SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-14-08, 07:49 PM   #1
nsb
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Silent Hunter 2 - How Do I Return To Base?

Hi there,

This probably sounds like a stupid question, but in Campaign mode, how do I return to base to end the mission?

I got back to the base and stick the U-Boat in a pen, but the missions doesn't end. Is there a specific place I have to position the boat?

Thankyou.
nsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-08, 09:53 PM   #2
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

To be honest I forget, someone here should know. By the way, Welcome
to SUBSIM

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-08, 11:03 PM   #3
Reinhard Hardegen
Raiders of the Deep

Downloads: 255

You can sail back to base, or choose to end mission after mission has been completed.

Good to see people are still playing the old girl. I myself have many copys of the game. I still play it on my laptop.
A quote from Donitz; “The reason that the American Navy does so well in wartime is that war is chaos, and the Americans practice chaos on a daily basis.” “For the lessons one fails to learn during peacetime, one pays a high price in war.”
Reinhard Hardegen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-08, 11:05 PM   #4
Reinhard Hardegen
Raiders of the Deep

Quote:
I got back to the base and stick the U-Boat in a pen, but the missions doesn't end. Is there a specific place I have to position the boat?
It should end as soon as you get to base. You dont have to park it unless you want too.

Make sure what base the mission has asked you to return to. Or what you have to do to end mission.
A quote from Donitz; “The reason that the American Navy does so well in wartime is that war is chaos, and the Americans practice chaos on a daily basis.” “For the lessons one fails to learn during peacetime, one pays a high price in war.”
Old 01-15-08, 11:20 AM   #5
Urspankd
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard Hardegen
Quote:
It should end as soon as you get to base. You dont have to park it unless you want too.

Make sure what base the mission has asked you to return to. Or what you have to do to end mission.
Exactly, when you near the base you should get a report that says something like: Mission Completed! At any time after that you may exit the mission via ESC key. You can then view what objectives you have accomplished. When finished Quit and you are done. It will go to another screen and award you a medal for your performance
Old 01-15-08, 03:55 PM   #6
nsb
Nub

Downloads: 0

I don't get a radio message or a mission complete report. I got recalled to base, so went back to base - and when I press escape to view the results it says for the objectives that I've been successful in returning to base.

If I then hit quit it takes me back the the main menu and I have to restart the campaign from scratch. It just doesn't seem to register with the program that I'm back at base and it's time for the next stage of the campaign!

Here's a screen shot of when I get to base, just to show you I'm in the right place:

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8485/simcap02pu3.jpg

I tired to take a screenshot of the results page where it says the objective of returning to base has been successful, but for some reason it won't capture that.
nsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-08, 09:34 AM   #7
Reinhard Hardegen
Raiders of the Deep

for that screen shot, just do a print screen and paste to paint, save as .jpg