SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-02-19, 08:07 AM   #16
Ulrich Kröpke
A-Ganger

Downloads: 531
Uploads: 0
Default Pause botton

Hi Mr.Pisces,
then we need a install of the pause botton in the host of the MP.
Nu mook man to.
Ulrich Kröpke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 11:22 AM   #17
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrich Kröpke View Post
Hi Mr.Pisces,
then we need a install of the pause botton in the host of the MP.
So if someone controlling one of the other boats has to stop for some reason the entire game should come to a halt until that person returns?

Quote:
Nu mook man to.
The universal translator is suffering from quantum gravimetric distortions.
Old 12-03-19, 04:49 AM   #18
Ulrich Kröpke
A-Ganger

Downloads: 531
Default Pause botton

OK. A Pause botton is not possible. But in the "host" mode, in my eyes, it should be possible to install a save game option. So you can save the game, go for a meal or do something else, and then go on with the saved game.
"Nu mook man to", is a german slang, called "Plattdeutsch", and means something like "go on with you duty". I wrote this in Plattdeutsch, because I wanted to make a joke. I hope you understand a joke.
Ulrich Kröpke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 06:39 AM   #19
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

The devs/Neal did say a save option will eventually be added.

Sorry, it didn't register as a form of German dialect. I grew up near Hengelo and Enschede in the Netherlands. But I am unfamiliar with interpreting that phrase.
Old 03-17-21, 07:01 PM   #20
Torpex77
Helmsman

Downloads: 72
Default Freeze

I support a Pause in Single Player...no body ever has to use the potty?????
Old 03-20-21, 03:11 PM   #21
Nordmann
Commodore

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpex77 View Post
I support a Pause in Single Player...no body ever has to use the potty?????
It always amazes me how often folks have to step away from the computer when playing an online game, almost as if they don't actually have the time or indeed the desire to be playing it in the first place.
Old 03-20-21, 09:25 PM   #22
Torpex77
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordmann View Post
It always amazes me how often folks have to step away from the computer when playing an online game, almost as if they don't actually have the time or indeed the desire to be playing it in the first place.
I specified SINGLE Player
Old 03-22-21, 05:47 PM   #23
Nordmann
Commodore

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpex77 View Post
I specified SINGLE Player
It was a general observation.
Old 03-23-21, 05:52 PM   #24
Torpex77
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordmann View Post
It was a general observation.
So Now I'm a general? J/K
Old 03-24-21, 10:41 AM   #25
joshmorgan20
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 3

I agree with most everyone else, Wolfpack is at its core a subsim and not an arcade shoot'em up. I love the fact the game is challenging so I hope they don't change that. No cheat codes, just you, your crew, and a submarine trying to kill while not being killed. You have to have fear because that is what makes it exciting, and I am pretty sure real sub commanders were scared sometimes. Anyways this is not a criticism against you so hopefully you don't take it that way. Keep it real. well realish

If you have to pee then do what they did on real submarines, tell one of your crew mates that mother nature is calling and please watch my station until I return. Simple.
joshmorgan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-21, 11:40 AM   #26
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

joshmorgan20!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-22, 09:40 PM   #27
Moyer2957
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceh View Post
Although I see the supposed benefits of a pause feature, I think it would go against the grain of what Wolfpack is. A HC sim.

I've seen this many times, players in a game asking for crutches, and if gone down that road the value of the game for the HC-oriented folk is decreased.
I admire the devs for bringing bots into the game, but running from station to station before bots was also very rewarding in its own right.

I am not saying that pause itself is such a terrible idea, but that the avenue it is on is a murky one.
The thing is HC or otherwise many of us aren't sailors and know very little about sub operations. Without a dedicated training ground with tutorials it's only fair to have a pause in single player so we can stop and read the manual. HC Sim is a poor excuse to not have a pause unless u happened to know how to operate a WW2 sub. I sure as hell don't. I was in the Army and operated a Bradley. I wouldn't expect anybody to know how to operate a Bradley in a HC Sim. I spent 2 months in training learning the basics to operate a Bradley in all crew positions. After which we constantly trained and went to advanced schools as rank and experience permitted. I'm pretty sure navigators or fire control officers had even more training and to expect people to be at that level is insane. Not having a pause especially for solo players is a mistake. Just my opinion though. And please don't try maybe this game isn't for u bs. That's a crap response also. Again, we aren't trained on any aspect of sub ops but that doesn't mean the game isn't for us. It's a cool game but I constantly have to stop snd read which causes me to lose my course or other negatives happen. A dedicated training mode and a pause would help immensely. Because I'm finding myself frustrated trying to learn a game that I'm constantly restarting missions simply because of no pause
Moyer2957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-22, 12:16 AM   #28
Tazer691
Swabbie

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyer2957 View Post
The thing is HC or otherwise many of us aren't sailors and know very little about sub operations. Without a dedicated training ground with tutorials it's only fair to have a pause in single player so we can stop and read the manual.
I agree whole heartedly about the pause option in SP. At the very least in the tutorial mission if nothing else.

It's like the devs want to make it as hard as possible to learn. Not everyone can spare 3 or 4 hours uninterrupted in their down time....i'm lucky if can eek out 2 hrs on the weekend. Being in Australia makes it even worse as most people are playing at ungodly hours in relation to me.

Having said that, the game is truly a sensational achievement. And it still listed as Beta so who knows what they'll add in time? Hopefully a pause option is on the list.
Tazer691 is offline   Reply With Quote