SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-17-18, 06:03 AM   #16
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 343
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkbph View Post
This is awesome. I can't wait to play it with the new content.

Speaking of which, how to I get the new content?

There no hint of a download link on Steam or on the Killerfish website that I could see. Just a mention of GoG... but I could find no way to download anything from there either.

Thanks.

JD
On the Steam library page, right click on "Cold Waters", select properties, opt in to the Beta and 1.15 will auto download.
Old 05-17-18, 11:57 AM   #17
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
So there I was quite happily playing the 2004 campaign (1.09) last night.
Woke up this morning and Steam downloads the latest update (1.15) and now I cannot get ANY campaign to work, screen goes blank either when, I start an new campaign and select a boat to command or if I go into a running campaign and click to load an autosave.......

Have just tried uninstalling and reinstalling via steam and get the same result.
I am sure you on you guys will have the answer.
You have to manually go into the Steam folder and remove or rename the mod folder, which will probably be called 'override'. Steam does not do this for you when you remove/uninstall the game.
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-18, 02:04 PM   #18
Capt.Hunt
Loader

Downloads: 9

Bravo Zulu KFG!
Capt.Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-18, 08:20 PM   #19
Bungo_Pete
Medic

Downloads: 14
Icon14

WOW AWESOME!,when is Atlantic fleet gonna get an update like that?

Last edited by Bungo_Pete; 05-19-18 at 08:30 PM.
Bungo_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-18, 07:55 PM   #20
Falkirion
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 34

Quote:
Woke up this morning and Steam downloads the latest update (1.15) and now I cannot get ANY campaign to work, screen goes blank either when, I start an new campaign and select a boat to command or if I go into a running campaign and click to load an autosave.......
Remove your override folder from the installation. Will have to wait for the authors to update the mods so it plays nice.
Had the same problem but tried that before posting to see if it worked since I was only seeing the pre SCS campaign options from mods.
Falkirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-18, 09:43 AM   #21
Morrissey
Swabbie

Downloads: 29

Thank you Julhelm & Falkirion

I am now back in Commission
Old 06-04-18, 09:07 PM   #22
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 1

Quote:

Have just tried uninstalling and reinstalling via steam and get the same result.
I am sure you on you guys will have the answer.

2004 MOD is updated. This should solve your issues.

2004 Mod Update # 8: Date:06/04/2018

Resync'd for Update 1.15.
Replaced the SEAWOLF and VIRGINIA Models with the official SEAWOLF model released by Killerfish Games in 1.12.
Replaced the LOS ANGELES Flt II and LOS ANGELES Flt III models with the official models released by Killerfish Games in 1.12.
Reworked ULA and HAUK Models.
Added SEVERODVINSK (YASEN) Class to both NATO and RUSSIAN 2004 North Atlantic Campaigns using the official Killerfish model.
Cleanup of general campaign files, and general 1.15 sync.

As always, let me know of any problems encountered.

Sorry for the delay, Large programming projects in real life have limited my hobby time of late.

LTJG Beam

Last edited by LTJGBeam; 06-04-18 at 11:25 PM.
LTJGBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-18, 04:54 AM   #23
Boomer Ang
Watch

Downloads: 0

IMO it is necessary to have detailed windows of the internal of the sub, like Dungerous Waters had, like Sonars, ECM etc etc... why ? Because I have never seen in my whole life a Sub Captain, a crew and whatever you want, managing a sub from the external of her This way sounds arcadish, imo.
Boomer Ang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-18, 10:06 PM   #24
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer Ang View Post
IMO it is necessary to have detailed windows of the internal of the sub, like Dungerous Waters had, like Sonars, ECM etc etc... why ? Because I have never seen in my whole life a Sub Captain, a crew and whatever you want, managing a sub from the external of her This way sounds arcadish, imo.
I agree BUT this is better than nothing and it would take ALOT more resources to deliver that with any kind of quality.

Someday before I am gone I hope. The real kicker would be VR. I would be in heaven to be able to walk around the conn and bark out orders.

Helm, ALL ahead standard.

Dive make your depth six nine zero feet, smartly!

Man the tracking party.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-18, 12:58 PM   #25
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
Helm, ALL ahead standard.
Technically, saying "All" would be redundant if your boat has one screw. "All" (in the case of the USN) is a hold-over from the old days of the fleet boats which had two screws but its tolerated as a tradition, even if it isn't accurate.

Believe it or not, this was a conversation we had besides trying to figure out what the cooks would be serving on Halfway Night.

Carry on..

ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-18, 05:45 PM   #26
moose1am
Frogman

Downloads: 0
Support Wondering if and when the Virgina Subs will be included?

Virginia Subs next?

Moose1am

My avatar resembles the moderator as they are the ones that control the avatar on my page.
moose1am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-18, 01:30 AM   #27
Stormbringer20041
Swabbie

Downloads: 3
Icon14

thanks killerfish, mates- and just so you know, it was a stellar experience beta-testing for the expansion.

sorry I wasn't active more though
Stormbringer20041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-18, 11:13 AM   #28
jorca2
Mate

Downloads: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish Games View Post
It is nearly a year since Cold Waters was released and what a year it has been...
In that time we've made continuous updates, improvements and added additional content, all to the base game and all for FREE!

What's New Trailer

Check out the What's New Trailer to see highlights of these major additions since release which include;

South China Sea Campaign
An all new campaign takes you to the warm waters of the Pacific where you'll take on the People's Liberation Army Navy of China in an attempt to maintain naval control and bring stability to the region.

New Player Submarines
By popular demand, the formidable Seawolf class is now playable along with the Los Angeles Flight 2 and Flight 3.

Crew Voices
Adding to the tension, immersion and putting you firmly in command, your crew now call out warnings, updates and verify orders you've given.

Point and Click Controls
We got a lot of feedback about the controls and listened to what players wanted, namely a full point and click interface with tool tips to command your submarine. So we added it (and made it fully modifiable to build the user interface you want).

Neutral Shipping
Not every contact is a target anymore! Fishing trawlers, container ships, tankers and whales roam the ocean making it crucial to correctly identify your targets before firing on them.

Improved Terrain, Cities and Air Bases
The terrain system has been completely overhauled to improve performance and visual quality. In addition, urban areas, cities, all new port facilities and air bases have been added, many of which may well be targets for your land strike missions.

Ship Recognition Manual
Can't remember the difference between a Kanin and a Kashin, or a Luda and a Luhu? You won't have to with the in-combat ship recognition manual, a comprehensive encyclopedia of the various ships and submarines outlining their capabilities, sensors and weapon systems.

New Vessels, Aircraft and Weapons
Over 35 new vessels, mostly comprising the People's Liberation Army Navy as well neutral shipping, have been added in conjunction with new weapon systems and aircraft to support them.

Vertical Launching Systems
Available on the Los Angeles Flight 2 and 3, these batteries of missiles let you stock up on additional anti-ship or anti-land missiles which can be fired in rapid volleys.

Oil Rigs
Similar to neutral shipping, oil rigs are also dotted about the oilfields of the North Sea and South China Sea.
OK, thanks I´ll works with this mod
jorca2 is offline   Reply With Quote