SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-21-22, 07:46 PM   #1
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 982
Uploads: 0
Default Cold Waters is a MASTERPIECE! Cold Waters with DotMod is a PERFECTED MASTERPIECE!!!

THANK YOU Killerfish for Cold Waters and THANK YOU DOTMOD MAKERS for taking this MASTERPIECE and PERFECTING it even more! I am 52 and have been playing computer games before Aces of the Deep! Cold Waters is the Submarine naval warfare game that I have always wanted! The way the game is made there is always intense action going on not much time for boredom! Different types of enemies with different types of very dangerous offensive capability's make for the greatest submarine naval warfare that I have ever experienced in a submarine game. There is a lot of randomness to the way things unfold with this nail-biting submarine simulation naval warfare game. So many different levels of challenging gameplay, you can easily edit the campaigns to make them easier or harder, (I like to add the chance to encounter more Udaloys and enemy air power in most all of the different types of missions in the campaigns) also the submarine you pick to command and the era will determine the difficulty too!

Unfortunately 688i, Sub Command and Dangerous Waters just did not do it for me. Also I love World War 2 Submarines, but to be honest in my opinion the warfare of that era is NOWHERE near as exciting as the more modern era of submarine warfare in COLD WATERS.

I just recently fired up the DOTMOD = and to my pleasant surprise this is "THE REAL PERFECTION MOD!!!" I have always wanted the towed array to be done in a more realistic way, to be able to deploy the towed array and retract it and see the towed array. Also now with DOTMOD I can truly sneak in behind a enemy submarines baffles and take him out with a passive torpedo without the submarine be alerted when the torpedo goes into passive tracking mode. That was the only problem that truly annoyed me about the original game. Just with these few fixes DOTMOD ANSWERED ALL OF MY WISHES For My Favorite Submarine Naval Warfare game of ALL TIME = COLD WATERS with DOTMOD! It looks like DOTMOD has made the A.I. even better and added a whole world full of addons and improvements to the overall game and campaigns too!

COLD WATERS AND DOTMOD IS A BRILLANT MASTERPIECE!!! Beautiful Graphics and Special Effects and Excellent Cat and mouse submarine naval warfare make this My BEST Submarine Naval Warfare Game Of ALL TIME! If you have not played this game yet you need to give it a try, you need to learn how to maneuver your sub manually with the keyboard to survive in this game.

THANK YOU KILLERFISH and DOTMOD!!!

With this Game and Steel Beast Pro and several fantastic military shooters I am set for life. Also I will say that for World War 2 Submarines as much as I wanted Silent Hunter 3 and the many major mods to do it for me, unfortunately they did not for many reasons. I was pleasantly surprised with the U Boat Dark Waters mod for Silent Hunter 4, that gave me the Best U Boat experience attacking a convoy that I have ever experienced. But like I said before to me the submarine warfare in COLD WATERS with DOTMOD is so much more EXCITING to me you can do so much more effective evasive tactics to try and get away and survive your enemy then you can in a slow world war 2 submarine. If you have not played this game yet you need to give it a try, you need to learn how to maneuver your sub manually with the keyboard to survive in this game.
Lonny007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 04:02 AM   #2
steel shark
XO

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 5

Icon14 thank you

i my self mod a few games and am also working on DotMod & my own add-on mod for it

so thank you Very much for your Comments Concerning DotMod we are not many and are different time zones also : so we do what we can when we can if we can

so very nise feedback helps greatly for the team

"i can also say WE are currently adding new game features and various new game mechanics that when publicly released i think will turn quite a few heads in the cold waters gaming community"

thank you again Lonny007

Steel Shark
Old 05-23-22, 05:20 AM   #3
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Thank You for the Kind Words Steel Shark!

"my own add-on mod for it" will this be added into DOTMOD or available to download separately? anything interesting you would care to discuss about your own mod? hehe.

Is this the only website for DOTMOD https://github.com/DotModGroup/ColdWaters-DotMod

I see that you mentioned the "DotMod Discord" is that the website that I copied and pasted above.

What is the most active forum for Cold Waters would that be Steam?

Do you guys need donations to help keep the lights on and perform your magic to this Masterpiece Submarine Game?

THANKS AGAIN FOR MAKING THIS AWESOME MOD FOR COLD WATERS!!!
Old 05-23-22, 07:41 AM   #4
steel shark
XO

Icon1 thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny007 View Post
Thank You for the Kind Words Steel Shark!

"my own add-on mod for it" will this be added into DOTMOD or available to download separately? anything interesting you would care to discuss about your own mod? hehe.

Is this the only website for DOTMOD https://github.com/DotModGroup/ColdWaters-DotMod

I see that you mentioned the "DotMod Discord" is that the website that I copied and pasted above.

What is the most active forum for Cold Waters would that be Steam?

Do you guys need donations to help keep the lights on and perform your magic to this Masterpiece Submarine Game?

THANKS AGAIN FOR MAKING THIS AWESOME MOD FOR COLD WATERS!!!

When i first started to mod DotMod i was not a member and did Dot Mod Custom add-ones how ever in its early stages it was evolving very fast so was hard to mod it

then i became a Contributor making stuff for them and doing research for them for ships , subs , weapons

then i became a Mod Developer for it i do mostly the user interface stuff so :

Damage Control panels
Weapon Sprites
vessel signatures
periscopes
medals
vessel profile pictures so the identification book ect
and a few weapon textures for models
and still research stuff

My Mod is called CWA

"Cold Waters Advanced"

if you look in the Mods Workshops For Cold Waters in this subsim coldwaters channel its in their right at the top of the

Sub-Forums : COLD WATERS

but as i make new stuff and come up with new ideas and add to dotmod my self and use their stuff its consistently being changed any ways theirs quite a few things to read up on about it

it will eventually be a addon to dotmod yes however ive all ready added some of my new CWA ideas in to DotMod already and ofc used some dotmod stuff in my own mod so we see whats what when its ready for release im more then happy for them to use any of my works done for CWA to be included in the main mod

hears a link to the main DotMod Discord sight :

https://discord.gg/DrmztcDYYf

As for your Kind offer for Donations these are Troubled times all over the world please KEEP your money you may need it

The Offer is VERY appreciated tho

Steel Shark

Last edited by steel shark; 05-23-22 at 07:53 AM.
steel shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-22, 11:35 PM   #5
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Thanks for the info Steel Shark!

I will check out your Mod "Cold Waters Advanced" !!!

Had a problem registering for "hears a link to the main DotMod Discord sight :

https://discord.gg/DrmztcDYYf" Thank You, pretty secure site, Unfortunately after the long registering process I GOT THIS MESSAGE when trying to log in.
"Your account has been disabled"

is there a way someone can re-enable my account, i never even got to use it yet. I could message you here at subsim my login email address?

How do i have my account at discord changed from being disabled?

Yes it is getting expensive here in Oregon USA, but i will always be willing to $Support$ improving games I like!

Thanks for sharing your modding talent! The work you guys are doing to improve Cold Waters is Awesome, I LOVE DOTMOD!!! THANK YOU!!!
Old 05-30-22, 07:54 AM   #6
steel shark
XO

Support discord help

Ok im not brilliant with Discord not going to lie to You

did a look on the internet 4 u try this link :

https://pletaura.com/discord-account...scord-account/

or Subsim message me k and we can try sort it out

Or you could make a new temporary one Perhaps for now while you try Recover your Old one ?

Any Ways Those my idea's on it

Steel Shark
Old 10-17-23, 10:25 AM   #7
R3dakted
Watch

Downloads: 63
Nuke

Yeah, I love Cold Waters w/ dotmod... it's literally therapy for me.

It's great fun figuring out how to use the quirky, loud, glorious Soviet boats in new and terrifying ways!

History is written by the Victors, Sierras, Oscars and Deltas...

Silence is Golden
R3dakted is offline   Reply With Quote