Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-19-06, 09:15 AM   #1
martinjohn
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Aces of the deep

I've been playing Command , Aces of the deep for ages now and still regard it as the best and most challenging.
However is there nothing more to be had after being promoted to Korvettenkapitan with knights cross with diamonds?
I also get constant "subsim.exe" errors after 1942 , especially if armed with fatIII torpedoes.If I try to set anything with these torps then the whole game freezes!!! Damn annoying when a battleship has just been sunk. please advise if there are any patches to fix these problems.
martinjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-06, 05:47 AM   #2
Bertgang
Sparky

Downloads: 1

The only further step I know for a Korvettenkapitan with knights cross with diamonds is the option for a safe staff duty; the only way I sometimes (few times!) survived the whole campaign, out of few more times I become a prisoner of war having abandoned in time my sinking boats.

I have your same problem with fatIII torpedoes when playing with my best pc (a PIII with windows 98, about 300 mb ram), not when using the older one (a PI with windows 95, just 16 mb ram).
Bertgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-06, 08:47 AM   #3
MarkShot
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 93

AOD [DOS] v1.2 (no med expansion installed) running unders Windows XP Pro SP2 and DOSBOX 0.63.

I just set up a quick mission with FATIIIs and programmed them and launched them. No problems.
Old 02-20-06, 02:19 AM   #4
martinjohn
Nub

Downloads: 0

I'm using a p1 233mhz with 128ram to run command aces.Do u think it could be too much for this older program? Am running Win95 as well.I only kept this machine for Aces as my p4 didn't want to run it. I constantly get "subsim.exe" errors though. It does help re-installing it though , but have to save my savedata dir and copy that across.
martinjohn is offline   Reply With Quote