SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-29-16, 03:39 AM   #1
She-Wolf
Watchdog

Downloads: 152
Uploads: 0
Default I got a dig in the ribs....

.. because I have not been on here for a bit - thank you Aktungbby.

For those that remember me ( though why you should I cannot say) a shame-faced 'hello' - I have been watching from a distance, via Facebook. You all look so young to me these days ( apart from such folk as Jimbuna and SailorSteve of course, who have been on here for ever and a day) that I feel my role is more to watch and learn than have anything of value to impart, because your enthusiasm for the game is impressive, and I can only go um, er and gape at the depth of knowledge. Anyway, I am fine, creakier and fuzzier as befits a lady of a certain age, but still getting me feet wet from time to time in the Kanal or the waters around Honshu. Thank you for even noticing my absence dear hearts!
Old 09-29-16, 08:52 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

All credit goes to Fireftr18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireftr18
Has anyone heard from She-Wolf and know how she's doing?
I merely followed-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by She-Wolf
...that I feel my role is more to watch and learn than have anything of value to impart,...
Nonsense Ma'am; the expression is : "observe AND REPORT"...once in awhile so we 65 year-old kids don't worry!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 09-29-16 at 09:02 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 09:09 AM   #3
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

It's good to see you check in. I tend to take a peek at everything that gets posted here, so I've seen the times you've dropped in with questions. Other than that I don't have much to say, except when I actually have a viable answer. Of course that doesn't mean we don't notice.
Old 09-29-16, 09:35 AM   #4
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Good afternoon young lady, I trust you are well and the weather is holding up in sunniest Petersfield

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 10:58 AM   #5
She-Wolf
Watchdog

Downloads: 152

you say the nicest things Jimbuna - if I had any eyelashes worth fluttering I would flutter them.
Sailor Steve, not much escapes you then.. now I have been summoned back here for being AWOL ( thank you Mr Aktungbby, Sir), the desire for the open sea is stirring again, so no doubt I shall be calling in with another question before too long...

I don't actually know where the MIA thread is else I would thank FireFtr18 for his concern - what a nice bunch of blokes you all are!
Old 09-29-16, 12:13 PM   #6
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Medicinal Liquor stores & gittin'...Groggy?

Quote:
and I can only go um, er and gape at the depth of knowledge. Anyway, I am fine, creakier and fuzzier as befits a lady of a certain age,
Quote:
I don't actually know where the MIA thread is else I would thank FireFtr18 for his concern - what a nice bunch of blokes you all are!
MIA http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=159552 For our departed 'serious 'stiffs only! Go with a little: Rum, BEer and fermented gRape; from your ship's surgeon's stores. Watch that depth! You'll B even 'finer, fuzzier and less creaky'! < Old Grog Don't forget to add Rose's Lime water to the mix; Scurvy is frowned upon at as U...
Quote:
^splice the mainbrace
ALAS! Only the Queen or the Admiralty Board can order it.
(1:00 into video)

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote