Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-17-20, 09:26 PM   #121
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
Well, It's official. Quarterback Tom Brady of the New England Patriots will be playing elsewhere next season. Reports are that Brady will be playing for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this upcoming season. It's hoped the future Hall of Fame quarterback can revive a stagnant offense there. It's being reported Brady will be paid 30 million a season.

It's also been said that Problematic and exiled wide receiver Antonio Brown wants to rejoin Brady. In April of 2019, Brown was sued in court by a toddlers father who alleges his son was almost hit by furniture Brown threw from his balcony, almost striking the child. The owner of the apartment also sued Brown saying he skipped out on paying the rent and severely damaged his apartment.

If Brown does go with Brady. It will be a circus and I don't think Brady wants his reputation to be tarnished by a reunion with Brown.

https://nesn.com/2020/03/antonio-bro...l-to-patriots/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...h-30m-per-year
Thank you for seeing this and reporting it ... Tampa Bay had a great year except for it's QB Winston throwing more interceptions than touchdowns.
Should be an interesting year if this virus is peaked by then August could cancel, but not September.

In other news LA Chargers QB Philip Rivers has been claimed by the Indianapolis Colts for $25 million with a one year contract
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 06:23 PM   #122
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

I'll send August some flowers.
Old 03-19-20, 06:36 PM   #123
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
I'll send August some flowers.

Francis says it best!

NSFW language.

August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 02:28 PM   #124
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Francis says it best!

NSFW language.

I KNEW he was a yankees fan! That [insert work here]!
Old 03-22-20, 03:35 PM   #125
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

This was nice of New England Patriots owner to say thank you to Tom Brady for all of the years he served them

https://sports.yahoo.com/kraft-famil...143156035.html

Quote:
The Kraft family and the New England Patriots continue to share their gratitude for everything Tom Brady has done for the franchise over the last 20 years.

They took a full-page ad out of the Tampa Bay Times to thank Brady for all of his contributions.
Quote:
Thank you, Tom, for your countless contributions to the New England Patriots, and we wish you and your beautiful family continued success. There will never be another Tom Brady.
or achievement

Old 04-22-20, 07:31 AM   #126
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Well, It's official. The " Gronk " Rob Gronkowski, formally of the New England Patriots, is officially un-retiring to rejoin his bestest buddy, Tom Brady in Tampa Bay. Rob, with a lot of time on his hands had recently begun to get into the wrestling ring.

Although retired, the New England Patriots had the contractual rights to Gronkowski and traded him to Tampa and The Patriots agreed to send Gronkowski and a seventh-round draft pick to Tampa Bay in exchange for a fourth-rounder in the upcoming college draft.

With arguably the best players at their positions, I.E Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski and playing together again, Tampa looks serious about making a deep playoff splash. Tampa Bay football fans have a lot to be excited about this season, that is if there is a training camp and season with Covid-19 curtailing and ending sports seasons.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...D=ansmsnnews11

Ironically, Tampa turned down the services of embattled Wide Receiver turned head case, Antonio Brown but couldn't open the check book fast enough for the Gronk.

This year's college draft taking place on starting on Thursday, April 23rd and is deep in good quality wide receivers. The entry level rookie wide receivers are not carrying the baggage and chaos that Antonio Brown takes every where he goes.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 04-23-20 at 06:58 AM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-20, 11:10 AM   #127
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

What if Cincinnati picks Joe Burrow's and then they trade him?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-overall-pick/

Quote:
The Bengals hold the first overall pick in the draft. LSU quarterback Joe Burrow is widely expected to be the first overall pick in the draft. Thus, the Bengals are widely expected to select Burrow with the first overall pick in the draft.

Now, Jeremy Rauch of FOX19 in Cincinnati reports that the Bengals have informed Burrow that he’ll be the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.
I didn't use to think that Joe Burrow's was all that good til he proved me wrong in the championship game.

I hope this Covid-19 virus doesn't stop the NFL football season or even interrupt it come say November/December play offs January and Super Bowl February 2021
or achievement

Old 04-22-20, 04:32 PM   #128
August
Wayfaring Stranger

This year really sucks.
Old 04-22-20, 08:41 PM   #129
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
This year really sucks.

The good news for you August is that you can savor the Super bowls won by New England and perhaps usher in a new era there at Foxboro.

It will be interesting to see if Belichick can retool there and begs the question : Was it Brady and company responsible for the Superbowls they won or was it the Belichick way that won those Superbowls.

Since Tampa resides in the NFC and New England in the AFC, you can cheer on Brady, Gronk and company at Tampa and remain loyal to New England. While it's not the same as one big family in Foxboro, kids grow up and move out and move on.

While It's hard to argue with the success that the Patriots and their fans have enjoyed, one gets the feeling that Brady, Gronkowski and perhaps other Patriot players didn't like Belichik or playing for him. Gronkowski jumped at the chance to come out of his year long retirement to reunite with Brady at Tampa.

With that being said, you had a front row seat to one of the greatest football teams to ever play. Not many can say that.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 04-23-20 at 06:44 AM.
Old 04-23-20, 09:34 AM   #130
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Tonight is the night for the NFL football draft ... at least it's something with no basketball, baseball, NASCAR or tractor pulls

Round 1 of the 2020 NFL Draft will begin at 8:00 p.m. ET on ABC, ESPN and NFL Network.
or achievement

Old 04-25-20, 07:35 AM   #131
August
Wayfaring Stranger

NSFW Language

Old 04-27-20, 05:32 PM   #132
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Well, the dust has settled and the 2020 NFL draft has concluded. There were a number of really good Wide Receivers available in addition to an unusually high number of quality Quarterbacks, Running Backs and Defensive Backs.

With all the picks made, how did your favorite team do in the draft ? Did your favorite team pick the players you wanted them to take ?
Old 05-07-20, 10:16 PM   #133
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

We don't even know if they will have an NFL football season yet Commander Wallace ...

My favorite team did okay, but they still have to make it through preseason to get on the team. I noticed a lot of teams even the KC Chiefs were hiring undrafted football players left and right.

Maybe cut out two preseason games would be a good idea ... no fans has also been mentioned, but it's too early yet to know for sure.

Here's the NFL Monday Night Football schedule just out today still on ESPN I think which is owned by ABC

or achievement

Old 05-08-20, 02:06 PM   #134
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
We don't even know if they will have an NFL football season yet Commander Wallace ...

My favorite team did okay, but they still have to make it through preseason to get on the team. I noticed a lot of teams even the KC Chiefs were hiring undrafted football players left and right.

Maybe cut out two preseason games would be a good idea ... no fans has also been mentioned, but it's too early yet to know for sure.

Here's the NFL Monday Night Football schedule just out today still on ESPN I think which is owned by ABC

I am coming to grips with that too. The NFL games scheduled to be played in the U.K and Mexico have also been cancelled. We will just have to take a wait and see approach with regards to the NFL games or any sports, really.

It's a small price to be paid to keep everyone healthy although I really miss the sports. It's impossible to complain when so many health care people are giving it everything they have to save lives.
Old 05-14-20, 10:41 PM   #135
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...us/5188573002/

This seems totally stupid, imo. You might as well just broadcast 2 people playing Madden. If they even do games this year, seems like the wrong year to have an indoor stadium. I'm kinda thinkin sports is done until further notice. There's too much money involved with sports to keep then clamped down. They'll magically get an exemption. I'm surprised sport's media hasn't completely collapsed yet. (I think sport's media is the second lowest form of media, preceded by entertainment media)