazilian Empire Fleet.It was a victorious day for the Argentine navy.William Brown was the first Admiral of the newly formed Argentine Navy.Born in Ireland and argentine by adoption.A great patriot.
TORDO222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 07:43 AM   #35
steel shark
XO

Icon1 Thanks

Thanks Davidtman & TORDO222 we are all Doing substantial changes and Major Improvement's across the board to DotMod In nearly all areas with lots of extra added content and Improved Versions of Existing Stuff

im Also Adding CWA elements' to DM and using new DM features In CWA so its beneficial to both Party's

as both The Main mod & my mod are Running Parallel in Joint Development and Joint Expansions

Steel Shark
Old 05-30-22, 07:30 PM   #36
Firebar
Watch

Downloads: 3
Default DotMod v0.3c-1 Released

DotMod 0.3c-1 provides a pair of fixes to the core game code as a stop-gap before the issue of 0.4. It also provides enhanced OSX compatability and a few minor data updates.
  1. Fixes an issue with campaing vessel selector where the same random number was generated due to the seed being created too quickly
  2. Provides a workaround temporary fix for people who have experienced issues with an unrecoverable error on the main menu
  3. Fixes pink transparent textures in OSX with a fallback shader.

https://github.com/DotModGroup/ColdW...es/tag/v0.3c-1
Firebar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-22, 03:21 PM   #37
TORDO222
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Thanks Davidtman & TORDO222 we are all Doing substantial changes and Major Improvement's across the board to DotMod In nearly all areas with lots of extra added content and Improved Versions of Existing Stuff

im Also Adding CWA elements' to DM and using new DM features In CWA so its beneficial to both Party's

as both The Main mod & my mod are Running Parallel in Joint Development and Joint Expansions

Steel Shark
You’re welcome! If you are referring to the modest mod that we make with voices in Latin Spanish, the contribution is minimal compared to the terrible work of you developing and improving the game. Best wishes. We look forward to further improvements in the mod. Kind regards!
Order prior to the "Battle of Los Pozos" that took place on June 11,1826 in the Rio de La Plata,in front of the city of Buenos Aires, in an area of relative greater depth and to the view from the population. Was a combat between a flimsy Argentine Squadron and the powerfull Brazilian Empire Fleet.It was a victorious day for the Argentine navy.William Brown was the first Admiral of the newly formed Argentine Navy.Born in Ireland and argentine by adoption.A great patriot.
Old 06-02-22, 07:46 PM   #38
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default Welcome back!

TORDO222!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-22, 02:28 PM   #39
steel shark
XO

Icon1 nise thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORDO222 View Post
You’re welcome! If you are referring to the modest mod that we make with voices in Latin Spanish, the contribution is minimal compared to the terrible work of you developing and improving the game. Best wishes. We look forward to further improvements in the mod. Kind regards!

this reminds me of when i did the early Audio expansions for cold waters mod,s its great that more voiced audio is being made available for this game to expand it for different audiences to enjoy

Steel Shark
Old 06-09-22, 04:55 PM   #40
TORDO222
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
this reminds me of when i did the early Audio expansions for cold waters mod,s its great that more voiced audio is being made available for this game to expand it for different audiences to enjoy

Steel Shark
Regarding changing voices, I appreciate that being CW a tactical game more than a submarine simulator, has its limitations. There are orders that are imparted within the actual operations of a submarine that cannot be emulated. So and everything, the audio aspect can be improved and brought closer to the real world. Greetings!
Old 06-11-22, 10:00 AM   #41
BENICK
Swabbie

Downloads: 107
Default DotMod v0.3c-1

I recently downloaded the new version.
Since then the toolbars appear horizontally
Tried to change the layout to vertical in default\Steaming Assets\epicmode\hud
Then all toolbars disappeared.
Any help please?
BENICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 04:43 PM   #42
TNT2
Nub

Downloads: 0

Just getting back into Cold Waters again after a long break.

This mod is great! Thanks for the self installer as well as making it compatible with the Good Old Games version.
TNT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 05:24 PM   #43
TNT2
Nub

Downloads: 0

As someone who plays a lot of the single player missions will there be increased number of subs options available to play in a given mission? Is it possible to import other missions say from the Playable Subs mod?
TNT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-22, 08:52 AM   #44
Davidtman
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT2 View Post
As someone who plays a lot of the single player missions will there be increased number of subs options available to play in a given mission? Is it possible to import other missions say from the Playable Subs mod?
I have copied over quite a few submarines from both playable subs and epic mod. It takes a lot of trial and error. I learned on the fly how to use the notepad programming to get the subs to work properly. So far I have added the following classes:

French: Rubin, Suffren, Scorpene
German: Type 209 and 212
Japanese: Yushio and Oyashio
Canada: Victoria class
Australia: Oberon and Collins
Sweden: Nacken and Gotland
Norway:Ula Class
Netherlands: Walrus class
USA: Tang, Skate, and the Ohio SSGN (Guided Missile conversion)

You can also create your own single mission. I simply use a pre-existing template and make small changes like sub/ ship class that will populate and the number of sub/ ships. You can also add enemy air support to make the missions for challenging.
Old 07-05-22, 12:19 PM   #45
easy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

@ Davidtman:

Where can people download your submarines?