Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-28-06, 03:21 PM   #1
VCDH
Swabbie

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Default IRC Channel for Harpoon...

I have had, for some time now, set up an IRC channel for people who want to meet and talk about Harpoon, warfare (of any kind), or even if you just want to meet other Harpoon players.

For those of you unfamiliar with IRC, we suggest that you use mIRC. This is a nice windows based client that has been in wide use for several years now. You can download it at www.mirc.com.

Those of you who are old hands at IRC will have no problems with connecting to a server.

The Harpoon IRC channel can be found on the GameSurge IRC Network at channel #harpoon. As some of you may know, Gamesurge is the recent result of a settlement of a lawsuit between the directors of the former Gamesnet IRC Network. They split apart, taking most of their registered channels with them.

The GameSurge site can be accessed at: www.gamesurge.net

Those of you who have older versions of mIRC may not have Gamesurge installed in their server. For this situation, Gamesurge has provided instructions to update your mIRC client to add their Network to your mIRC program.

Visit http://www.gamesurge.net/cms/Client%20Update/ for instructions on how to add the Gamesnet IRC Network.

#Harpoon on Gamesurge has people on channel during most hours of the day. It is open to ALL players of Harpoon, naval buffs or even if you just want to talk shop. Our current regulars include members from the US, Canada, the UK, Italy, Norway, Germany, Greece, and Australia. It provides an un-affiliated area where people can meet and talk without dis-respect or ridicule.

The channel is most active between noon GMT and 4 AM GMT. For those of you in North America that's between 8 AM EST and Midnight EST. In Australia that's around 9 PM to Noon their time, although because of their location are mostly on during the evenings in Europe and North America.

If you have any problems don't hesitate to contact me via PM or at: daleh@nf.sympatico.ca

Hope to see you on channel!

Later
Dale Hillier

"Men have died. Boys. Eighteen year old conscripts. I blew them away and burned them alive. Oh well, it's what I do."

Lt. JG Justin 'Sleaze' Olson
'The Sixth Battle' by Barrett Tillman
VCDH is offline   Reply With Quote