SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-16-10, 08:04 PM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Anyone had this mission in TMO RSRD?

File on good career I had going in TMO RSRDC July 1944 got corrupted somehow and failed to load, so started a new career with a Balao with SubPac in October 12, 1944.

Op Order was to support the invasion of Leyte by heading a 50 NM patrol area at the south end of Formosa Straits since intel says IJN fleet will sortie(as we know they did) to repel the invasion, looking for that decisive battle.Op Order said keep a 12 knot SOA to arrive by 20 October 1944 but had to speed up to 16 knots for half of the trip to arrive on time.

Just wondering if anyone has had this mission before and found IJN fleet units? I could open up the files with the ME I suppose but prefer to not know that much detail.

Just curious if anyone has had this mission and found anything.Thanks in advance.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-10, 09:18 PM   #2
VonGlaus
Gunner

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Why yes, as a matter of fact. That was the start to the best (and worst) SH4 experience I've had.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158119

No, I never found the IJN ships in the patrol area. But as soon as the timer expired and I high-tailed it to the invasion area, I had all sorts of fun.
VonGlaus is offline   Reply With Quote