SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-26-21, 06:48 PM   #1
Firebar
Watch

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default DotMod Releases

https://github.com/DotModGroup/ColdW...tag/v0.3a-beta

As a Christmas gift too you all, (and as a matter of coincidence), 0.3a is now available for download! We've added a number of new models, fixed some nasty bugs, fixed the English localization for 1984 USSR, and even added some Christmas spirit on the load screen!

To install this variant properly you will need to delete the previous version of the dotmod folder!

Special thanks for 0.3a to our new little group of Beta Testers: Cmdr SCF_01, General_Dave_1, Mapashelas, RedFor best for, trenchgun91, and 🌸杏奈女帝🇯🇵

Models
  • (New) Ticonderoga-class CG by ElectricBoat, customised by TheHappyYachter and with textures by Kevin DDSSTT (Team effort!)
  • (New) Type 42/City-class DDG by TheHappyYachter with textures by Kevin DDSSTT
  • (New) Gearing-class DD by TheHappyYachter with textures by Kevin DDSSTT
  • (New) RUM-139 by TheHappyYachter with textures by Kevin DDSSTT
  • (New) Sea Dart by TheHappyYachter
  • (Fix) New textures for the Virginia-class by Kevin DDSSTT
  • (Fix) Ohio-class texture resolution

Data
  • (Fix) Added new vessels to Campaigns
  • (Fix) Merged USSR Campaigns
  • (Fix) Yandex auto translations of Russian Language Campaign (Anglicisation in progress)
  • (Fix) Some additional Russian Translations of English
  • (Fix) Campaign data for Campaign 2 and 4
  • (Fix) Standard Missile Variants for Ticonderogas and ex-Terrier vessels
  • (Fix) Tweaked some vessel noise values
  • (Fix) Correct vessel variants in campaigns
  • (Fix) Loadout issues in some subs

UI
  • (New) New sprites for Weapons by SteelShark
  • (New) Delta III DC Image by SteelShark
  • (New) Ohio DC Image by SteelShark
  • (New) Addon Management UI
  • (New) Ship profiles for Virginia, T21, and T42 by SteelShark

Code
  • (New) Additional Debug Information
  • (New) Sorting of Vessels Implemented
  • (New) Sorting of Weapons Implemented
  • (New) Weapons.txt file deprecated and removed
  • (New) Allow multiple sensor description files
  • (New) Allow multiple sensor files
  • (New) Allow definition of Hull Prefixes through text files
  • (New) Support of ingame addon management
  • (New) Tracer for CIWS can be adjusted and Audio Clip can be changed
  • (New) Noisemaker logic and values
  • (New) Removed vessel list
  • (Fix) Player RBU Bugs fixed
  • (Fix) Rationalised some Error codes
  • (Fix) Applied Christmas Spirit (and Christmas Spirits for those of drinking age)
  • (Fix) Bugfixes for missiles without all effect types
  • (Fix) Min speed for Towed Array reduced
  • (Fix) Enchanced Wake Homing torpedo behavior, fixed bug that could cause jamming of WH torpedoes

Last edited by Firebar; 03-22-22 at 06:49 AM.
Firebar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-22, 06:24 PM   #2
steel shark
XO

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 5

bullhorn Post WW2 Guppy Programs

In the next release of Dot Mod Their will be 3 variants of the Guppy Program these New addition's add nice Extra early Diesel Boats

to Cold Waters and Build up the None Nuclear Vessel's quite well

and add More Vessel's that take the game Nearer To Post WW2 Vessels

As a Fan of Early Sub Sims My self my favorite's Being Sh3 & SH4
These Boats are a Welcome Edition

Steel Shark

Last edited by steel shark; 05-27-22 at 10:21 AM.
steel shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-22, 08:52 AM   #3
steel shark
XO

bullhorn USS Cutlass Tench-class Still Kicking

The Roc Guppys Ones Still In service

Jan 23, 2017#1

Article:

Taiwan’s Ancient Submarine Will Reach an Astounding 80 Years in Service: Another lease on life for the World War II-era ‘Hai Shih’

by ROBERT BECKHUSEN

Life expectancy varies between ships, but U.S. submarines generally stay in service for around 20 or 30 years or so. Taiwan, however, is planning for one of its submarines to reach age 80.

On Jan. 21, 2017, Taiwan announced that the 72-year-old SS-791 Hai Shih, or Sea Lion, will receive a retrofit allowing it to continue sailing until 2026. The $19 million retrofit will be to improve the hull and the diesel vessel’s “navigational elements,” Taiwan News reported.

Eight-zero. That’s a remarkable lifespan for a submarine, and the Hai Shih is already the oldest submarine still in service with a navy anywhere in the world — she looks like she traveled decades into the future through a wormhole.

Before she was Hai Shih, she was the U.S. Navy submarine USS Cutlass, a 1,570-ton Tench-class vessel that launched on Nov. 5, 1944 during World War II. Her wartime service was brief, and Cutlass didn’t reach her first patrol zone near the Kuril Islands until the day after Japan capitulated.

When the United States sold her to Taiwan in 1974, it sealed up Cutlass’ 10 torpedo tubes — six forward and four aft — and she became the Hai Shih. Very little has changed internally, apparently, but she still works.

A few years ago, researchers with the San Francisco Maritime National Park Association took a tour of the ex-Cutlass. “It was absolutely stunning how little has changed,” they wrote. “Equally stunning, is the high grade of operational condition.”

Last edited by steel shark; 02-21-22 at 11:07 AM.
steel shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-22, 04:33 PM   #4
Davidtman
Mate

Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel shark View Post
In the next release of Dot Mod Their will be 3 variants of the Guppy Program these New addition's add nice Extra early Diesel Boats

Steel Shark
Thank for the update, cannot wait to download it when I get home. I love the old diesel electric boats. Just a side note, the test depth on the old Balao and Tench class subs was limited to 400 feet during WWII due to the limitations of the bilge pumps. The subs themselves could dive significantly deeper and would routinely go to 600 feet or deeper to avoid attacks. The crush depth of the thick skin Balao and Tench class was estimated to be at 900 feet with the 35lb (7/8 inch) HTS steel used in the hull.
Davidtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-22, 08:03 PM   #5
Davidtman
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel shark View Post

Steel Shark
A couple of observations on the Guppy models. On the Guppy 2 the radar mast does not raise at all. On the Guppy 3 the radar mast raises less than half the distance shown in you pics. I fI increase the mast height any higher than 0.052 the textures of the mask disappear and it makes it look like the mast is hovering over the sub.
Old 03-21-22, 09:40 PM   #6
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default Welcome aboard!

Davidtman!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-22, 05:41 AM   #7
Firebar
Watch

Downloads: 3
Default DotMod 0.3b Release

Happy (nearly) Easter from the team at DotMod! Version 0.3b is now available to download. We've added even more new models, tweaked the behaviour of torpedoes, improved wakes, fixed a few more bugs, started repairing the Mac OS compatability, added some new functionality to the campaign system, and added a WIP Royal Navy Campaign for your feedback.

https://github.com/DotModGroup/ColdW...tag/v0.3b-beta

Before installing this version make sure that you delete the prevoius version of the dotmod folder!

Special thanks continues to go to the Beta Testers! General_Dave_1, Jennie, Mapashelas, RedFor best for, Russian_Wolf, Stallfighter, and tranchgun91. Special thanks also to our new contributors: RedEagle and Tionstav for their excellent model work.

Models
  • US Navy GUPPY Submarines - Made by Tionstav in two flavours, Atlantic and Standard Sail, and has been textured by Kevin DDSSTT to match the USN and ROCN colour schemes
  • George Washington SSBN - This model was built by RedEagle and has been textured by Kevin DDSSTT
  • Royal Navy HMS Dreadnought (SSN) - This model was built by TheHappyYachter originally in CAD software but has been completely reworked in Blender with a new texture from KevinDDSSTT.
  • Royal Navy Resolution SSBN - This model was built by TheHappyYachter in Blender with a texture from KevinDDSSTT for both the 1968 and 1984 variants.
  • Royal Netherlands Navy Zwaardvis SSK - The model for this submarine was made by Tionstav in and has been textured by Kevin DDSSTT.
  • US Navy Arleigh Burke – Flight I DDG - This model was originally created by Yi Tsung Lee for Cities Skylines and was released under a
    Creative Common’s licence. The model was modified by The HappyYachter and textured by KevinDDSSTT to match the rest of the DotMod inventory.
  • Minor fixes to some existing models
  • New weapons have been added to support the new vessels these include: Anabar Decoy, Korum Decoy, VL-ASROC, A.184. These have been modelled by a mix of people including SteelShark, TheHappyYachter, KevinDDSSTT, and ElectricBoat.

Data
  • KevinDDSSTT has extensively reworked surface ship and Albacore hull sub wakes after developing a formula for providing consistent wakes on a per vessel basis.
  • Tweaks to some weapons
  • Vesel Selection in Campaigns can now be implemented based upon a conditional probability.
  • WIP Royal Navy Campaign
  • New ROC Single Missions

New Features
  • Proximity fuses for torpedoes are now implemented thanks to Dsmirnoff
  • For first time installer the game will now check for the existence of an override folder on first load. This should help reduce the number of people who have issues when they have removed Epic Mod by renaming the override folder to stop DotMod reading it. This happens only on first load.

UI
  • A new console menu has been added (Shift + `) this is a nicer implementation than the original and will allow you to inspect the game log without exiting the game. It also allows you to input console commands.
  • Fantastic UI assets for the new vessels built by none other than SteelShark. Without his 2D art none of the new models would be as playable as they are. He has also provided the new HUD elements like Periscope masks, individually selected for the nations based on Open Source
    Intelligence.
Firebar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-22, 08:07 AM   #8
Davidtman
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Davidtman!
Thank you, nice to be here.
Old 03-22-22, 08:08 AM   #9
steel shark
XO

Default ill look in to it 4 ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidtman View Post
Thank for the update, cannot wait to download it when I get home. I love the old diesel electric boats. Just a side note, the test depth on the old Balao and Tench class subs was limited to 400 feet during WWII due to the limitations of the bilge pumps. The subs themselves could dive significantly deeper and would routinely go to 600 feet or deeper to avoid attacks. The crush depth of the thick skin Balao and Tench class was estimated to be at 900 feet with the 35lb (7/8 inch) HTS steel used in the hull.

Davidtman i only did the damage control panels and signature's for all the guppy's

but ill look in to the depth stuff for you and the radar mast stuff though seem to remember some one said the mast was fixed so that's why it doesn't raise on that boat ill ask for you thought when i can

did a bit of digging on my work break tho

Guppy II Program

The GUPPY II conversion (SCB 47), implemented from 1947 to 1951, was generally similar to the GUPPY I, except for retention of both periscopes and introduction of the recently perfected snorkel. The addition of three new masts; snorkel induction, snorkel exhaust, and ESM mast -- required more room in the upper portion of the sail. BuShips approved two different sail designs:

1) The "Electric Boat Sail" had a straight trailing edge, round windows, a wider top and a more rounded forward edge.

2) The " Portsmouth Sail" had a thinner top, curved trailing edge, square windows and a sharper lower forward edge. It was put on all boats, which used the government plans for the conversion.

Some boats with a Portsmouth Sail had an SV radar and needed extra room to house the aerial, thus had a bulge at the sail top. Later modifications put the SS or SS2 radars on these and other boats which had a smaller aerial and had an indicator with interlocks which allowed the mast to be housed only with the aerial in certain angular positions. Also, some GUPPY II and GUPPY III boats had their sails extended higher above the waterline, the "Northern Sail", to raise the bridge, allowing it to be manned in more severe weather.

All boats converted during the GUPPY II program that originally had high-speed drive motors with reduction gears had these replaced with low-speed direct-drive motors, producing 2500 horsepower (1.9 MW) per shaft.

The two GUPPY I boats, Odax and Pomodon, were modified to GUPPY II standard.

Boats Converted:

USS Catfish (SS-339) (Balao)

USS Clamagore (SS-343) (Balao)

USS Cobbler (SS-344) (Balao)

USS Cochino (SS-345)
USS Corporal (SS-346) (Balao)

USS Cubera (SS-347) (Balao)
USS Diodon (SS-349) (Balao)

USS Dogfish (SS-350) (Balao)
USS Greenfish (SS-351) (Balao)

USS Halfbeak (SS-352) (Balao)

USS Tiru (SS-416) (Balao)

USS Tusk (SS-426) (Balao)

USS Cutlass (SS-478) (Tench)
USS Sea Leopard (SS-483) (Tench)

USS Odax (SS-484) (From Guppy I)

USS Odax (SS-484) No. Sail
USS Sirago (SS-485) (Tench)
USS Sirago (SS-485) (Tench Southern Sail)

USS Pomodon (SS-486) (From Guppy I)

USS Volador (SS-490) (Tench)

USS Amberjack (SS-522) (Tench)
USS Amberjack (SS-522) No. Sail (Tench)

USS Grampus (SS-523) So. Sail (Tench)
USS Grampus (SS-523) No Sail (Tench)

USS Grampus (SS-523) Aerial View (Tench)

USS Pickerel (SS-524) (Tench)
USS Grenadier (SS-525) (Tench)

Steel Shark
Old 03-22-22, 11:20 AM   #10
Davidtman
Mate

Most of the reading I have done indicates that US WWII era subs had their capabilities dramatically understated. The reasons may be partly dues to war secrets and partly due to safety concerns. The US seemed to rate their test depths at 1/2 of the crush depths. Gato's had a test depth of 300 feet and an estimated crush depth of 550-600 feet. Balao's had a test depth of 400 feet (limited to their WWI era bilge pump not working below this depth), and a crush depth of an estimated 900 feet.

There is even a claim here on Subsim that the USS Pollock a Porpoise class submarine with a test depth of 250 feet dove to 540 feet while being attacked. I have not been able to verify this with any other source though.
Old 04-02-22, 09:14 PM   #11
strykerpsg
Loader

Downloads: 99
Default Updated Keyboard Commands?

Fantastic mod! Just a few notes though.

Is there an updated key command list somewhere?

Is there any tutorials available for the surface ships?

Been playing with the Arleigh Burke but cannot shoot down an aircraft to save my life.

Anyway, since I shelved this title almost 2 years ago, totally lost interest. This Dot mod though, provides the missing action I've been craving while awaiting Sea Power to release. Thanks for putting this together and congrats for being able to separate yourselves from the other "Non-mentionable" mod.
strykerpsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-22, 03:34 PM   #12
Davidtman
Mate

I see you released an update on GitHub. I will try and take a look at it tonight. I looked at the code and saw the test depth on the Guppy's increased to 600ft. Looking good so far.

What changes did you make to the campaign? It looks like more missions were added.
Old 04-14-22, 11:46 AM   #13
Overkill
Frogman

Downloads: 128

Loving this mod so far!
Old 04-15-22, 10:15 AM   #14
steel shark
XO

Icon1 thank you

were doing our best with it we just are now testing deploy able towed surface decoys too at the moment

so like a nixie ect should help with surface combat

we improving a few other decoys and weapons too in model terms and stats

Glad you Enjoying it

Steel Shark
Old 04-15-22, 10:21 AM   #15
steel shark
XO

Icon1 weapon settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
Fantastic mod! Just a few notes though.

Is there an updated key command list somewhere?

Is there any tutorials available for the surface ships?

Been playing with the Arleigh Burke but cannot shoot down an aircraft to save my life.

Anyway, since I shelved this title almost 2 years ago, totally lost interest. This Dot mod though, provides the missing action I've been craving while awaiting Sea Power to release. Thanks for putting this together and congrats for being able to separate yourselves from the other "Non-mentionable" mod.

if you look at the weapons panel their is a ship icon for the sam panel you can click this to cycle to ships / air craft / missiles the icon may vary depending whats loaded if its a harpoon anti ship missile its only anti ship ect if its a rim missile ect its multi role

missiles also are in the vls slot ofc so look their again cycle the options

message me if you need help

Steel Shark